ADVERTISEMENT

was told by a friend who is usually right that...

Because they have been right so many times...they should go with the opposite and pick Napier
wsbhe.jpg

hahaha on Beamer. He has the most incredible PR guy on planet earth. People will believe anything...lol.

the main two candidates are Beamer and Napier, and that the administration is more comfortable with Beamer at this point.

I know there are more under consideration and wouldn’t put a lot of stock in the Beamer noise. It’s just that.

Reactions: 43cocks
Napier was WR coach when Kiffen was OC at alabama. I think he probably learned a lot. I read a couple of articles at SI articles on Napier and he is modeling his program the same way as Saban

Well, the 107.5 guys seem to really be pushing him for some reason. In his latest shtick, Pearson Fowler has been playing devil's advocate (he says for today, but it's been since the off-season), and asking fans for reasons why we should NOT hire him. Napier, too, ftr.

Well, the 107.5 guys seem to really be pushing him for some reason. In his latest shtick, Pearson Fowler has been playing devil's advocate (he says for today, but it's been since the off-season), and asking fans for reasons why we should NOT hire him. Napier, too, ftr.
Well, according to the Twitter poll they have up, Beamer is the most popular. I'd go Napier-Beamer-Freeze. And I'm not sure Freeze is a real candidate. Ray would have to clear him with Sankey. And the progrum would have to have some oversight to make sure everything stays above board. I don't want that kind of constant scrutiny.

Smh...only Carolina. The hottest coach out there is at Liberty and we probably won't even entertain him. Meanwhile, Auburn or TN will chuckle and make the move setting themselves up nicely for the future. Beamer...smd
He is a whore chaser.....won't play well in living rooms talking to moms and grandmothers...

the main two candidates are Beamer and Napier, and that the administration is more comfortable with Beamer at this point.
I am totally comfortable with- and downright excited about either option... Napier was my first choice but Beamer has grown on me in the past few days! I literally thought it was a joke to consider him at first until I reviewed his resume since leaving here. Fans are clueless for the most part when it comes to this stuff. They cannot analyze beyond a coach’s recent W-L record. You have to take the whole picture into account especially with a guy like Beamer... Name recognition and all that is fine/ whatever that amounts to, AHC experience at two big time programs is solid experience... but the fact he is the only candidate who can say “I KNOW HOW TO WIN AND RECRUIT WELL AT USC” gives him an advantage over everyone in my eyes. Unless we bring back SOS, there is almost nobody we could hire who can really say that... We all saw the changes to our recruiting success (and eventually to our on field success as a result of that drop off) soon after he left. Part of that was dearth of local talent, part was simply that the guys recruiting for us after him were not Beamer!

I am totally comfortable with- and downright excited about either option... Napier was my first choice but Beamer has grown on me in the past few days! I literally thought it was a joke to consider him at first until I reviewed his resume since leaving here. Fans are clueless for the most part when it comes to this stuff. They cannot analyze beyond a coach’s recent W-L record. You have to take the whole picture into account especially with a guy like Beamer... Name recognition and all that is fine/ whatever that amounts to, AHC experience at two big time programs is solid experience... but the fact he is the only candidate who can say “I KNOW HOW TO WIN AND RECRUIT WELL AT USC” gives him an advantage over everyone in my eyes. Unless we bring back SOS, there is almost nobody we could hire who can really say that... We all saw the changes to our recruiting success (and eventually to our on field success as a result of that drop off) soon after he left. Part of that was dearth of local talent, part was simply that the guys recruiting for us after him were not Beamer!
I still have Napier #1. Too much to like about him and what he has accomplished thus far.

I still have Napier #1. Too much to like about him and what he has accomplished thus far.
Yeah, he clearly makes the most sense. I have made a complete 180 on Beamer though... I am probably mostly curious to see what he can do if given a shot which is a risky reason to hire a guy, but fortunately for us all I am not the AD!!

Reactions: rogue cock
Yeah, he clearly makes the most sense. I have made a complete 180 on Beamer though... I am probably mostly curious to see what he can do if given a shot which is a risky reason to hire a guy, but fortunately for us all I am not the AD!!
Same here.....I would not want this decision. Can't make everyone happy....even if you land UM.

Reactions: GarnetCarolina
... We all saw the changes to our recruiting success (and eventually to our on field success as a result of that drop off) soon after he left. Part of that was dearth of local talent, part was simply that the guys recruiting for us after him were not Beamer!

True and part of that was Steve Freakin' Junior became Recruiting Coordinator and he doesn't like to even talk to people on the phone.

The only thing Beamer has going for him is his last name. We have had many position coaches come through this university. They know the school, its history and culture, just as well, if not better, than Beamer does. When Beamer was here, I recall him helping Ray Rychleski with Special Teams. Rychleski had never had a punt blocked. That year that Beamer helped Rychleski, Clemson blocked one of our punts. Laughing Maybe it was just a coincidence, How many sons of famous Head Coaches have gone on to have great coaching careers? I can't think of one. Neither Skip Holtz nor the Bowden brothers will ever make it to the Hall of Fame, except as tourists.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
True and part of that was Steve Freakin' Junior became Recruiting Coordinator and he doesn't like to even talk to people on the phone.
LMAO- exactly! I loved Jr as a WR coach- he literally could turn just about anyone who could run into a pass catching, crisp route running MACHINE! As recruiting coordinator... Mehh not so much!

Reactions: NetworkX
I Like Beamer but if he is the hire I’m done . I’ll become an Ole Miss fan , at least they’re entertaining . To quote Doc Holiday “My hypocrisy only goes so far”
You don't mean that. Come on. I'm a Gamecock until I'm six feet under toes turned up. I want a great coach hire. But if they tore up his pink slip and rehired Muschamp, I'd still bleed garnet. Of course, I'd be pretty depressed and on suicide watch as well.

Well, according to the Twitter poll they have up, Beamer is the most popular. I'd go Napier-Beamer-Freeze. And I'm not sure Freeze is a real candidate. Ray would have to clear him with Sankey. And the progrum would have to have some oversight to make sure everything stays above board. I don't want that kind of constant scrutiny.
Because we all know how much the NCAA is just waiting for us to really screw up so they can throw the book at us.

Help me out with Napier's accomplishments. What is his biggest accomplishment as a Head Coach?

Help me out with Napier's accomplishments. What is his biggest accomplishment as a Head Coach?
read this thread.

LMAO- exactly! I loved Jr as a WR coach- he literally could turn just about anyone who could run into a pass catching, crisp route running MACHINE! As recruiting coordinator... Mehh not so much!
Yep. We never had the "dropsies" when he coached receivers. We've had them ever since though.

Reactions: Gamecock Lifer
11-3 last year, I think he beat one ranked team. His offenses have broken multiple ULL records.

Only negatives there- He has not won the conference and has not beaten App St.

Prior to his Hc stint- he was fired by Dabo which gives them a clear leverage point over him as long as he recruits against cu.

What would Pearson Phowler, a kid in his 20s who never played football, know about hiring a football coach? He was in high school when Beamer was in Columbia.

Been said Beamer has friends in the media that are campaigning hard for him

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT