ADVERTISEMENT

Vanderbilt -9.5 over South Carolina

Vandy won, but I don't see the Stackhouse era lasting much longer in Nashville. Maybe Stackhouse is a good coach, I don't know. But this just seemed to be an odd marriage from the beginning. One figured they hired him because of his UNC pedigree and name recognition from playing in thr NBA forever figuring that would be a huge asset in recruiting. But that isn't panning out. Think he would be better off somewhere else. Just an odd cultural fit. Vandy is a pretty button downed school. Then Stackhouse rolls out in his newest outrageous suit. But I will give him this, at least he still had enough respect for his well paid position that he wears a suit. Unlike almost every other coach in the country, who like most in America that used Covid as an excuse to become exceeding lazy at every chance. Most make millions, but look like they are going to the store to pick up groceries.

Vandy won, but I don't see the Stackhouse era lasting much longer in Nashville. Maybe Stackhouse is a good coach, I don't know. But this just seemed to be an odd marriage from the beginning. One figured they hired him because of his UNC pedigree and name recognition from playing in thr NBA forever figuring that would be a huge asset in recruiting. But that isn't panning out. Think he would be better off somewhere else. Just an odd cultural fit. Vandy is a pretty button downed school. Then Stackhouse rolls out in his newest outrageous suit. But I will give him this, at least he still had enough respect for his well paid position that he wears a suit. Unlike almost every other coach in the country, who like most in America that used Covid as an excuse to become exceeding lazy at every chance. Most make millions, but look like they are going to the store to pick up groceries.
Yep I don’t love the casual look. I remember when coaches used to dress up because games were important. It’s a little thing, but it’s my issue.

The bigger issue I see Vandy moving on from Stackhouse is because that place looked less packed than the library. Guess you expect that at Vandy, but they used to turn out some decent basketball crowds. Looked like the type of crowd we get when there’s ice or snow out.

It just isn't a good fit that I can't see working out. Nothing against either party. Vandy is a fine institution. Academically, the best in the SEC. Folks say Stackhouse is as fine of a person as one would want to find. But it just isn't a match. And I have lost some enthusiasm for things because of the state of ball all around. Not just the coaches no longer dressing like professionals, but just like.football, we are going to enter an NBA like era where you are going.to have a few almost pick up all star teams every year that will control everything

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
It just isn't a good fit that I can't see working out. Nothing against either party. Vandy is a fine institution. Academically, the best in the SEC. Folks say Stackhouse is as fine of a person as one would want to find. But it just isn't a match. And I have lost some enthusiasm for things because of the state of ball all around. Not just the coaches no longer dressing like professionals, but just like.football, we are going to enter an NBA like era where you are going.to have a few almost pick up all star teams every year that will control everything
Vandy has a pretty solid basketball tradition. They should be better than the current product.

They used to have a solid tradition. But Stallings let the program.slide and the program hasn't been the same since. And I don't see it changing. In this era where the players get anything they want, Vandy is one of the few schools left where you just don't get in with passing the clearing house and having a heart beat. And most other universities have a crip major for athletes. Years ago at USC it was retail management. Not sure what it is now. At Vandy, players actually have to take real classes. Most don't want to do that. Hard to recruit to that.

It's similar in college football - you think that those sports apparel contracts only award the institution or athletic departments? They also give a ton of money to the head coaches, especially when those head coaches do marketing for them (remember Coach Spurrier's "yeah CLICK CLACK", or when Coach Tanner doing all those advertisements for Easton bats when the Yardcocks used BESR bats (won the 2010 CWS with them in Rosenblatt's last Series), then moved on to Rawlings BBCOR bats to win the 2011 CWS in TD Ameritrade Park (now Charles Schwab Field?):

Sports apparel contracts dish out a sizable portion to the head coach, and you know they would like for those head coaches to be wearing their apparel during games, just like their players wear them. Do you REALLY think head coaches in collegiate and professional sports have moved away from wearing spiffy and luxurious suits because they are lazy?????

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT