ADVERTISEMENT

Venables called Out

DeepfriedCock

Jan 30, 2017
The buzz surrounding Clemson's early-season matchup against Texas A&M has escalated thanks to Aggie freshman defensive back Leon O'Neal, who called Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables "a lying a**" on Twitter.
O'Neal was referring to information suggesting that Venables told Class of 2019 five-star linebacker Nakobe Dean that his first play at Clemson could be a blitz should he commit to the Tigers.
O'Neal quote-tweeted and wrote: "He told me the same thing lying a**."

I'm wondering if Venables does blitz on the first play this season if he will apologize...
You’re missing the point. Some players are smart enough to see through the ‘used car ‘ sales pitch. Some aren’t. If you’re going to commit to a school for at least 3yrs, blitzing on the first play should be near the bottom of your priority list

You’re missing the point. Some players are smart enough to see through the ‘used car ‘ sales pitch. Some aren’t. If you’re going to commit to a school for at least 3yrs, blitzing on the first play should be near the bottom of your priority list

didn't lou tell summers he's run the 1st play from scrimmage?

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
The buzz surrounding Clemson's early-season matchup against Texas A&M has escalated thanks to Aggie freshman defensive back Leon O'Neal, who called Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables "a lying a**" on Twitter.
O'Neal was referring to information suggesting that Venables told Class of 2019 five-star linebacker Nakobe Dean that his first play at Clemson could be a blitz should he commit to the Tigers.
O'Neal quote-tweeted and wrote: "He told me the same thing lying a**."
I think we blitz on every down.

100% agree...simply trying to find a justification for being called a liar.

Who was the Clemson freshman running back who was promised by Bowden he would carry the very first play from scrimmage the year they opened with AL in the Ga Dome? I don’t remember his name, but I do remember he got his jock knocked off, and fumbled deep in their own territory on that very first play of the season! Welcome to the SEC buddy boy! It was all down hill after that for Bama. Clem came in ranked #9 I believe, and got spanked big time! It was a pleasure to watch!

Who was the Clemson freshman running back who was promised by Bowden he would carry the very first play from scrimmage the year they opened with AL in the Ga Dome? I don’t remember his name, but I do remember he got his jock knocked off, and fumbled deep in their own territory on that very first play of the season! Welcome to the SEC buddy boy! It was all down hill after that for Bama. Clem came in ranked #9 I believe, and got spanked big time! It was a pleasure to watch!
One Jamie Harper from Florida was the Clemson player. Mount Cody of the Tide met him head on in the 2 Gap and that was THAT! Later in his career RB Harper coughed the ball up in a key situation against the Gamecocks that turned Old Mo to the Cocks! THAT was the beginning of the Five Game Streak against Clemson.

One Jamie Harper from Florida was the Clemson player. Mount Cody of the Tide met him head on in the 2 Gap and that was THAT! Later in his career RB Harper coughed the ball up in a key situation against the Gamecocks that turned Old Mo to the Cocks! THAT was the beginning of the Five Game Streak against Clemson.
Yep, beginning of the end for Bowden when Harper fumbled that carry against Bama in '08. Hard to believe that was ten years ago this season.

Last edited:
didn't lou tell summers he's run the 1st play from scrimmage?

That wouldn't be a problem unless he told several running backs the same thing. I think this kids beef wasn't that he was promising a blitz, he was promising he was the one that was going to be the extra rusher. Problem is, you can have more than 1 extra rushers.

Reactions: Memphis Cock
That wouldn't be a problem unless he told several running backs the same thing. I think this kids beef wasn't that he was promising a blitz, he was promising he was the one that was going to be the extra rusher. Problem is, you can have more than 1 extra rushers.

The O'Neal kid who a 2018 recruit/aTm signee...Dean is a 2019 recruit. You'd think their 1st defensive plays would be at different times. Also, the kid posting the original tweet said nothing about it being the 1st defensive play of the season...just HIS 1st defensive play...which could be any game in 2019 depending on when he gets in on defense. Not sure what the fuss is about by O'Neal other than trying to recruit for aTm.

So he tells this kid if he comes to Clemson he'll run a blitz on the first play.
But the kid goes to TAMU instead. How does this constitute a lie ?
Even if Clemson didn't run a blitz the promise was made to someone who is no longer there.
Seems much ado about nothing

Reactions: Pole and griffgolf
So he tells this kid if he comes to Clemson he'll run a blitz on the first play.
Even if Clemson didn't run a blitz the promise was made to someone who is no longer there.
I think the OP is just stirring up the juices, getting us all ready for football !!:rolleyes::cool:

hey Leon maybe the first play will be a all out blitz, or more then one guy?

I found this video from Clemson's last practice looks like they are practicing blitzing

giphy.gif

So all you have to do is tell these 5 star defensive players that the first play will be a blitz and they will commit? Damn...lets get Muschamp on that

Not that big of a deal here but I like it anytime someone says something bad about Clemson or their coaches. Wishing this kid a prosperous career against everyone but us.

It's really dumb actually. Bottomline guy was slow playing his commit and they offered guy a week later from Midwest somewhere. That guy accepted and BV shut down the DB recruiting so Leon could not commit. So he is throwing shade about something that isn't even relevant since he never committed.

But any negative recruiting news makes from Upstate makes smiles!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT