ADVERTISEMENT

was told by a friend who is usually right that...

Smh...only Carolina. The hottest coach out there is at Liberty and we probably won't even entertain him. Meanwhile, Auburn or TN will chuckle and make the move setting themselves up nicely for the future. Beamer...smd
Setting themselves up for a lengthy probation, maybe.

We might as well face the facts. There are a number of choices, it is just that NONE of them are great. It's looking more and more like we made a $13 million timing mistake.

I Like Beamer but if he is the hire I’m done . I’ll become an Ole Miss fan , at least they’re entertaining . To quote Doc Holiday “My hypocrisy only goes so far”
AGREE. 40+ year season ticket holder. If it's Beamer, I'm out. Have invested too much time, money and emotion to live on the Groundhog Day set.

AGREE. 40+ year season ticket holder. If it's Beamer, I'm out. Have invested too much time, money and emotion to live on the Groundhog Day set.
Your lack if vision is disturbing... If you would give up on 40 years of fandom because we tried a hire that is a little out if the norm and took a flier on a hot up and comer then I don’t count you as much of a fan anyway. Sure, hiring Beamer could backfire! It could also turn out to be the best hire we ever made. There is no way to know. The same could be said of all of these candidates.

I'd be disappointed because I think there is a better candidate in Napier that is well within our wheelhouse, but I've invested too much and, frankly, have too much fun to quit. I've been a season ticket holder for the past 20 years since I returned home from Ohio.

Ok, well... You’re wrong. He has 20 years of coaching experience and is directly involved in the most prolific offense in the big 12. He coaches H-backs there today and implementation of that position in their offense is one of the biggest changes Riley made when he took over. He is an offensive minded coach who has also coached D and STs, so be knows all three facets of the game and he is a world class recruiter and evaluator of talent. He is more than qualified to be considered for a HC position. Whether he called plays or not is truly irrelevant as 99% of HCs let their OC do that.
He coaches positions on offense. He's also coached linebackers and defensive backs.

If they hire him then so be it. But let's not fool ourselves into thinking he fits the criteria that Tanner established Monday.

I'd be disappointed because I think there is a better candidate in Napier that is well within our wheelhouse, but I've invested too much and, frankly, have too much fun to quit. I've been a season ticket holder for the past 20 years since I returned home from Ohio.

Between the two of them I think Napier is the more accomplished. But if they pick Beamer and he brings in a great staff then I'm good with it.

I have heard twice today that Neal Brown of WVU is someone they will likely interview. He was about where Napier and Chadwell are now a couple of years ago. (Successful at Troy State)

Last edited:
Reactions: rogue cock
Smh...only Carolina. The hottest coach out there is at Liberty and we probably won't even entertain him. Meanwhile, Auburn or TN will chuckle and make the move setting themselves up nicely for the future. Beamer...smd
Hugh Freeze stories emerge from former female students at Briarcrest Christian

Does this headline from a USA Today story not bother any of you Freeze advocates? The gist of the story involves some pretty sick accusations. Not saying they are true but for him to put himself in any type situation such as these speaks to a lack of judgement on his part which is in and of itself troubling.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT