ADVERTISEMENT

UNC is getting the band back together!!!!!!! Mack Brown??*

I saw something about that and it said Gene Chizk as d coordinator and kingsbury as o coordinator.I dont think it would work well at all.
First off, Mack would face the constant issues of people negatively recruiting aganst him due to his age just like Spurrier. It would always be "How much longer will he be there?"
Second, Chizck just left there for I believe health and fmaily issues. i dont see him jumping right back in on that.
Third, Kingsbury has zero conncections to this part of the country and would face uphill battle recruitingwhere he knows very few if any people. It would help recuriting Texas but that would not be as easy to pull players away from there. You may get one or two.
I think that is a pipe dream by UNC people that would never happen and would be a bad idea if it did. I think the names I have heard like Norvell at memphis, and Tony Elliot from Clemson make much more sense but who knows.

I saw something about that and it said Gene Chizk as d coordinator and kingsbury as o coordinator.I dont think it would work well at all.
First off, Mack would face the constant issues of people negatively recruiting aganst him due to his age just like Spurrier. It would always be "How much longer will he be there?"
Second, Chizck just left there for I believe health and fmaily issues. i dont see him jumping right back in on that.
Third, Kingsbury has zero conncections to this part of the country and would face uphill battle recruitingwhere he knows very few if any people. It would help recuriting Texas but that would not be as easy to pull players away from there. You may get one or two.
I think that is a pipe dream by UNC people that would never happen and would be a bad idea if it did. I think the names I have heard like Norvell at memphis, and Tony Elliot from Clemson make much more sense but who knows.

Yes, I agree with you about the coordinators. Makes more sense to go after Elliot. Sure, Clemson would match any dollar amount, but UNC could dangle a potential head coaching job as well. If not Elliot, then some other young coordinator.

Well that sure was quick. Indicates that this deal was in the making for some time.
I don't understand brining in a coach who is around 70. Plenty of young and up and comers look for a chance to get to P5.
Call me crazy, but I don't see this as ending up as a feel good story 5 years from now.

Reactions: DarkCock

If these guys aren't senior, they will sit the 1st half next year against USC.

I wished we hired Dick Sheridan when Jo Mo passed away... Almost hired Spurrier at the time too..

Also, we almost hired Dan Reeves after Coach Carlen...

Lots of almost hired of good coaches back then....
I was under the impression USC went after Sheridan but he wasn't interested. He was one of my hope fors. Never heard that about earlier SS hire.

Reactions: Brace1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT