ADVERTISEMENT

VIDEO: Marshawn Lloyd hits the practice field for the first time

I don't care how early it is, the effort shown in the video above looks soft and weak. Where are our hard-nosed coaches lighting the players up? Coaches used to require 110% effort every time a player touched the field. 9/10 times you play how you practice. If I am a new recruit I would be busting my ass out there while everyone else is half assing it. Surely the coaches would notice, and it would get me playing time.

Look at us, then look at our competition. We won't out-athlete them, our only chance is to outwork them.

Enough of my rant...I just understand that this is big boy football, one step below professional... urgency and effort in practice is important whether it is the first or last practice. This looks like just going through the motions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lakecock1
I don't care how early it is, the effort shown in the video above looks soft and weak. Where are our hard-nosed coaches lighting the players up? Coaches used to require 110% effort every time a player touched the field. 9/10 times you play how you practice. If I am a new recruit I would be busting my ass out there while everyone else is half assing it. Surely the coaches would notice, and it would get me playing time.

Look at us, then look at our competition. We won't out-athlete them, our only chance is to outwork them.

You're going to compare a highly edited promo video to a few candid snippets ...?

Reactions: coolcock2001

Hard to make any conclusions based on a 15 second practice clip without pads.

Enough of my rant...I just understand that this is big boy football, one step below professional... urgency and effort in practice is important whether it is the first or last practice. This looks like just going through the motions.

This is either the funniest or dumbest post of all time.

Have you ever heard of warm-ups? Ever see the start of NFL training camps? They do the exact same kind of thing. No sport starts a practice at full throttle...much less the very first practice. You don't head onto the field for the first practice in full-pads, full-speed, full-contact. And this is only spring ball on top of that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Expro19
Not judging but Lloyd looks small compared to others. And this piece is too small to judge whether he gives effort or not. Could just be a gamer.

Reactions: agantt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT