ADVERTISEMENT

Watch ESPN question

Gococksman

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Aug 29, 2001
South Carolina
Is it just me or is anyone else having a problem with the SEC+ network freezing up while watching the baseball game? It's done it a lot to me over the last few games. I have cable and a 60 connection speed.

I have had a problem with the streaming from the last 3 games. When they go to hit, a reboot and then another. It may be Founders problems.

Sometimes I get the dreaded "circle" and other times it just skips a few seconds. The audio is usually scratchy too. Gotta be from the park's feed. I don't have issues with any other streaming.

Hartin has said, over the last three years, how much better the seeyou broadcast is. This man ran a couple of sportsbars in Charleston.

Yes, at first I thought it was my wifi, had comporium come out and check, they gave me a faster router....turns out there is something going on with the watchespn app. Its so frustrating.

I found that if I just wack the side of the TV set it will straighten out...

Who here is old enough to remember when that actually worked???

And yes, mine has been freezing too. I made the kids stop streaming videos, and that didn't help either. At least I'm not the only one.

I found that if I just wack the side of the TV set it will straighten out...

Who here is old enough to remember when that actually worked???

And yes, mine has been freezing too. I made the kids stop streaming videos, and that didn't help either. At least I'm not the only one.
I remember my grandfather had this can with a straw nozzle like WD-40. It was called TV Tuner. He would spray the TV dials and the reception got better.

Same problem here. Actually, noticed it right after they redesigned the WatchESPN look about 10 days ago. And I've seen this problem on my desktop computer, my laptop and my phone. And I've attempted to watch it on my phone in multiple locations. Finally, I don't have any problems with my DISH app on my phone so it's not the wifi or the phone. It's the WatchESPN app. I got so frustrated one night I just turned on the radio broadcast. ESPN sucks.

Reactions: feartheplume
You may not have noticed since you are watching one thing (the game) and listening to another (the play-by-play) but, the sound is usually not synced up with the picture.

Batter's in the box ... swings ... starts running up the baseline ...PING!!!
It's off by a good amount too.

Thought it was my country wifi...misery loves company so thanks!
A rural friend of mine was telling me the same story this morning. He said last night's game kept locking up on him. So if it's rural, it's widespread - but it isn't only rural. There's a systemic problem somewhere.

Well I can't even pull up my watch espn on tv now , called direct tv , the guy doesn't even know about watch espn. They hire some idiots to work for them.

Ever since they switched to the new player every time I try to watch a game it freezes constantly and I get the little spinning circle as it reloads. This happens way too many times to count.

And it happens on every device and browser I have tried. Makes it about pointless to try and watch a game.

Reactions: feartheplume
I have a Roku and it is doing the same thing. "Loading" multiple times per game for extended periods of time. Another good post from Pepsi. Thanks lol!

im pissed bc the direct tv person had no idea what watchespn is, he thought I just wanted to watch espn

I watch away games on the WatchESPN app using Amazon Fire ( slightly more expensive than the Amazon Firestick but it supports 4K). My 'Smart' Samsung TV doesn't have the WatchESPN app and mirroring my phone on the TV yielded a crappy picture.
If you go into your online router settings you may have the ability to instruct it to preferentially support one device over another, e.g. the TV over the tablets, wireless printers, smart watches, etc. that compete for bandwidth. My Linksys router does have that feature. Also, rebooting the router may help if it seems slower than usual.

Well I can't even pull up my watch espn on tv now , called direct tv , the guy doesn't even know about watch espn. They hire some idiots to work for them.
Kinda sounds like a problem with your genie. Have you tried hitting the app while on a different ESPN channel? If I'm hitting it from the mother channel, connection seems slow and blurring out every few seconds most of the time. But if I'm connecting from ESPN News, SEC Net or something like that, it appears clear just about all the time. With that said, don't know if it's just a coincidence or what, but that's how it works best for me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT