ADVERTISEMENT

USC Baseball Gurus: What is your honest prediction for the 2021 Gamecock Baseball Season.

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
I'm like everyone else I'm hoping for a great season, but due to my lack of knowledge about what we have returning in terms of pitching and hitting I don't know what to realistically expect.

At this point its just make the tournament. I'd like to say host a regional but we haven't shown that we are there yet under kingston with his players. Even last years 12-4 record was deceiving to just how good this team was. Yes we have alot back but so does everyone else. So just get in the tournament and if we succeed past that and host then that's icing on the cake

18+ SEC wins assuming all 30.

No worse than a #2 seed but, honestly, this team is supposed to be stacked so even that would be a bit of a disappointment depending on how the games actually go.

Not hosting a regional should be an outlier year, not a new normal.

Missing tourney should not be tolerated.

Making a Super, with the obvious improvement in recruiting, would be a really good sign Kingston can right the ship long term.

At this point its just make the tournament. I'd like to say host a regional but we haven't shown that we are there yet under Kingston with his players. Even last years 12-4 record was deceiving to just how good this team was. Yes we have a lot back but so does everyone else. So just get in the tournament and if we succeed past that and host then that's icing on the cake

Hopefully, you mean NCAA tournament, not the SEC Tournament.😉

Reactions: budman1976
Host a Regional. I think that's a realistic expectation for this year. That puts us in the top 16 teams at season's end. Anything after that will be gravy for this year.

I sure hope you're right, Batgirl. Can't think of anyone on this board who follows the team as closely as you do, so that gives me confidence. Do you think we have the talent to go all the way?

Reactions: SCcocks4ever
I sure hope you're right, Batgirl. Can't think of anyone on this board who follows the team as closely as you do, so that gives me confidence. Do you think we have the talent to go all the way?
One thing you will never see me do is guarantee Omaha. I'll never do it. Far too much can happen in a season. I'll know more about our talent when we actually start playing. Moving Clemson up a weekend is good, and I love the matchup against Texas. I do like what I've seen in the scrimmages, both in the Fall and so far this Spring.

One thing...they are out there scrimmaging right now. Cold, rainy, foggy. Tells me we're doing all we can to get practices in, and to get used to the weather.

Reactions: taiwancock
Pitching will be good but I think we will lack in hitting. That’s what I heard anyways.
I would see that as a huge problem going forward if that's the case. Good pitching would be great but I'd settle for average too. Hitting on the other hand is the one area we need to improve the most because you work on it the most. And if we havent made a lot of progress by now, that would be disappointing to say the least.

I would see that as a huge problem going forward if that's the case. Good pitching would be great but I'd settle for average too. Hitting on the other hand is the one area we need to improve the most because you work on it the most. And if we havent made a lot of progress by now, that would be disappointing to say the least.
From what I've seen in scrimmages, hitting has steadily improved.

From what I've seen in scrimmages, hitting has steadily improved.
Im grinning ear to ear right now. I am pumped to see them in the mancave on Friday nights. I've been regulated to wrestling and bobsleds for too long. lol

Im grinning ear to ear right now. I am pumped to see them in the mancave on Friday nights. I've been regulated to wrestling and bobsleds for too long. lol
There's still some work to do, as there always is. I think hitting can always improve, unless your name is Ken Griffey, Jr. But we seem to be spreading it out fairly nicely between HRs and key base hits.

I'm more than ready to freeze my butt off this weekend!

Reactions: bucketdad
There's still some work to do, as there always is. I think hitting can always improve, unless your name is Ken Griffey, Jr. But we seem to be spreading it out fairly nicely between HRs and key base hits.

Awesome news

It's a never ending job for sure.

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
One thing you will never see me do is guarantee Omaha. I'll never do it. Far too much can happen in a season. I'll know more about our talent when we actually start playing. Moving Clemson up a weekend is good, and I love the matchup against Texas. I do like what I've seen in the scrimmages, both in the Fall and so far this Spring.

One thing...they are out there scrimmaging right now. Cold, rainy, foggy. Tells me we're doing all we can to get practices in, and to get used to the weather.
Kudos to the ground crew. Having field ready with this awful weather we have seen lately!

And before any freaks out about the high score of today's scrimmage and use it to poo-poo our pitching - it is cold, rainy, and very foggy today in Columbia. Arms aren't going to stay warm in this weather, no matter what you try.
I guess that means that the Dayton Flyers should be quite comfortable with the weather this weekend.

If so, the going out in the miserable weather can only benefit the team for the weekend series.

I guess that means that the Dayton Flyers should be quite comfortable with the weather this weekend.

If so, the going out in the miserable weather can only benefit the team for the weekend series.
It's only supposed to be rainy Friday. Sunny and cold Saturday. A little warmer and sunny Sunday.
I'll be there Saturday and Sunday regardless.

Reactions: atl-cock
I was going to head over and stay with my Big in Dacula, or with my cousin in ATL, that weekend. But my cuz and I are going to Tybee 2 weeks after so that plan was squashed.
Enjoy the beach. Hope to make it to Hunting Island this summer.

I usually try to attend one Ga Tech game annually (Russ Chandler Stadium is a 20 minute drive from my Atlanta home), preferably vs Clemron if I can, and decked out in Gamecock attire, of course.

As I was heading to my seat for such a contest a couple of years ago, some Tech fans asked me if I was pulling for the Taters. All I could do was give them a "are you serious" look. If I saw a Tech fan at Founders Park for a USC-UGA game, I would expect them to pull for us.

Last edited:
Reactions: USCBatgirl21
Time for Kingston to show some real improvement. Anything short of hosting a regional will be a disappointment

Time for Kingston to show some real improvement. Anything short of hosting a regional will be a disappointment
There are around 8 -9 SEC teams that can finish in the top 25 with Florida and Vandy picked to be 1 and 3.
Host a Regional. I think that's a realistic expectation for this year. That puts us in the top 16 teams at season's end. Anything after that will be gravy for this year.
There are 8 -9 SECteams that could finish in the top 25 with Florida and Vandy 1 and 3. Read up on the SEC teams with the players they have returned and their recruiting classes. Look at the All american and SEC top 3 allstar teamss. We onlly had 2 or 3 to be listed. We were around 19th in one of the polls.
/

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT