ADVERTISEMENT

WBB loses in OT

I see Herbert Harrigan on played 5 minutes. She's been a big disappointment so far this season. She really needed to step up and it hasn't happen.

This team is pretty darn good when Jennings is in there, but she can only play about 20 minutes a game (it appears).

We really need some more bigs to give us quality minutes, and we only have so many options.

Transition year. Nothing more, nothing less. All great teams go through it. Even might UConn has been through it before.

Agreed. And I still think this can be a pretty decent team by the end of the season. Coach Staley will measure the success of this team by how well they do in the NCAA tournament. Not how well they did in the Vancouver Showcase.

I see Herbert Harrigan on played 5 minutes. She's been a big disappointment so far this season. She really needed to step up and it hasn't happen.

This team is pretty darn good when Jennings is in there, but she can only play about 20 minutes a game (it appears).

We really need some more bigs to give us quality minutes, and we only have so many options.

One positive is Tea Cooper had a monster game, She is stepping up. Just tough to find her any consistent help.

We played Drake in the Sweet Sixteen in 2002; they have a very good program. We still should have beaten them, but it isn't a "bad" loss. This team will get much better over the course of the season. It takes time to mold so many newcomers and players with new roles into a cohesive team.

Speaking of Drake, who remembers the Drake Duck-in Restaurant which was at Taylor and Millwood I believe?

I've lived in Columbia for 46 years and knew they were there, but don't remember it. They've been on Main Street for many years. Darn good chicken sandwich.

Reactions: king ward
I've lived in Columbia for 46 years and knew they were there, but don't remember it. They've been on Main Street for many years. Darn good chicken sandwich.

Speaking of Drake, who remembers the Drake Duck-in Restaurant which was at Taylor and Millwood I believe?

When I was working at J.C. Penny's on Main back in '69, I had lunch there more than once. I also remember the Drive-in just before where Taylor meets Two Notch - probably the one Cybercock was referring to. I remember my family eating there when I was a kid.

Last edited:
To freakin Drake.
We have some major improving to do.
Yes, we are in transition and will become elite again based solely on shear talent, but I'm afraid it will take Dawn longer to fix her team because her teams have a history of multiple shooting droughts (3+ mins) and beingaverage at the free throw line.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT