ADVERTISEMENT

USC 4 - Florida 5 FINAL SCORE Game one thread....

Holbrook LOST this game. We had it in the bag and he takes out Johnson to bring in Reagan who promptly gives up two HR's to go down by one run.
It certainly looks that way in retrospect. Unless Johnson was tired, you have to wonder why you don't let him finish the job.

I'll give you that breakdown. I thought our guys played with good effort and played well enough to win the game. Sometimes the ball doesn't go your way. Reagan let 2 pitches get away from him. That's one game and our guys will come ready to play tomorrow. How's that?

Thats because you are an idiot

Don't you have some racing team to join. Don't know many NASCAR race crew members who have so much time to comment on messageboards. Guess they aren't racing this weekend.

What? what were you saying earlier about Holbrook?

My internet went down in the 7th..........finally back up and I see we lost. Sux. When my internet went down, I was bitching about the ump giving the UF pitchers the Glavine corner and calling balls at the ankles strikes for them. He in turn was squeezing Schmidt for us. UF catcher has a clear 3rd strike called a ball, he gets on base with the walk next pitch, and they get a run they should have never had. I hate dumb arse umpires. It's okay to miss a strike or ball call here or there, but to spend a game clearly favoring one team's pitchers because of their perceived greatness is sad. Kind of glad my internet went down now, so I didn't have to watch us blow it.

So it's not Reagan's fault for giving up two home runs in the ninth inning? He's not an SEC closer.
No, not entirely. I don't know how long he was in the pen but when they showed him on TV he was stretching his arm...not throwing...and watching the game. I may have spoke too soon about him not being loose. Maybe someone that was at the game will correct me...or back me up.
But my point was/is...and I posted it as the game was being played...why would you go to him when Johnson had just finished 2 solid innings? You got a pitcher on the mound grooving and in a rythym, but you decide to go with another one. And like I said, one that didn't appear to be getting ready. Worse case scenario is Johnson gets in trouble and you have to go to the pen. Best case is Johnson shuts em down and Reagan is fresh for the next 2 if we NEED him to close.
And as I also stated, Reagan has a propensity to miss and give up a long ball.

Bottom line, imho, is our coaches found a way to out coach themselves...again.

Reactions: Out of Conference
So it's not Reagan's fault for giving up two home runs in the ninth inning? He's not an SEC closer.
LOL I will be the first to say that we shouldn't have taken Johnson out of the game but Reagan is most definitely a SEC closer. He leads the conference in saves!!

My internet went down in the 7th..........finally back up and I see we lost. Sux. When my internet went down, I was bitching about the ump giving the UF pitchers the Glavine corner and calling balls at the ankles strikes for them. He in turn was squeezing Schmidt for us. UF catcher has a clear 3rd strike called a ball, he gets on base with the walk next pitch, and they get a run they should have never had. I hate dumb arse umpires. It's okay to miss a strike or ball call here or there, but to spend a game clearly favoring one team's pitchers because of their perceived greatness is sad. Kind of glad my internet went down now, so I didn't have to watch us blow it.
Not sure it was your internet, mine went out too here in SC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT