ADVERTISEMENT

USNWT

How can anyone enjoy watching a match when an opponent is that poor? It wasn’t even like we were scoring talented goals based on the highlights.

And THIS right here is what is wrong with society these days. That is it right there, folks. That is called "cancel culture". You can't be right-handed or left-handed without someone else these days having to stick it in your face that there's something WRONG WITH YOU for being a living breathing human being. And I bet this poster jumped ALL OVER the liberal left for their perceived "cancel culture".

I blame social media 100000%. Used to be, you wanted to be some petty, lowlife member of the fringe elements of society, you kept it to yourself or live your lives as an outcast. That was a form of cancel culture in itself.

Nowadays, people get thousands of dollars on GoFundMe accounts and thousands of "likes" on their social accounts for rubbing people's noses in it. It's like The Revenge of the Nerds, only instead of the nerds, they are the cancelled.....

Reactions: winloseortie
It's almost funny how any unrelated thing is being called "cancel culture" now. It's replacing "racist" in terms of misused slights.

Everyone has their own opinions about the compensation of the Women’s Soccer Team. However, I just don’t get this disrespect of Women’s sports that is a part of this thread. The male athletes I know have a healthy respect for the work female athletes put in and understand that there would even be moments where the female could make a play on them. I was a pretty good high school basketball player and we always respected what our female team did. For those clowning female athletes, I challenge you to play a female like Zia Cooke. Unless you were a player, I would bet that you wouldn’t score. Her quickness and ball pressure would be too much. So, I always felt that guys clowning female sports were the guys that were in the band or in the student section with their shirt off with a letter painted on their chest.

Everyone has their own opinions about the compensation of the Women’s Soccer Team. However, I just don’t get this disrespect of Women’s sports that is a part of this thread. The male athletes I know have a healthy respect for the work female athletes put in and understand that there would even be moments where the female could make a play on them. I was a pretty good high school basketball player and we always respected what our female team did. For those clowning female athletes, I challenge you to play a female like Zia Cooke. Unless you were a player, I would bet that you wouldn’t score. Her quickness and ball pressure would be too much. So, I always felt that guys clowning female sports were the guys that were in the band or in the student section with their shirt off with a letter painted on their chest.

That's one possibility. It's another that male athletes may respect their female counterparts while scoffing at the idea that they could seriously compete against men.

I think a lot of angst against the women's team comes from the activist crap they have been pulling. Going on TV and complaining about equal pay when they turned down the exact same contract as the men doesn't breed sympathy.

Edit: Bringing up Cooke brings to mind a question. As a dominant female athlete on a dominant female team, would she even make the gamecock male team? Much less make it as a starter?

Last edited:
Reactions: uscwatson21
That's one possibility. It's another that male athletes may respect their female counterparts while scoffing at the idea that they could seriously compete against men.

I think a lot of angst against the women's team comes from the activist crap they have been pulling. Going on TV and complaining about equal pay when they turned down the exact same contract as the men doesn't breed sympathy.

Edit: Bringing up Cooke brings to mind a question. As a dominant female athlete on a dominant female team, would she even make the gamecock male team? Much less make it as a starter?
I don’t like comparing men’s and women’s teams due to the size and strength difference. Cooke may not make the team. However, she is skilled enough to make a coach think about it especially if he wanted to make a point about our men playing poorly. I mention Cooke because I see her as being the female player that would survive the best against men. She could make some plays that would even embarrass our college guys from time to time. She would totally embarrass the average guy at the Y.

I don’t like comparing men’s and women’s teams due to the size and strength difference. Cooke may not make the team. However, she is skilled enough to make a coach think about it especially if he wanted to make a point about our men playing poorly. I mention Cooke because I see her as being the female player that would survive the best against men. She could make some plays that would even embarrass our college guys from time to time. She would totally embarrass the average guy at the Y.

That's kind of the point though. The size, strength and speed difference between men and women. They aren't close. Hence why it rankles some to compare them. (Then throw in the massive difference in interest, and the questionable political stances, and you can see why their might be more reason to argue their place then just being supposed jealous unathletic males.)

Yes, she would embarrass the average guys at the y. How would her male counterpart do against the average girls at the y?

Last edited:
That's kind of the point though. The size, strength and speed difference between men and women. They aren't close.

Yes, she would embarrass the average guys at the y. How would her male counterpart do against the average girls at the y?
Really man? That’s a low comparison. Why even go there. You have to have self-esteem problems when you would even entertain the thought of saying I can’t play sports, but I can beat a girl though. I think the proper comparison is success against your counterparts, whether they be male or female. I think another measure is the popularity of the players. I am not a soccer fan, but I know more of the female players than the men. The females have proven to be more marketable. It’s like with Tennis. Serena was bigger than most of the male players for a long time. So, she got the endorsements and made more than the men, especially the American male players.

Really man? That’s a low comparison. Why even go there. You have to have self-esteem problems when you would even entertain the thought of saying I can’t play sports, but I can beat a girl though.

What? I'm not sure you're responding to the right post with this one. Maybe go back and reread mine again, because I didn't say anything like that.

It's like The Revenge of the Nerds, only instead of the nerds, they are the cancelled.....
As a connoisseur of the greatest movie ever made I am here to point out, in the most non-petty like way possible, it is Revenge of the Nerds, not The Revenge of the Nerds.

220px-Revengeofthenerdsposter.jpg

You were a pretty good high school basketball player and the girls team was just as good as you?

Zia is 5’9. The reality is our women’s basketball team would lose to high school boys teams.

You were a pretty good high school basketball player and the girls team was just as good as you?

Zia is 5’9. The reality is our women’s basketball team would lose to high school boys teams.
I will say women's basketball has come a long way since I was in high school. I went to one of their games. Final score was 16-12.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT