ADVERTISEMENT

USAWNT World Cup?

lawcalcock

Apr 8, 2016
Been watching this squad a lot the past year! I don't see it winning the Cup! They are still the deepest most talented squad! But the coaching and the defense is not impressive. I'm not convinced they'll get past the quarter finals.

It’s hard to comprehend a team that has a player that sits for the National Anthem while playing for that country. I don’t like the sitting in any sport, but to do it while representing the United States...come on.

That being said, definitely pulling for them. Just hope she doesn’t drape herself in the flag, if they win, if she can stand for it.

It’s hard to comprehend a team that has a player that sits for the National Anthem while playing for that country. I don’t like the sitting in any sport, but to do it while representing the United States...come on.

That being said, definitely pulling for them. Just hope she doesn’t drape herself in the flag, if they win, if she can stand for it.

Are you ****n kidding me!? What player? If she can't stand for her countries national anthem, she shouldn't be representing them.

If she kneeled today the camera hid it. They had a 92 year old WW2 Vet play the Anthem on harmonica! It was spellbinding! One of the best renditions I've heard! Anyone kneeling during that is just a disgrace to our nation!

Reactions: Cybercock
If she kneeled today the camera hid it. They had a 92 year old WW2 Vet play the Anthem on harmonica! It was spellbinding! One of the best renditions I've heard! Anyone kneeling during that is just a disgrace to our nation!

She’s been very outspoken and proud of the fact she doesn’t stand. Not sure if she actually “kneels” but she will not stand. Hope she has a miserable tournament and the women win. I wish there was a way to ban anyone from international competition that won’t stand.

I don't know about today, but I know she's knelt in the past.

I don't know about today, but I know she's knelt in the past.

There was an article written, leading up to the tournament, specifically about her kneeling. She was prideful about the fact she won’t stand during the World Cup. If something changed, great. But I can’t see that being the case based on the article.

Edit: linked article in next post

Last edited:
Reactions: Jon Snow
Guys, forgive me. My recollection of the article was wrong, therefore I was was not accurate in saying she is not standing during the World Cup. She is no longer allowed to kneel in international competition (Glad to hear this) but had in the past. Assuming she still does in non-international play. She now considers herself a walking protest of President Trump.

Article below. Again, my bad. Still won’t pull for her though.

Rapinoe

Last edited:
No chance of the USWNT losing the WC unless it’s to the host country France which is ranked #2 in world. That would also mean that France would own both the Men’s & Women’s cups.

No chance of the USWNT losing the WC unless it’s to the host country France which is ranked #2 in world. That would also mean that France would own both the Men’s & Women’s cups.
You're wrong about that! Australia and the United kingdom are good enough to beat Team USA! Our team plays below its talent level! The offensive execution is poor, our Goalie is way beneath Hope Solo talent level!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT