ADVERTISEMENT

UConn goes down to ND in WBB

Do we play UConn next year? We need to beat them for a change. We hang in for a while, and then get blown out.

Oh man What a day. 3rd year in a row no uconn in the championship game. So happy. Honestly, if
C. Dillard out of Buffalo had help they would've died in the 2nd round.

Reactions: DarkCock
Hopefully this will get a couple of fans on this forum off Geno's nut sack! Geno blew 9 point lead with seven minutes to play!

When Geno loses to us, blather will be in order - for a few minutes.

it's only about Geno and us in the recesses of your , ahem, mind! It's been 4 years since they won a title. They won't win it next year either! The Geno/UCONN dynasty is officially over!

UCONN1.jpg

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor.../05/final-four-losses-uconn-women/3384139002/

it's only about Geno and us in the recesses of your , ahem, mind! It's been 4 years since they won a title. They won't win it next year either! The Geno/UCONN dynasty is officially over!
Can't prove it by us. As long as there's somebody out there we simply can't beat, it doesn't matter whom they lose to or when. So what if UConn has declined to mere Duke levels, only better.

Can't prove it by us. As long as there's somebody out there we simply can't beat, it doesn't matter whom they lose to or when. So what if UConn has declined to mere Duke levels, only better.

Your premise is completely irrational! It pre supposed each year is some inevitable event! Each year is different. It's fair to say we haven't beat them. Saying we can't is rather silly. I told You the day Brianna Stewart left it was over. I'm telling you right now we'll kick em in Columbia next season. Now I leave the last word to your cynical rants while hanging from Geno's nut sack!

Your premise is completely irrational! It pre supposed each year is some inevitable event! Each year is different. It's fair to say we haven't beat them. Saying we can't is rather silly. I told You the day Brianna Stewart left it was over. I'm telling you right now we'll kick em in Columbia next season. Now I leave the last word to your cynical rants while hanging from Geno's nut sack!
You want rationality. Here it is, and without the insult you insist upon. With respect to them and us, regardless of the cast of characters, each year has been the same. It will be the same until we actually, you know, BEAT THEM.

Reactions: atl-cock
Will have to pull for, reluctantly, Baylor. Don`t want ND to win 2 yrs. in a row.

Baylor wins it all when they find, shall we say, an unusually prodigious presence in the middle. Androgynous possibly, or possibly not.

It never fails to amaze me the short term thinking of some fans. Geno is in his 35th year. Dawn is in her 11th.

Reactions: lawcalcock

I remember when USC beat Clemson 5 years in a row in football. "WE OWNED THEM." Oh, OK. Maybe we shouldn't have ignored the 2013 team wasn't quite as good as the previous couple of years or SOS was suddenly old or Clemson was out recruiting Carolina or the playoff would be a game changer.

So I think it's fair to point out that UCONN's teams have declined over the past few seasons and that USC is out recruiting them, Geno is suddenly old and Dawn becoming the national coach in place of Geno is a game changer.

I love SOS, but Geno is a better coach. I'm sure he won't go quietly. He'll challenge again for the title. At this point, however, UCONN is just one rival among several.

Reactions: lawcalcock
I remember when USC beat Clemson 5 years in a row in football. "WE OWNED THEM." Oh, OK. Maybe we shouldn't have ignored the 2013 team wasn't quite as good as the previous couple of years or SOS was suddenly old or Clemson was out recruiting Carolina or the playoff would be a game changer.

So I think it's fair to point out that UCONN's teams have declined over the past few seasons and that USC is out recruiting them, Geno is suddenly old and Dawn becoming the national coach in place of Geno is a game changer.

I love SOS, but Geno is a better coach. I'm sure he won't go quietly. He'll challenge again for the title. At this point, however, UCONN is just one rival among several.
There's no rivalry with someone you've never beaten. Beating them once only provide the scantest hint of rivalry.

Reactions: Cybercock
If he were in his 26th year and she in her first, then you would have something.
It took Geno 11 years to win his first NC, it took Dawn 9 years. It took Geno 15 years to win his second. I will bet Dawn has her second before year 15. In addition, I bet Dawn has more titles in the next 5 years than Geno has in the next 5 years.
Just my opinion, but I believe Uconn is on the decline, primarily because of the awful conference they are in (as is their men's team), plus the fact that it is becoming harder to win in WBB. Many more good teams than in the past.

Geno's galaxy sized ego will not allow him to suffer seasons without championships. My bet is he retires after next season. Oregon, Baylor, USC, Maryland and Notre Dame will be more talented than UCONN next season. Transfer season could change those dynamics for better or worse. So this assessment might need revisions after the big guns announce their transfer destination.

It took Geno 11 years to win his first NC, it took Dawn 9 years. It took Geno 15 years to win his second. I will bet Dawn has her second before year 15. In addition, I bet Dawn has more titles in the next 5 years than Geno has in the next 5 years.
Just my opinion, but I believe Uconn is on the decline, primarily because of the awful conference they are in (as is their men's team), plus the fact that it is becoming harder to win in WBB. Many more good teams than in the past.
100% gospel!

There's no rivalry with someone you've never beaten. Beating them once only provide the scantest hint of rivalry.
I don't know any Gamecocks that consider us UCONN s rival? They have only one Notre Dame!

Yes. Great point about the conference. When the Big East broke apart, UCONN went to the AAC and Notre Dame went to the ACC. The Huskies were OK the first several years, thanks to a generational talent in Stewart. But now that their talent is level with several other elite teams, they have choked in the Final Four. Their conference play doesn't prepare them for tight games. Notre Dame, on the other hand, is doing better than ever.

Note I wrote rival "for the title". Last time I checked, we've won a national title since they have.
king seems to be one of those folks that think our title doesn't count because we didn't beat UCONN! He has never said that. But it's been inferred in many of his posts. Miss St beat UCONN in the FF and has nothing to show for it!

Note I wrote rival "for the title". Last time I checked, we've won a national title since they have.
Of no account as long as they won us. Which they do, utterly. We might have bragging rights on a few people. But we certainly have none with respect to them.

king seems to be one of those folks that think our title doesn't count because we didn't beat UCONN! He has never said that. But it's been inferred in many of his posts. Miss St beat UCONN in the FF and has nothing to show for it!
I do not claim that our championship doesn't count. I do think we were fortunate not to play them since they so manifestly own us. Those are the breaks; we got one that time.

Reactions: atl-cock
What? Where is the logic? Where is the point and what is the point?
The point is that 11 years - does that include her time at Temple - makes one a seasoned, veteran head coach. All 35 years makes Geno is an old man. He was a seasoned, veteran head coach a long time ago.

Of no account as long as they won us. Which they do, utterly. We might have bragging rights on a few people. But we certainly have none with respect to them.

Uh duh! It's not all about them! What is this obsession with UCONN? They are a great program in decline! On the last legs of the Geno dynasty! Get over the Huskies and move on. The next few years we'll need to beat Baylor, Oregon, Notre Dame and Maryland to win championships!

The point is that 11 years - does that include her time at Temple - makes one a seasoned, veteran head coach. All 35 years makes Geno is an old man. He was a seasoned, veteran head coach a long time ago.

Lawd hayah muhcy! Nothing but love for you brother!

Reactions: king ward
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT