ADVERTISEMENT

Was watching the Duke game again and..

aj&uscgrad

Jul 16, 2000
Realized I overlooked the contribution that Keita made in the first half. He played more minutes than I realized and played really good defense, got a couple of rebounds and was fighting all of the time inside making nothing easy for Duke.

Reactions: chick75 and vacock#
Good point. If we didn't notice that he was there, that probably meant that he did a reasonable job. Good timing because we need a lot of our players to contribute.

Some of those guys were in there to physically punish Duke, even if it meant drawing some fouls. We could afford for some people to sacrifice themselves in order to pound on Duke. The strategy worked. Duke got knocked out physically.

Gotta love how our guys physically punished the pudgy white dudes for Duke! Was pretty funny.

I thought the same. Couldn't understand why he didn't get the T for complaining so much to the refs.

Then I saw this interview with him from before our game. Well spoken and obviously has a TON of respect for Thornwell and our team.

Keita looks like an athlete,walks like one but when the ball touches his hand he is useless---I hope it is just freshman nerves but his shot is possibly the worst I have ever witnessed ----makes Lakeem Jackson look like an All-American!!!

He's got a ways to go but he has a big upside. I read where he grew something like 7 or 8 inches his last couple of years in H.S.. Because of that, he had to learn to play post. He had been a guard his whole life.. Hopefully, Coach FM will develop him. He really could end up being a freakish talent.

Some of those guys were in there to physically punish Duke, even if it meant drawing some fouls. We could afford for some people to sacrifice themselves in order to pound on Duke. The strategy worked. Duke got knocked out physically.
It was part of the gameplan. They basically only had a 7-man rotation. Make them work for every scrap and wear them down. We used to do that in football, too.

Keita looks like an athlete,walks like one but when the ball touches his hand he is useless---I hope it is just freshman nerves but his shot is possibly the worst I have ever witnessed ----makes Lakeem Jackson look like an All-American!!!

I couldn't have said this better, myself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT