ADVERTISEMENT

Toughest game next season

Gators, Tennessee and UGA will all be tougher games than clemson in 2016. I think Georgia made a good hire in Smart, they just made a worst 'fire' running Richt off. Smart will do well at Georgia but no better and probably not as well as Mark Richt during his run.
To-date Muschamp's staff-building has been excellent, he's a wildfire, the players seem to like him ... he recruits well, we've got lots to offer and a pretty good upside. If we can get the best in-state guys to stay home and come here (passing on those who have 'baggage' or big-heads - clemson can have THOSE) we'll get our share from NC, GA and FL - plus hopefully 'branch out' far enough to be competitive for other region's better players.
In GA we need to get even better tied-in within 50-miles of downtown Atlanta, expand our presence in Houston and Bibb Counties, work south GA more to get those Moultrie and Valdosta guys interested in 'Carolina instead of FSU, GA Tech and UGA and work western GA to attract those guys near Columbus this way instead of towards Auburn and Alabama.
We need to stay on top of NC's targets and keep working the Tampa, Jacksonville and south Florida areas as hard as we can.
8-4 with a win over clemson will be a good 1st year after the implosion we suffered in 2015. No reason not to start winning 10+ each year after that with even deeper runs and a couple of championships in the year's to follow.
Baby steps ... but clemson ain't gonna' be our 'big worry' - in any year.
We've pulled even with clemson in the last decade. South Carolina football will never again be a push-over. We were a lousy 3-8 in 2015 after winning almost 50-games the previous 5-years and had clemson crapping in their pants before winning by 5-points. clemson is a very good 2nd-tier team, that's all. The Gamecocks will be fine over the next few years.

Reactions: BigTomE
I'm sorry I don't agree , UGA is s top 5 job in the south , Patterson would have turned me down before I got to Smart.. I also think they fired a better coach than they hired..

Gators, Tennessee and UGA will all be tougher games than clemson in 2016. I think Georgia made a good hire in Smart, they just made a worst 'fire' running Richt off. Smart will do well at Georgia but no better and probably not as well as Mark Richt during his run.
To-date Muschamp's staff-building has been excellent, he's a wildfire, the players seem to like him ... he recruits well, we've got lots to offer and a pretty good upside. If we can get the best in-state guys to stay home and come here (passing on those who have 'baggage' or big-heads - clemson can have THOSE) we'll get our share from NC, GA and FL - plus hopefully 'branch out' far enough to be competitive for other region's better players.
In GA we need to get even better tied-in within 50-miles of downtown Atlanta, expand our presence in Houston and Bibb Counties, work south GA more to get those Moultrie and Valdosta guys interested in 'Carolina instead of FSU, GA Tech and UGA and work western GA to attract those guys near Columbus this way instead of towards Auburn and Alabama.
We need to stay on top of NC's targets and keep working the Tampa, Jacksonville and south Florida areas as hard as we can.
8-4 with a win over clemson will be a good 1st year after the implosion we suffered in 2015. No reason not to start winning 10+ each year after that with even deeper runs and a couple of championships in the year's to follow.
We've pulled even with clemson in the last decade. South Carolina football will never again be a push-over. We were a lousy 3-8 in 2015 after winning almost 50-games the previous 5-years and had clemson crapping in their pants before winning by 5-points. clemson is a very good 2nd-tier team, that's all. The Gamecocks will be fine over the next few years.

You could be right, but anyone paying attention has seen UT is improving, UF was much better before they lost their qb. Richt was good for 8-10 wins a year, he was good for 1-3 games a year losing to teams we should beat. Smart may be no better, but without a change we were going to be fighting for 3rd in the East again. I think Smart is a great hire, kids in Georgia are excited about playing for him at UGA. We picked up a 17 commit Christmas day, his 5* teammate for 17 is very close to committing to us and could before the end of the year. We have lost some coaches, Shottenheimer or ever how its spelled was the reason for Richt getting canned, Pruitt wasn't going to stay and run Smart's defense, hated losing him. Our TEs were a forgotten position and our TE coach is looking to the NFL. Brown was RB coach, which is almost everyone's top recruiter, Brown was ok, anyone one of us posting could have coached Chubb and Michel. McClendon is a very good recruiter, but an average on the field coach. No idea who our RB and WR coach is going to be, have an idea who the DC will be. But if it's who I think, and the WR coach I think, it will be tough getting kids to leave the state that UGA wants. Unlike most states, we could win a NC without signing a kid from out of state, Richt ignored that fact and ever team who won a NC the last 10 years had multiple starters from Georgia, even tOSU.

But in spite of that, there is still a question of can Kirby run a program, he has been the right hand man of the best in college football over the last 7 years and is a smart guy, I think he can, but I understand our opponents hope he can't. Teams who weren't worried about us as long as Richt was the coach are now saying how dumb we were for firing him.

Realistically I am not expecting more than 8 wins, new coach, new staff, hopefully a new qb and a true frosh at that, will have some issues. But what I hope to see is we come out every week, looking prepared to play, play hard, not like its the first day of spring practice 1-3 times a year. If we do that, 17 and 18 will be a wild ride.

I'm thinking Florida on the road. Possibly UGA at home with that new quarterback Eason. He is the real deal. Obviously Florida in the swamp is never easy and I'm sure they will be significantly improved on offense next season. Thoughts?

Either Clempson at Clempson or Florida in the Swamp. There will be several other very tough games as well.

Soft schedule makes for a soft team. When we get back on track, you'll see the difference between the two conferences when we play them.

I think that has already been seen. Rivalry hasn't gone too well for the sec lately. No reason to believe the sec is getting better.

Happy anniversary, fear. You're now on day 2 on FGF! No longer will your member info show "joined today". It now says "joined yesterday". At least for 24 hours. You old timer, you. We are really going to value your expert opinions! Congrats!
Lol, upstate. Everyone knows that you were never a new member. Heck, you had 500 posts on this site before it even existed! Chuck Norris wears upstate underwear! And on the rear end, it says "Clemsux!" Everyone bow to the greatest poster of all time! You make fun of someone new and their "expert" opinion, but I would listen to my dog's "expert" opinion over yours. What a tool.

Reactions: 5pointsalum16
Stop trolling. Geez. Clemson is the #1 seed in the playoff and the only undefeated team in the country, but yeah...they're "a very good 2nd-tier team".

I think that has already been seen. Rivalry hasn't gone too well for the sec lately. No reason to believe the sec is getting better.

Huh? Since the 2000 season the ACC has had exactly 3 winning seasons Vs. the SEC. The SEC has had a winning record in 12 seasons, and 1 season split at 6-6. You should take a look at the link below.

http://www.mcubed.net/ncaaf/tvc/sec/acc.shtml

Reactions: SportsSuites1
Lol, upstate. Everyone knows that you were never a new member. Heck, you had 500 posts on this site before it even existed! Chuck Norris wears upstate underwear! And on the rear end, it says "Clemsux!" Everyone bow to the greatest poster of all time! You make fun of someone new and their "expert" opinion, but I would listen to my dog's "expert" opinion over yours. What a tool.
Nice post #8, johnson! You sure seem know a lot about me, but only 8 posts? It's nice to know clemsux bothers you that much. Hilarious!!

Yeah, I'm real concerned what you think about me. What a loser. Go back to taternet, they'll appreciate your drivel & they have about the same low IQ.

Nice post #8, johnson! You sure seem know a lot about me, but only 8 posts? It's nice to know clemsux bothers you that much. Hilarious!!

Yeah, I'm real concerned what you think about me. What a loser. Go back to taternet, they'll appreciate your drivel & they have about the same low IQ.
If you didn't care, then why did you respond? Also, you proved my point when you referenced my post total. As if post total or duration of membership have anything to do with team affiliation or fandom. The term "Clemsux" doesn't bother me one bit. Stupid people bother me, i.e., you, and people like you. When I see or hear grown adults resorting to juvenile slurs repeatedly as their only means of argument, I associate it with low intelligence. I think most intelligent people would as well. So, I find it ironic that you try to use low IQ to belittle me, but not unexpected. I don't pretend to know you, and based on your posting habits, I'm rather glad I don't. But then that's my point isn't it. When all you post about is "Clemsux" this, or "Tater" that, and you don't add anything informative to a conversation, people just assume you're stupid. Either that, or you're the troll trying way too hard to disguise it. Either way, I'm sure you're winning at life.

Reactions: 5pointsalum16
If you didn't care, then why did you respond? Also, you proved my point when you referenced my post total. As if post total or duration of membership have anything to do with team affiliation or fandom. The term "Clemsux" doesn't bother me one bit. Stupid people bother me, i.e., you, and people like you. When I see or hear grown adults resorting to juvenile slurs repeatedly as their only means of argument, I associate it with low intelligence. I think most intelligent people would as well. So, I find it ironic that you try to use low IQ to belittle me, but not unexpected. I don't pretend to know you, and based on your posting habits, I'm rather glad I don't. But then that's my point isn't it. When all you post about is "Clemsux" this, or "Tater" that, and you don't add anything informative to a conversation, people just assume you're stupid. Either that, or you're the troll trying way too hard to disguise it. Either way, I'm sure you're winning at life.
So if you don't like stupid people, you must hate yourself. You sure think you know a lot about me, but you're only on post #9? I know you don't like that I point that out, but it is important. You've either been banned before or you use multiple names. Probably the later since you're an expert on my postings. It took one post for you to show everyone you're a complete clemsux troll. Congrats.

I's okay for you to call me a tool, but I not supposed to mention your low IQ? What am I typing? clemsux fans aren't logical or reasonable. I hope you enjoyed bashing me. I bet it makes your feel like a big boy inside, huh? clemsux little man syndrome. Constant need for recognition.

Reactions: funktavious
So if you don't like stupid people, you must hate yourself. You sure think you know a lot about me, but only you're only on post #9? I know you don't like that I point that out, but it is important. You've either been banned before or you use multiple names. Probably the later since you're an expert on my postings. It took one post for you to act like a complete clemsux troll. Congrats.

I's okay for you to call me a tool, but I not supposed to mention your low IQ? What am I typing? clemsux fans aren't logical or reasonable. I hope you enjoyed bashing me. I bet it makes your feel big inside, huh? clemsux little man syndrome. Constant need for recognition.
DUDE THE SIMPLE MATTER OF FACT HERE IS THAT IF ANYONE ON THIS SITE POSTS ANYTHING EVEN REMOTELY RATIONAL, RESPECTFUL OF CLEMSON, OR NOT WORSHIPING THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH CAROLINA, YOU, ALONG WITH ABOUT 5-6 OTHER GUYS HAVE A STROKE AND CALL CLEMSUX OR DUMBO LOVER OR SOMETHING COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS. GO JOIN THE INSIDERS FORUM IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HAVE AN INTELLECTUAL CONVERSATION HERE. End of rant. You get the picture.

So if you don't like stupid people, you must hate yourself. You sure think you know a lot about me, but you're only on post #9? I know you don't like that I point that out, but it is important. You've either been banned before or you use multiple names. Probably the later since you're an expert on my postings. It took one post for you to show everyone you're a complete clemsux troll. Congrats.

I's okay for you to call me a tool, but I not supposed to mention your low IQ? What am I typing? clemsux fans aren't logical or reasonable. I hope you enjoyed bashing me. I bet it makes your feel like a big boy inside, huh? clemsux little man syndrome. Constant need for recognition.
I go to the University of South Carolina and I'm 23 years old, and my maturity level is light years ahead of yours. I should be the one acting like a child, yet you seem to be surpassing me with flying colors. I just don't get it.

DUDE THE SIMPLE MATTER OF FACT HERE IS THAT IF ANYONE ON THIS SITE POSTS ANYTHING EVEN REMOTELY RATIONAL, RESPECTFUL OF CLEMSON, OR NOT WORSHIPING THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH CAROLINA, YOU, ALONG WITH ABOUT 5-6 OTHER GUYS HAVE A STROKE AND CALL CLEMSUX OR DUMBO LOVER OR SOMETHING COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS. GO JOIN THE INSIDERS FORUM IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HAVE AN INTELLECTUAL CONVERSATION HERE. End of rant. You get the picture.

Hey tater, why all the CAPS?

Reactions: UpstateGamecock2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT