ADVERTISEMENT

Trevor Lawrence...

vidaliagamecock

Nov 20, 2001
He is good. He will be the consensus #1 pick at the draft. I do feel like the media is selling him as the greatest QB of his generation. I'm not there yet. I am not sure he is the best Clemson QB in the past 5 years.

He built his reputation off that game against Bama is freshman year. He was the 2nd best quarterback on the field for the 2nd consecutive post-season. And since Clemson doesn't play anyone during the regular season, he doesn't have any unforgettable performances outside of the playoff.

For "one of the greatest ever" I would expect more memorable victories.

That being said, I'm sure he'll be very good at the next level. He's just over-hyped as a college QB.

The fumble problems he showed tonight are going to be a real issue at the next level when he has equal talent.

Reactions: cocks rule
He built his reputation off that game against Bama is freshman year. He was the 2nd best quarterback on the field for the 2nd consecutive post-season. And since Clemson doesn't play anyone during the regular season, he doesn't have any unforgettable performances outside of the playoff.

For "one of the greatest ever" I would expect more memorable victories.

That being said, I'm sure he'll be very good at the next level. He's just over-hyped as a college QB.
And when you get into the advanced analytics, Clemson wasn't good on standard downs, it's was something like 7 big plays with missed tackles by Bama that made Clemson dominant on the score board, but not as much on the field, and all of that was by the skill players balling out and making him look good. This is, I think, the first time he ever had a dirty pocket consistently and he fell apart.

He is good. He will be the consensus #1 pick at the draft. I do feel like the media is selling him as the greatest QB of his generation. I'm not there yet. I am not sure he is the best Clemson QB in the past 5 years.
I've already said straight out that Deshaun was the best of the UPC quarterbacks. Still the best.

Yep! Lawrence gets his cred from his freshman year. But, elite qb - go see Deshaun Watson young man.

At the end of the day, the media does what they always do pick a player and run with them to the end of kingdom come.

Also, its nice that Lawrence won't have the 'Ship' game to ride into the draft with. Win or lose - the honor will be Fields.

Trevor Lawrence problem is he is not used to getting hit He got hit more in that dominated 4th quarter than any other time in his life. And clemson was lucky OSU didnt score more than 49. He fumbled twice in the 4th. He has to protect the ball better in the NFL. Because he is going to get hit a lot.

Man... I HATE clemsun with a passion... but Trevor has a CANNON for an arm! He is a very good QB, and was the best true freshman I have ever seen.

The Clemson defense looked lost in the first half. I don't know if losing Turner made that much difference for their secondary but it looked to me like they didn't have a clue what Ohio State was going to do. Venables looked confused on the sidelines too. Maybe someone slipped him the wrong playbook and signals?

The OSU defense looked dominant against TL and Etienne. The Clemson WRs couldn't get any separation and TL looked like he was unable to put the ball where they could catch it. OSU had someone in his face on every pass play. They can say what they want but they were missing Tony Elliott. If Dabo was calling plays he should fire himself. At times it looked like he was calling stuff just to see if it would work.

Talent wise this is the worse Clemson team I have seen in several years. They were better in Trevor's freshman year. Maybe we are witnessing the beginning of the decline of Clemson. Or maybe Dabo is leaving after this year.

Reactions: Falcon2323
The Clemson defense looked lost in the first half. I don't know if losing Turner made that much difference for their secondary but it looked to me like they didn't have a clue what Ohio State was going to do. Venables looked confused on the sidelines too. Maybe someone slipped him the wrong playbook and signals?

The OSU defense looked dominant against TL and Etienne. The Clemson WRs couldn't get any separation and TL looked like he was unable to put the ball where they could catch it. OSU had someone in his face on every pass play. They can say what they want but they were missing Tony Elliott. If Dabo was calling plays he should fire himself. At times it looked like he was calling stuff just to see if it would work.

Talent wise this is the worse Clemson team I have seen in several years. They were better in Trevor's freshman year. Maybe we are witnessing the beginning of the decline of Clemson. Or maybe Dabo is leaving after this year.
Bo, they couldn't even get lined up. I mean, WTH?

Reactions: OldWiseCock

I think it was a combination of Clemson being real thin on defense especially DB and LB.

Elliot being gone. And if Venerables was stealing signs OSU fixed it.

And OSU playing a great game offensively and defensively. Clemson was not used to getting smashed in the face.

Trevor is still a hell of a player . He will be an elite NFL QB . The kid still threw for 400 yards but Fields was just on another level . One of the best single game performances by a QB ever especially after the injury . I would put Fields performance right up there with Vince Young against Southern Cal

Trevor is still a hell of a player . He will be an elite NFL QB . The kid still threw for 400 yards but Fields was just on another level . One of the best single game performances by a QB ever especially after the injury . I would put Fields performance right up there with Vince Young against Southern Cal
Or Joe Burrows all last year.

Maybe so, but Trevor won't win the Heisman. The WR for Bama will win it.

If I were voting I'd vote for Fields. That was a heroic performance.

Reactions: hahnenkampf
He proved that even the best QB is average when the O-Line can’t protect him (or her for those politically correct whackos).

The truth is that we as Carolina Fans would take either one of these Quarterbacks in a heart beat . They are elite talents. Carolina Fans will have a really good one coming in in the 2022 class named Gunner, super talented arm and before anyone can say if we can hold on to him, we will because Georgia has the number one dual threat Quarterback signed for the up coming season from the same state of Georgia .

Watson is the best QB in state history. I'd take Lawrence today for Carolina, but I don't buy the generational talent hype. I was certain they'd win 3 national titles with Lawrence after that first Bama game. Glad he didn't come close to rising to those expectations.

TL would be running for his life behind our current OL.

Watson is the best QB in state history. I'd take Lawrence today for Carolina, but I don't buy the generational talent hype. I was certain they'd win 3 national titles with Lawrence after that first Bama game. Glad he didn't come close to rising to those expectations.

Reactions: allyourbase

Clemson’s D was out of sync. Put it down to great play calling by Ryan Day. His offensive play calling in the 2Q was a think of beauty. I have not seen a quarter like that, except maybe with Spurrier in 2010 Alabama game and again a UGA game. And Justin Fields. He was sharp, and the better QB on that field. The long ball - great accuracy. I also liked his approach - the focus.

Thr key to beating Clemson is to get their D out of sync. This requires changing offensive tempo. It’s very hard to do and you have to have a team highly coached to execute this. Ohio did.

Not sure if our O can ever get there with Bobo.

Reactions: OldWiseCock
Trevor Lawrence looked really good playing against ACC competition, but other than his first game against Alabama he didn't play that great against the better teams. I also don't think he's going to be the #1 pick. I think NFL GMs know he's good but he's not good enough to carry a last place team. His games against teams with superior talent gives you an indication of what he would do in the NFL.

That team is about to spend a lot of money to get ****ed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT