ADVERTISEMENT

USC 7 - UT 6 FINAL SCORE game 1 thread....

That was close Bride. I was about to say damn you were ahead 3-0 in the count & didn't swing at 3 straight strikes. Luckily the last one was a ball

After the Tarhole game Tuesday night, Chad Holbrook has to wake up and use Taylor Widener as middle relief....Murry and Reed Scott are just awful

WTH is wrong with Regan?? If UT ties it up here, we will lose this game.

He's been passing kidney stones this week according to Holbrook in The State. Had one the other night against Coastal and played thru the pain.

Taters lose to Duke. We squeaked by with a win. I'll take it.

I don't give a hair off a rats arse about the taters.... I want Holbrook and Jerry Meyers to get that middle relief fixed....Also our offense seems to go into stall mode after we get a multiple run lead...Holbrook needs to instill the mindset of pouring it on....Until we get our bullpen issues resolved no lead is safe enough....

I don't give a hair off a rats arse about the taters.... I want Holbrook and Jerry Meyers to get that middle relief fixed....Also our offense seems to go into stall mode after we get a multiple run lead...Holbrook needs to instill the mindset of pouring it on....Until we get our bullpen issues resolved no lead is safe enough....
8-2, we can't be that bad .

Reactions: Out of Conference
This UT team will not go away easy. They will chew through our pitching staff these next two games. They have some very good hitters who are patient, don't swing at junk pitches, and they make a pitcher work for every single out they give up. I just hope we are u p to it and can win at least one of these next two games.
I feel better now. Webb has been on a tear and even as good as UT has been hitting I think he shreds them tomorrow. Or at least I hope.
Now come Sunday...who knows. Hopefully UT is out of pitchers and has to throw the bat boy...and hopefully we can hit him!
We are gonna be in deep doo-doo if our bullpen doesn't step up.

Reactions: gamecockblack
Well alright then. Let me be one of the 1st to say welcome to the board

After the Tarhole game Tuesday night, Chad Holbrook has to wake up and use Taylor Widener as middle relief....Murry and Reed Scott are just awful
Correction...Murray and Scott have performed awful. They're both solid pitchers, as I'm sure Johnson is. And they all have the skill. They're just not on top of their game for some reason.
Don't knock them for struggling, it happens. If you gotta bitch then bitch about the man that's supposed to be developing these pitchers.

Our bullpen is fine provided our rotation goes at least in to the 7th. Tonight Schmidt wasnt on his game. I think it threw everyone off.

Reactions: Out of Conference
The most concerning relief pitcher the last couple games has been Johnson because we rely so heavily on him to set up Reagan. He has been a shut down middle relief guy until the last couple SEC games (though he got screwed by the errors in game 3 against Vandy). Murray has struggled all season to throw strikes and get outs and usually we yank him quickly for Johnson. Really hope Johnson gets his mojo back soon. Of course every reliever is allowed a few bad outings every now and then. We still found a way to win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT