ADVERTISEMENT

Vandy advances

tenor.gif
Is that the guide white people hand out to minorities when it suits them? You know "the just comply" stuff.

This. If Vanderbilt wins it should get an asterisk. Vandy's coach managed to lobby for them to test additional NC State players, i.e the vaccinated. I can't imagine how an opposing coach would ever be allowed even to comment on that decision much less assist in making it.
Look, it's smarmy and I get it. But there's a highly successful coach that pulls out all the stops to help his team. He's earning his pay. I'll leave it at that.

Would seem to cheapen the win, IMO.
See, that man has nothing to prove. Hasn't he already won the CWS when Covid wasn't an issue? Hey, this is down and dirty, but he only used the tools he was given. He didn't create them. I think the entire protocol should have been suspended at this stage, just as Mulkey called for at the WBB Final Four. So blame the NCAA. Miss. State could win it and most people will be smiling. Millions of people will be pulling for Miss. State who wouldn't have given a hoot. In a perverse sort of way, that's a good thing.

Reactions: redrogers
I believe the BS is from the CDC not the internet
Forcing a vaccine on a perfectly healthy 20 year old is overreach big time.
Let someone tell me i cant do something without the shot and see how that works out.
The NCAA is worried about lawsuits. if they don't follow their policy and a known positive is allowed to play, it opens the gates for lawsuits. It doesn't matter whether the person is healthy or not. It doesn't matter whether he is vaccinated or not. They have to follow set policy. Policy (as I have read) was not to test vaccinated players--only unvaccinated. Once one unvaccinated player is positive they have to test others. It's the policy--

I worked in healthcare for years. The probability of losing a lawsuit (regardless of right or wrong) is because policy wasn't followed.

Last edited:
The NCAA is worried about lawsuits. if they don't follow their policy and a known positive is allowed to play, it opens the gates for lawsuits. It doesn't matter whether the person is healthy or not. It doesn't matter whether he is vaccinated or not. They have to follow set policy. Policy (as I have read) was not to test vaccinated players--only unvaccinated. Once one unvaccinated player is positive they have to test others. It's the policy--

I worked in healthcare for years. The probability of losing a lawsuit (regardless of right or wrong) is because policy wasn't followed.

Oh no doubt. Its just a stupid policy common sense wise.
If people get sick, tbey get sick. It should be their choice.

Reactions: redrogers

Again, has anyone read where how many "safe" players NC State had available to field a team. If they had 9, I'm willing to bet they would play. The competitive desire would make that happen. Playing would have at least protected the field for level balance of competition. I also worked in healthcare for 18 years and I'm aware of the policy thing mentioned.

Reactions: goboykin
Look, it's smarmy and I get it. But there's a highly successful coach that pulls out all the stops to help his team. He's earning his pay. I'll leave it at that.
Help his team by cheating you mean. Who are you, the coach of the Astros?

According to Aaron Fitt on Twitter the team was tested yesterday and cleared.
He didn't really say that. Note the careful wording. He never says everyone was tested, just that everyone was cleared. There were no positive results among those tested, sure, but nothing from what Fitt says necessarily implies everyone was tested. The only "everyone" statement is everyone is cleared to cleared to play, not that everyone was tested. Maybe they were, maybe they weren't, but Fitt's statement is entirely consistent with a sample of four or five being tested, having no positives and everyone then being cleared to play because no positives showed up in the sample from the few. Fitt's statement on Twitter:

According to
@KrisBudden
on the ESPN broadcast, today was Vanderbilt’s testing day, and there were no positive tests — everyone is cleared for the CWS Finals on Monday.

Help his team by cheating you mean. Who are you, the coach of the Astros?
No cheating involved. In fact, just the opposite. He used his own team's compliance with a protocol to his advantage. I won't be pulling for Vandy because I never have, But he did nothing illicit. The outrage tickles me.

He didn't really say that. Note the careful wording. He never says everyone was tested, just that everyone was cleared. There were no positive results among those tested, sure, but nothing from what Fitt says necessarily implies everyone was tested. The only "everyone" statement is everyone is cleared to cleared to play, not that everyone was tested. Maybe they were, maybe they weren't, but Fitt's statement is entirely consistent with a sample of four or five being tested, having no positives and everyone then being cleared to play because no positives showed up in the sample from the few. Fitt's statement on Twitter:

According to
@KrisBudden
on the ESPN broadcast, today was Vanderbilt’s testing day, and there were no positive tests — everyone is cleared for the CWS Finals on Monday.
"The team was tested." That sounds like everyone to me.

According to
@KrisBudden
I agree with your interpretation.

No cheating involved. In fact, just the opposite. He used his own team's compliance with a protocol to his advantage. I won't be pulling for Vandy because I never have, But he did nothing illicit. The outrage tickles me.
No outrage for me. I am still wanting to know how many players were OK to play another game. 9 or more and I'm sure NC State would roll the dice and see what happens.
Go Bulldogs!

Reactions: caughtlookin
No outrage for me. I am still wanting to know how many players were OK to play another game. 9 or more and I'm sure NC State would roll the dice and see what happens.
Go Bulldogs!
Some people are seething. I hate N.C. State except when they can beat UPC in something meaningful. Still haven't forgiven that boy for missing that short field goal up at UPC that would have derailed their run to a National Championship. His reproductive privileges should have been revoked for that.

The illicit part was conniving to get the other team disqualified by going out side the NCAA protocols. He might as well hide drugs in the other teams buss and call the DEA on them. It had nothing to do with his own teams compliance, it was interfering with the other team that is objectionable. None of his business.

"The team was tested." That sounds like everyone to me.
Well no. The NCAA protocols for "team testing" are that everyone who is not vaccinated will be tested and a selected sample group of the vaccinated will be tested. That is what every team in the WS has undergone. It was only when two nonvaccinated showed up positive on NC State that the Vanderbilt coach lobbied to have the whole NC State team tested. That is when four more showed up. If they followed the usual NCAA protocols only a sample group would be tested when a team is tested. That is what everyone is curious about, how the Vandy coach got them to ignore the usual NCAA protocols and test the entire team, because that isn't what is usually done.

The illicit part was conniving to get the other team disqualified by going out side the NCAA protocols. He might as well hide drugs in the other teams buss and call the DEA on them. It had nothing to do with his own teams compliance, it was interfering with the other team that is objectionable. None of his business.
Now, Brother, that's ridiculous.

Other people are curious too.

Sideline reporter Kris Budden said on the ESPN broadcast of Saturday's game between Texas and Mississippi State that Vanderbilt went through testing on Saturday and all players were cleared.

The team will be tested again Monday, according to Budden.
It is not clear whether all players were tested or only ones who had not received the vaccine.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sp...contest-college-world-series-2021/5361485001/
To me, if all of this is true, the NCAA is only compounding its error.

I believe the BS is from the CDC not the internet
Forcing a vaccine on a perfectly healthy 20 year old is overreach big time.
Let someone tell me i cant do something without the shot and see how that works out.
Apparently your employer can require it and it’s leagal. If you’re retired or self employed or your employer doesn’t require it then good for you.

A jab may also be required to enter a foreign country as well. But if you’ve ever travels then you know that vaccination requirements are a well established norm.

To be fair, Swine Flu killed less than 4,000 people in the US over the course of almost two years. It's not really an apt comparison.

I would expect the NCAA to continue with this through the next year. There is nothing that the NCAA, or any member institution, hates more than bad publicity. And with even an outside possibility that someone in a collegiate sports program (coaches included) dies from Covid, they aren't going to roll those dice.
But most people know it's just the new thing they put as cause of death when they don't know. Because there are no numbers from "finished living". More young people are dying after taking the vaccine than died from covid.

Reactions: Cybercock
He doesn’t have one- that was a bunch of BS from a facebook post on anti-vac pages… This pandemic has outed so many fools and liars among us.
There's a lot of cases of heart inflammation from the vaccine. Of course, the MSM is pushing the vaccine, so they aren't going to report on this stuff. You have to do your own research to find the truth. I don't know if its more, but there's been a lot. Also, see the testimony on Congress of the 12 yr old girl who has been wrecked from the vaccine. Think it was yesterday. Anyway, when they're giving out million dollar sweepstakes for people to take a vaccine, my suspicion rises sharply. If you think these politicians care wherever you live or die you are a fool.

Reactions: Cybercock
There's a lot of cases of heart inflammation from the vaccine. Of course, the MSM is pushing the vaccine, so they aren't going to report on this stuff. You have to do your own research to find the truth. I don't know if its more, but there's been a lot. Also, see the testimony on Congress of the 12 yr old girl who has been wrecked from the vaccine. Think it was yesterday. Anyway, when they're giving out million dollar sweepstakes for people to take a vaccine, my suspicion rises sharply. If you think these politicians care wherever you live or die you are a fool.
Link to the million dollar sweepstakes please

Link to the million dollar sweepstakes please
While I firmly believe in the vaccine and that the adverse side effects are very minimal compared to millions they help, I will say that they are doing million dollar drawing here in Colorado as an incentive to get more people vaccinated. Maybe Ohio too, IIRC?

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
Yes, it has. I wish there was some way to tag them, so they can be identified, some as the fools they are and especially the liars that are politicians.
Well, I think the “politican” tag is enough to tell us someone is a liar! 😂

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT