ADVERTISEMENT

WBB...that is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t take the scholarship money. That’d show em.

How much does dawn make a year? She was made a millionaire by my alma mater. I guarantee you she did it by talent and hard work. In this country you do get rewarded for that. She can spare me this charade. If they are going to show that disrespect to all of us like that then the coach should go if this continues. Tanner must be nutless.

Don’t take the scholarship money. That’d show em.

How much does dawn make a year? She was made a millionaire by my alma mater. I guarantee you she did it by talent and hard work. In this country you do get rewarded for that. She can spare me this charade. If they are going to show that disrespect to all of us like that then the coach should go if this continues. Tanner must be nutless.

“All of us”?? Not all of us feel the way you do . Many don’t . You have a right to your beliefs and they have a right to theirs . If you don’t like it don’t go to games or support it . Some will choose to and some will choose not . That’s America my friend . I can tell you right now with 100% certainty that a national champion , gold medalist and only coach at this university that is not an utter failure isn’t going anywhere unless she chooses too .

If you think they are thumbing their nose at the United States, you are one ignorant idiot, that’s for sure. Clearly you’ve learned nothing in the last year or two (at least). You’d be smart and read up a bit more on what Dawn has spoken about.
What would you say is accomplished by refusing to follow and observe a respectful and conventional standard of conduct in the society in which they live, in this case refusing to stand for our national anthem?

If you think they are thumbing their nose at the United States, you are one ignorant idiot, that’s for sure. Clearly you’ve learned nothing in the last year or two (at least). You’d be smart and read up a bit more on what Dawn has spoken about.
Insulting people isn't going to get you anywhere. They are thumbing their nose at the US, but I'd be more than willing to hear what they have to say. Maybe you can help me understand.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Dawn IS a prime example of the American Dream. Yet, spits in the face of the country that allowed her hard work and talent to be wildly successful. No other country in the world provides her a better opportunity. I’ve already pulled back from usc sports. I can’t imagine this will be popular for fundraising Go for it Mao.

When did this happen??????? Has it been going on????? Totally unaware, and am less than happy, to say the least, about it....

Reactions: cockofdawn
And therein lies the problem. “They”, the young people in particular but ALL the people you “got to vote”, voted not from knowledge but from pressure and enticement. They voted the way YOU and your side WANTED them to vote, for YOUR reasons, not theirs. Mainstream America was leveraged. Congratulations.
That is a bold assumption to make.

I am not renewing my 43 years of Gamecock Club membership due to the ladies not standing for the national anthem. If they want to protest, that is their right, but not representing The University of South Carolina. I am dissapointed that Dawn let this happen, and Tanner did nothing to Dawn or the players. I would rather the team finish last in the SEC, then to act like this toward our country. It's a slap in the face to a vast majority of our fan;s. Send Dawn back to Philadelphia!!!
Byeeeeee. Can’t pick and choose with freedom of speech - go cocks and go America

Reactions: ShannonL
Just because you don’t agree, it doesn’t mean we are all wrong. Perhaps you’re the one who is missing the reality of our situation. I do have a degree from USC, but what really makes me feel ashamed is those “fans” who simply turn a blind eye and/or accept failure. And unfortunately many of those folks also have degrees from USC.
But these posts aren’t about accepting failure (see the other threads about that and see the admin finally firing muschamp to show that they don’t accept a culture of failure), this is about our “fans” not supporting freedom of speech and our fans and coaches standing up against systemic injustices.

Literally every recent modern election.
Not to the degree and effort put forth by the Democratic Party this election, and you know it; which also begs the question “why.” Your statement is like saying computers were common in the eighties.

What would you say is accomplished by refusing to follow and observe a respectful and conventional standard of conduct in the society in which they live, in this case refusing to stand for our national anthem?
“Refusing to follow and observe a respectful and conventional standard of conduct” is very subjective. Try again.

Not to the degree and effort put forth by the Democratic Party this election, and you know it; which also begs the question “why.” Your statement is like saying computers were common in the eighties.
You said when has there ever been mail in voting and when have people voted in advance? You never said “to this degree” or “or with this frequency”. My answer was correct, but it is also true that it has never been done in such a level as it was in this election. Don’t try to change your answer after you turn in the test.

But these posts aren’t about accepting failure (see the other threads about that and see the admin finally firing muschamp to show that they don’t accept a culture of failure), this is about our “fans” not supporting freedom of speech and our fans and coaches standing up against systemic injustices.
Got it - well, your response to my initial post was incorrect then because I’m not addressing that issue. Unfortunately, I started my post with a different intent, but it got hijacked into this ridiculousness...

So you recognize the potential for mistakes and irregularities in the process?
God I wanted to be done with this.
My last comment acknowledged that even though your original comment was “when has there ever been early and/or mail in voting before” (answer, most recent/modern elections), you later tried to change what you said to “yeah but not to this degree”, which is absolutely true (this is unprecedented), which I again acknowledged despite it being different from your original statement. Now you are asking a completely different question - so my prior answers and comments have no basis on how I would answer your NEW question.

Now to shock you -
I agree, 100% that mail in and early voting has the potential for fraud and mishandling. Do I think it cost Trump the election? No, but I don’t have an issue with him using his own and legally donated private funds to investigate it, as long as everything is done within the constraints of the law. I voted for him the first time and did not vote for him this time, but I see the positives that he was able to achieve - I just can’t, personally, see past the character issues and how divided his presidency has made our country. I wouldn’t cry in the streets or riot if he had won, I’m actually somewhat indifferent. I voted for him the first time, in a place where my vote didn’t matter, because I couldn’t stand Hilary. I voted against him, this time, in a place where my vote didn’t make a difference, because I think it was the best choice for our country (not great options or possibilities, IMO), right now.

Dawn is an incredible leader, Christian (not a fake one like a certain orange man in the upstate), and ambassador for my alma mater. She is without argument, the most successful representative of our athletic department in the last decade. I believe there are injustices in this country that many of you may be blind to (possibly by no fault of your own), and I support her and the players fighting these in support of one of the most marginalized of communities in the US in modern times - black women. I’m not about to call Dawn or the players losers or say that they are “spitting in the face” of anything, when they are using their constitutional freedoms to speak their truth. Would I kneel or sit for the flag? No, but that has nothing to do with this.

I think we are lucky to have Dawn and this team.
go Gamecocks

God I wanted to be done with this.
My last comment acknowledged that even though your original comment was “when has there ever been early and/or mail in voting before” (answer, most recent/modern elections), you later tried to change what you said to “yeah but not to this degree”, which is absolutely true (this is unprecedented), which I again acknowledged despite it being different from your original statement. Now you are asking a completely different question - so my prior answers and comments have no basis on how I would answer your NEW question.

Now to shock you -
I agree, 100% that mail in and early voting has the potential for fraud and mishandling. Do I think it cost Trump the election? No, but I don’t have an issue with him using his own and legally donated private funds to investigate it, as long as everything is done within the constraints of the law. I voted for him the first time and did not vote for him this time, but I see the positives that he was able to achieve - I just can’t, personally, see past the character issues and how divided his presidency has made our country. I wouldn’t cry in the streets or riot if he had won, I’m actually somewhat indifferent. I voted for him the first time, in a place where my vote didn’t matter, because I couldn’t stand Hilary. I voted against him, this time, in a place where my vote didn’t make a difference, because I think it was the best choice for our country (not great options or possibilities, IMO), right now.

Dawn is an incredible leader, Christian (not a fake one like a certain orange man in the upstate), and ambassador for my alma mater. She is without argument, the most successful representative of our athletic department in the last decade. I believe there are injustices in this country that many of you may be blind to (possibly by no fault of your own), and I support her and the players fighting these in support of one of the most marginalized of communities in the US in modern times - black women. I’m not about to call Dawn or the players losers or say that they are “spitting in the face” of anything, when they are using their constitutional freedoms to speak their truth. Would I kneel or sit for the flag? No, but that has nothing to do with this.

I think we are lucky to have Dawn and this team.
go Gamecocks
Nobody asked for a dissertation. Thank you for your clarification. Now maybe ease up on your insults towards other posters. As far as success as a coach at USC, she’s still second to her boss, Ray Tanner.

Many ways to voice your displeasure with whatever gripes one may have. But this isn't the way.

Reactions: Cybercock
Insulting people isn't going to get you anywhere. They are thumbing their nose at the US, but I'd be more than willing to hear what they have to say. Maybe you can help me understand.

You keep asking and there is never a definitive answer. Kind of tells you something about this entire situation doesn't it?

You can only hurl insults at people that Love and respect America!! Not the other way around, never state your view if it is Anti Liberal or you wil be VICIOUSLY attacked, Where you been since 2008??

I am not renewing my 43 years of Gamecock Club membership due to the ladies not standing for the national anthem. If they want to protest, that is their right, but not representing The University of South Carolina. I am dissapointed that Dawn let this happen, and Tanner did nothing to Dawn or the players. I would rather the team finish last in the SEC, then to act like this toward our country. It's a slap in the face to a vast majority of our fan;s. Send Dawn back to Philadelphia!!!

that is the best not way to get their attention. Have to have more of this. There are things more important than women’s basketball and woke wannabe martyrs with a coach that thinks she is bigger than the institution. This is reason #1 for #notadime not muschamp. Tanner and caslen, do your jobs.

that is the best not way to get their attention. Have to have more of this. There are things more important than women’s basketball and woke wannabe martyrs with a coach that thinks she is bigger than the institution. This is reason #1 for #notadime not muschamp. Tanner and caslen, do your jobs.
28142-cc_GodBlessAmerica_1100.jpg

I don’t think anyone would object to them sharing their views in any venue except when representing our university. Go out and protest, march, take out newspaper ads, write op-Ed pieces. When you put on that uni, you represent the U, the grads, the fans and the state. Their message was designed to show unity but as this thread testifies, it has had the opposite effect, where we are reduced to calling each other names. In other words, their actions have create division.

In effect, they are employees of the University because they trade labor (playing bb) for a value (education, room and board, ) most of our employers would not look kindly on activism at work. Starbucks would but most would not. I support their right to free speech on their time but not while representing the university during a game.

Your opinion may not be the same. That’s ok. Let’s just disagree amicably

I could care less about women's basketball in normal times. But since Dawn has decided to be a BLM torch bearer, and is fine with letting the team disrespect the national anthem, I not only don't care, they have become an embarrassment to the university. Ray could score some points with the masses he sorely needs if he would put a stop to this foolishness.
Dawn and her squad is the furthest thing from an embarrassment to this community. Whiny hypocritical boomer fans clutching their pearls is definitely the most embarassing.

Why are some of you so caught up in the concept of standing for a song? How on earth is sitting as a form of protest spitting in the face of this country? Some of y'all have woven patriotism too far into your personalities and it's dangerous and kind of embarassing. How does their decision to sit have an effect on any of us? Will the world end if they never stand for it again? Will basketball be canceled? No. Life will move on. Bunch of grown adults crying over a song.

Dawn and her squad is the furthest thing from an embarrassment to this community. Whiny hypocritical boomer fans clutching their pearls is definitely the most embarassing.
Why are some of you so caught up in the concept of standing for a song? How on earth is sitting as a form of protest spitting in the face of this country? Some of y'all have woven patriotism too far into your personalities and it's dangerous and kind of embarassing. How does their decision to sit have an effect on any of us? Will the world end if they never stand for it again? Will basketball be canceled? No. Life will move on. Bunch of grown adults crying over a song.
Still too many of us who hid under desks in air raid drills, crawled in the jungles of Viet Nam not knowing who was who, watched Iran chanting death to America while holding our citizens hostage, saw the horror and cowardice of 9-11 and Isis, and whose family members did not return from the Persian Gulf to give a shite what pukes like the both of you and entitled, self-centered athletes think about the honor, pride, and love we feel for our country to look the other way at intentional disrespect. Go listen to your Young Thug in your Beats and play Pokémon.

I don’t think anyone would object to them sharing their views in any venue except when representing our university. Go out and protest, march, take out newspaper ads, write op-Ed pieces. When you put on that uni, you represent the U, the grads, the fans and the state. Their message was designed to show unity but as this thread testifies, it has had the opposite effect, where we are reduced to calling each other names. In other words, their actions have create division.

In effect, they are employees of the University because they trade labor (playing bb) for a value (education, room and board, ) most of our employers would not look kindly on activism at work. Starbucks would but most would not. I support their right to free speech on their time but not while representing the university during a game.

Your opi
Still too many of us who hid under desks in air raid drills, crawled in the jungles of Viet Nam not knowing who was who, watched Iran chanting death to America while holding our citizens hostage, saw the horror and cowardice of 9-11 and Isis, and whose family members did not return from the Persian Gulf to give a shite what pukes like the both of you and entitled, self-centered athletes think about the honor, pride, and love we feel for our country to look the other way at intentional disrespect. Go listen to your Young Thug in your Beats and play Pokémon.
I saw those things as well. But I am also smart enough to know that loving your country and wanting it to be better than it is are not mutually exclusive.

It's not real patriotism. People were sitting while it played for years and no one batted an eye, but once a black man did it..... Well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT