ADVERTISEMENT

USC elects Gen Robert Caslen as 29th President (Official Thread)

Not really I looked up the word "disconnected" and it had a picture of Dabo picking ESPN sideline reporter Jeanine Edwards off the ground after you guys beat LSU. It's listed as one of the top 10 creepiest moments in sports history. It's ranked right after Joe Namath asking a sideline reporter for a kiss.

Really - what browser did you use? I'm not getting the same search results so maybe provide a link to this list? Sounds funny!

Really - what browser did you use? I'm not getting the same search results so maybe provide a link to this list? Sounds funny!

I was just yankin' your chain Tater Tater, but really, you've got a head coach who is strange by anybody's standards. You know it deep down, the guy says stuff like "Bring your own guts" and ya'll run out and buy the t-shirt. Ice cream trucks, pizza for all, I think those things have been done at Clemson.

Reactions: TaterTater
I was just yankin' your chain Tater Tater, but really, you've got a head coach who is strange by anybody's standards. You know it deep down, the guy says stuff like "Bring your own guts" and ya'll run out and buy the t-shirt. Ice cream trucks, pizza for all, I think those things have been done at Clemson.

Yeah, I'd say show me a coach that is successful that isn't strange in their own way? But you are correct, if we are going to go from talking president to football coach, Dabo has pulled the pizza tricks and has all the tweetables. And as long as he keeps bringing championships home, our fan base will continue to buy it all.

Hopefully some ice cream party promises will bring some success you guys way as well.

Reactions: WOFJRP
Kudos to USC brass for having the stones to give a giant middle finger to the whiners. In a day and age when universities instantly capitulate to whatever bizarre and logically indefensible demands are lobbed at them by students and faculty, it's nice to see our board just turn a deaf ear to them.

Problem is, there were plenty of whiners on the BOT and in Governor's House too. We will all pull for the new president, but I believe we all would agree that this was a terrible process.

Last comments on this subject and and I am going to leave this alone. They don’t have to do with Caslen, just the dysfunctional BOT.

I just read where the Charleston Post and Courier reported the BOT approached Darla Moore back in April after the botched attempt with the 4 finalists about becoming USC’s next President. What is the fascination with Darla Moore? Yeah, she gives away some of the billions her late husband made and has done a lot for the small town of Lake City plus have the Business School named after her because of her large donation. But does that make her qualified to be President of USC just because she married money? It appears everyone thinks she is a self made woman when all she did was marry billionaire Frank Rainwater. She would’ve been a disaster as President in my opinion.
They also tried to talk William Hubbard, the gutless wonder, who just said “present” when voting on Caslen. His excuse of not voting because the board took action in April to reopen the search is and was a huge cop out.
If he was so concerned about it, all he had to do was make a motion to rescind the April action to reopen the search and then after an affirmative vote, move forward with the next vote on the President. Being an attorney, he should have known that basic parliamentary procedure and is what the Board should have done before the vote on Caslen.
Many of the BOT members come up for re-election next year. They need to be replaced, especially the ones who have served many terms and treat their seats like they own them and it is their birthright to have them. Their actions/inactions embarrassed and scarred my alma mater which will not be forgotten by many, especially our rivals, for a long time.
Just my opinion. I am sure there are many differing ones which I respect.

Last comments on this subject and and I am going to leave this alone. They don’t have to do with Caslen, just the dysfunctional BOT.

I just read where the Charleston Post and Courier reported the BOT approached Darla Moore back in April after the botched attempt with the 4 finalists about becoming USC’s next President. What is the fascination with Darla Moore? Yeah, she gives away some of the billions her late husband made and has done a lot for the small town of Lake City plus have the Business School named after her because of her large donation. But does that make her qualified to be President of USC just because she married money? It appears everyone thinks she is a self made woman when all she did was marry billionaire Frank Rainwater. She would’ve been a disaster as President in my opinion.
They also tried to talk William Hubbard, the gutless wonder, who just said “present” when voting on Caslen. His excuse of not voting because the board took action in April to reopen the search is and was a huge cop out.
If he was so concerned about it, all he had to do was make a motion to rescind the April action to reopen the search and then after an affirmative vote, move forward with the next vote on the President. Being an attorney, he should have known that basic parliamentary procedure and is what the Board should have done before the vote on Caslen.
Many of the BOT members come up for re-election next year. They need to be replaced, especially the ones who have served many terms and treat their seats like they own them and it is their birthright to have them. Their actions/inactions embarrassed and scarred my alma mater which will not be forgotten by many, especially our rivals, for a long time.
Just my opinion. I am sure there are many differing ones which I respect.

FYI , Moore was a very successful banker and financier before she married Rainwater. She might not have been quite at the tier that her husband was at, but how many of us are? BTW, Rainwater himself had a hand up from the Bass family. Not knocking that. He was actually one of my idols. Just pointing it out.

Reactions: Maurice Minnifield
COLUMBIA -- Former University of South Carolina President Harris Pastides will earn $1.8 million during his first five years of retirement as he works as a consultant and representative for the state’s largest college.

Meanwhile, new USC President Bob Caslen is working on a $650,000-a-year contract with few guarantees. His agreement has no fixed length and he could be let go at any time.

The 65-year-old former West Point superintendent said that he serves “at the will of the board.”

https://www.postandcourier.com/news...cle_1c418e68-b60f-11e9-a589-575ad53eb15e.html

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT