ADVERTISEMENT

USC's statement on Student gate catastrophe

That's what State Government employee's planning looks like. Incompetence at work. This is just stupid. it doesn't take a genius to know this was gong to be a very bad situation. But no one will be held accoutnable so the brain dead will continue to lead.

The same idiots that caused the problem will be the same ones who are to fix it! They will probably be promoted.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I beg your pardon. As a Carolina graduate, I became a state employee for some 25 years. I worked at a well respected agency that provided jobs and investment to this state. I worked with professional level people who were dedicated to the task at hand. While you were enjoying your holiday, I could have been anywhere in the US or some other country meeting with people because they did not have the same holidays that we had. I am happy to compare my accomplishments with you anytime. I also know who would win.

So you must have never been to the local DMV

Could be the same staff from baseball.lol

Event Services like everyone else is begging people to work.
I worked a few events year before last and i am getting emails constantly about events at WB and UNCC and PNC pavilion. Every email shows the number of staffers needed vs filled and its sad.
I do however believe that the University provides staff at the student gates not UES.
Bottom line... no one want to work anymore. They have even upped the pay.

I worked a few events year before last and i am getting emails constantly about events at WB and UNCC and PNC pavilion. Every email shows the number of staffers needed vs filled and its sad.
I do however believe that the University provides staff at the student gates not UES.

Hopefully things will change soon now that the unemployment benefits have expired.

Depends on the work. A friend of mine has been looking for work in the same field he’s been in for 17 years. He’s applied 7 different places and only gotten one interview. He even applied to lower paying jobs than what he’d been working at and hasn’t had any luck.

I honestly can't believe yall are shocked at this. Nothing this University does anymore shocks me. Richest donor at school...sure let's alienate her. Nothing shocks me. We hired Muschamp.
It really is comical to see the Ray Ray fan boys on this board defend him at all costs. I really hope Beamer works out, I would've hired Healy, Napier, or Chadwell over him. No doubt in my mind.

But the idea that this incompetent AD leadership all of a sudden hit a grand slam hire...let's just say there is no data to support that narrative at this time.

Every major men's sport has seen significantly declines over the last several years, yet nothing has changed in the AD's office. We keep doing the same things but expecting different results. That's the definition of insanity.

Back in my day we didnt even have gates. We used to get drunk on moonshine and we had to fight our way past a bunch of cowboys or tunnel underneath the stadium to get in. These fancy ass millenials and there electronic tickets have no idea how good they have it

Back in my day we didnt even have gates. We used to get drunk on moonshine and we had to fight our way past a bunch of cowboys or tunnel underneath the stadium to get in. These fancy ass millenials and there electronic tickets have no idea how good they have it
Back in the day, we would typically drink too much at Tally Ho's and not make it past the rocket before turning around!!!

So I keep seeing this thread but don’t really know what happened.

Was this really a catastrophe? Or just some hyperbole?

So I keep seeing this thread but don’t really know what happened.

Was this really a catastrophe? Or just some hyperbole?
Pushing at the back caused the barrier to fall and a bunch of people fell. The crowd did not step on them but it could have been bad. Look at the video.

Reactions: ToddFlanders
Not bad, relatively speaking, overall, and compared to events across the cosmos. But bad if you were in a pushing mob.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT