ADVERTISEMENT

UConn goes down to ND in WBB

Uh duh! It's not all about them! What is this obsession with UCONN? They are a great program in decline! On the last legs of the Geno dynasty! Get over the Huskies and move on. The next few years we'll need to beat Baylor, Oregon, Notre Dame and Maryland to win championships!
What's this tendency to deny or suppress their dominance over us? Don't you know that, as long as you play any team regularly and never beat them, you are completely owned by them and are therefore hideously marred as a program.

Reactions: atl-cock
The next few years we'll need to beat Baylor, Oregon, Notre Dame and Maryland to win championships!

So true about Baylor. I checked out the 2018 class. By, 2021 those kids will be fire. All positions were filled with top 20 prospects. But, our class should be rolling together nicely by then to. Maryland has some nice players to.

Does anyone know why Maryland's #1 PG did not play in the All-American game? They mostly used Cooke. Or was she rated to high?

What's this tendency to deny or suppress their dominance over us? Don't you know that, as long as you play any team regularly and never beat them, you are completely owned by them and are therefore hideously marred as a program.
Our series with them is good for both programs! It has not been climactic for either team! We've won championships despite the losses. It has not hurt us. You also avoid the reality that for eight of those 11 years they lost a total of three games. There was a 109 game winning streak and a 91 game streak! Nobody was beating UCONN. The man amassed a few rosters of talent unparalleled in WBB. You could roll out an Olympic team of UCONN alums. We are a new blossoming program just hitting our stride. We will beat them. Everybody knows that except you. And we sure as Hades don't need to apologize for the 11 losses nor our championships!

So true about Baylor. I checked out the 2018 class. By, 2021 those kids will be fire. All positions were filled with top 20 prospects. But, our class should be rolling together nicely by then to. Maryland has some nice players to.

Does anyone know why Maryland's #1 PG did not play in the All-American game? They mostly used Cooke. Or was she rated to high?
She played! She is not as good as Cooke and Horston!

Baylor only loses 2 starters with a cabal of McDonald's All American stars waiting in the wings! Our programs will clash. Notre Dame will drop some next year. But not far. They have recruited very well. Maryland is loaded for next year! Oregon and Oregon state will be great next season!

NC State is another program to watch next year! Please let's not forget Texas A&M will finish second to us in the SEC! The Aggies will be very good!

She played! She is not as good as Cooke and Horston!

I'll watch the game again. I missed her completely. I know a little bit of Zia was playing to show her out to - especially since she got the start over her.

Last edited:
Baylor only loses 2 starters with a cabal of McDonald's All American stars waiting in the wings! Our programs will clash. Notre Dame will drop some next year. But not far. They have recruited very well. Maryland is loaded for next year! Oregon and Oregon state will be great next season!

NC State is another program to watch next year! Please let's not forget Texas A&M will finish second to us in the SEC! The Aggies will be very good!

Yes, that is true about Baylor. They still be contenders. I think all these programs will clash. I hope Jackie Young declares - because I want Dallas Wings to get her. I doubt she'll want to be the only SR on the team. Plus, she got her ring, and many analysts rate her as ND best all round player.

Yes, NC is a very good program. That FR they got Cunnan - that kid has a very nice ceiling. I had them beating Iowa, don't know what happen there.

Don't forget Arkansas. Amber Ramirez will be eligible next year with Dungee right by her side.

I don't like Carter's little ball hugging a*s. It look like she's down there controlling Gary Blair's old behind. But, yes, they will be good. I know Carter is tired of getting kicked out in the S 16

I wonder what Tenn kids are thinking down there and what they will look like in the end?

SEC baby.

Our series with them is good for both programs! It has not been climactic for either team! We've won championships despite the losses. It has not hurt us. You also avoid the reality that for eight of those 11 years they lost a total of three games. There was a 109 game winning streak and a 91 game streak! Nobody was beating UCONN. The man amassed a few rosters of talent unparalleled in WBB. You could roll out an Olympic team of UCONN alums. We are a new blossoming program just hitting our stride. We will beat them. Everybody knows that except you. And we sure as Hades don't need to apologize for the 11 losses nor our championships!
That's a lot of elaboration to obfuscate the essential point: they own us. They've not only beaten us every time we've played, but mostly by margins that have been decisive. It's no disgrace. They own a lot of people, most of them in the AAC. Among the better teams they own or virtually own, they don't own any as completely as they own us.

Not so hot. When Cooke came off the floor in the 1st quarter, the East fell behind by 9 points. The East coach made a nice adjustment by taking the UT signee, Horston, and playing her with the second unit as the primary ball handler.

Honestly, I though Cooke was the true MVP. Horston was impressive, but she played against the 2nd team players on the West. Both Cooke and Horston are going to be really good, regardless. Apparently the debate over who is the better player dates back to their high school days in Ohio. I expect that rivalry to continue (assuming Horston is still going to UT).

Reactions: lawcalcock
Not so hot. When Cooke came off the floor in the 1st quarter, the East fell behind by 9 points. The East coach made a nice adjustment by taking the UT signee, Horston, and playing her with the second unit as the primary ball handler.

Honestly, I though Cooke was the true MVP. Horston was impressive, but she played against the 2nd team players on the West. Both Cooke and Horston are going to be really good, regardless. Apparently the debate over who is the better player dates back to their high school days in Ohio. I expect that rivalry to continue (assuming Horston is still going to UT).

Horston needs to back out of that Tennessee deal and come to Columbia! She is too great a player to waste away at Tenn. Fat Phil Fulmer is over there trying to hire a coach on the cheap!

Agreed Cooke should've been the MVP. Yes, it would a great rivalry to watch if Horston still comes down south.

Horston needs to back out of that Tennessee deal and come to Columbia! She is too great a player to waste away at Tenn. Fat Phil Fulmer is over there trying to hire a coach on the cheap!

Look at the other #2 prospect Evina Westbrook that went over there - wasting away. Granted, this was Tenn worse season since Warlick took over, but all the transfers a few years back, all the talent they had during the 2016 season and only made the Elite 8. Horston should've been thinking about those details, and not get carried away by the fluff. I would like her to come over here, but I don't see it happening.

Reactions: DarkCock
Agreed Cooke should've been the MVP. Yes, it would a great rivalry to watch if Horston still comes down south.

Look at the other #2 prospect Evina Westbrook that went over there - wasting away. Granted, this was Tenn worse season since Warlick took over, but all the transfers a few years back, all the talent they had during the 2016 season and only made the Elite 8. Horston should've been thinking about those details, and not get carried away by the fluff. I would like her to come over here, but I don't see it happening.

While Westbrook was acknowledged as a great player coming in, Warlick didn't play her at her natural position and Westbrook was not pleased, and was not a "team" player. Thus it was a mutual (some at Tenn say she was "requested" ) decision to enter the transfer portal.

Whatever... I hope they all transfer out, and whoever the new coach is has to play all freshmen walk on players.

While Westbrook was acknowledged as a great player coming in, Warlick didn't play her at her natural position and Westbrook was not pleased, and was not a "team" player. Thus it was a mutual (some at Tenn say she was "requested" ) decision to enter the transfer portal.

Whatever... I hope they all transfer out, and whoever the new coach is has to play all freshmen walk on players.

I can see going back home to Oregon. You know Law was integral in getting that 2017 class in and I was kinda hoping some would've left with her. Can still happen. You could always tell that Westbrook was not happy. But, again they fall for the fluff

Reactions: Silverspur02
Hideously marred? Really, hideously marred? We have won a national championship more recently than they have. I'll bet they wish they could have beaten Mississippi State when they had the chance.

Both UConn and Notre Dame will going through a re-boot - not a rebuild, but a reload if you will, next season.

Notre Dame's entire starting group is gone: Turner, Shepard, Ogunbowale, Mabrey. Only Young is returning - she'll be a senior next season. Notre Dame had the #11th ranked incoming class for 2019, with only 2 players in 5* Brunelle (#4 overall and #1 F) and 5* Peoples (#21 overall and #4 PG). They have former 5* players in Young who will be the automatic leader, Patterson, Gilbert, and Nixon, but there will be a huge overhaul similar to what we went through this season post-Wilson, as only Young were major producers.

(*EDIT* - looks like Jackie Young is also out the door. I guess she had a red-shirt year or something, but she is now eligible for the WNBA, and reports are that she is opting out of her final year of college eligibility and will add herself to the draft. So, Notre Dame is in even more dire straits for next season)....

UConn also loses top talent in seniors Samuelson and Collier. Only two leave the roster which isn't a lot, but those two were not only their top 2 scorers by a large degree, but were 2 of their top 3 rebounders, and they only bring in 1 player for their 2019 class in 6-1 Aubrey Griffin unless they find some transfers. They will have Megan Walker who was the #3 rebounder, but is 6-1, and Nelson-Ododa who struggled this season as a 6-4 freshman, but that's it. UConn struggled to compete against opponents with deep post positions, and I expect them to struggle even more next season, but Auriemma and staff are great at coaching up his teams, so we'll have to see.....

Baylor unfortunately lost Cox to a serious leg injury during the championship game. It hasn't been officially reported as to the degree of the injury, although several estimates are an ACL. Hope not for her, but if that's the case, then she might not be available for much of next season if not all the season, but we'll wait to see what the official news is. But Brown - the other head of the two-headed post-monster that Baylor has had for 2-3 years - is a senior, and Jackson is as well. Brown, Cox, and Jackson were Baylor's top 3 scorers, top 2 rebounders and shot-blockers, and Jackson led the team in assists and steals per game. They do have some top quality players and talent in Richards, Landrum, and Smith, but will add only 1 incoming freshman to the roster in 5* (#11 overall and #4 G) Jordyn Oliver. After Cox, Baylor has 6-3 Queen Egbo and 6-2 Smith who were both freshmen this season, then a bunch of 6-0 and 6-1 players, so they better hope that Cox can return as soon as possible, or they won't have that presence in the post anymore....

Some huge changes of the guard at the top of WCBB for next season, possibly. Miss State is also going to be different losing McCowan, Howard, Danberry, and Holmes. It's a wild new world......

Last edited:
I'll bet they wish they had played us instead.
That argument is old. Uconn beat MSU by 60 the year before they lost to them in the FF. Uconn beat us by 13 earlier in the year when they were going for 100 in a row.
We were playing much better in the tourney than earlier in the year. We beat MSU three times that year, what makes you think we couldn't have beaten Uconn? We went 6-0 in the tourney, Uconn went 4-1. I think Uconn would rather have had our season.

That argument is old. Uconn beat MSU by 60 the year before they lost to them in the FF. Uconn beat us by 13 earlier in the year when they were going for 100 in a row.
We were playing much better in the tourney than earlier in the year. We beat MSU three times that year, what makes you think we couldn't have beaten Uconn? We went 6-0 in the tourney, Uconn went 4-1. I think Uconn would rather have had our season.

You are graciously wasting your time. His perspective on this issue is completely irrational! Somehow for reasons I can't fathom he sees the world of WBB thru a UCONN prism. It's all about UCONN with King. I suspect he needs a 12 step program! Nonetheless he is very likeable and fun at times.

And I still think they would rather have played us in Dallas. Why wouldn't they? Why wouldn't you want to play a team you had utterly owned and never lost to in your history?

And I still think they would rather have played us in Dallas. Why wouldn't they? Why wouldn't you want to play a team you had utterly owned and never lost to in your history?

Of course they wanted to play us! Everyone wants to play the best! That's what we were in 2017! UCONN was a quarter finalist! The Gamecocks were champions!

Of course they wanted to play us! Everyone wants to play the best! That's what we were in 2017! UCONN was a quarter finalist! The Gamecocks were champions!
Yes, and as they say, you need to be good - and you have to have a little luck along the way to a championship. We had it. We had it large. Dodging them was the biggest break a team ever got in the history of mankind.

Yes, and as they say, you need to be good - and you have to have a little luck along the way to a championship. We had it. We had it large. Dodging them was the biggest break a team ever got in the history of mankind.

We lost the 2nd player chosen in the WNBA draft and STILL won the national title. So GTFO with this "luck" talk, hater.

iu

That was MSU. They beat MSU by 60 the last time they played. I'm sure they were more than happy to play MSU rather than us. And then oops! They couldn't even beat the second place SEC team.

And like Staley said after Coates went out - you had enough on the bench to make a run. And a run they surely did.

ConwayGamecock - Don't forget DeCosta over at Baylor.

That was MSU. They beat MSU by 60 the last time they played. I'm sure they were more than happy to play MSU rather than us. And then oops! They couldn't even beat the second place SEC team.
Listen, parry and thrust all you want to. We've never beaten them, we've seldom and ever been close. Until we have beaten them, there are not grounds for contending we might have beaten them for the first and only time in any given hypothetical situation. Losing to them is the established and unbroken precedent.

Listen, parry and thrust all you want to. We've never beaten them, we've seldom and ever been close. Until we have beaten them, there are not grounds for contending we might have beaten them for the first and only time in any given hypothetical situation. Losing to them is the established and unbroken precedent.
King please get this thru your thick skull! That's your obsession not ours! You can't force others fans to drink your UCONN obsession Kool-Aid! That old dynasty has to find its way back! Maybe Geno could use your help!

Reactions: danh011 and Milks26
King please get this thru your thick skull! That's your obsession not ours! You can't force others fans to drink your UCONN obsession Kool-Aid! That old dynasty has to find its way back! Maybe Geno could use your help!
Maybe Dawn could use your help going up against Geno.:D

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT