ADVERTISEMENT

WBB

Two pathetic 4th quarters in 2 days. How do you not guard their hottest player and how can you become so inept on offense all of a sudden?

We got what we deserved today. Looked like deer in the headlights as a team. Hopefully they learn from it.

This team has been asking to drop a game for the past couple weeks. They have been atrocious when faced with full court pressure. I would rather drop this game now than in a couple weeks. Henderson and Cooke have to be better. They are making 8th grade lob passes over the bigs heads. I would prefer them to try to split the trap and force the refs to make a call than throw uncatchable passes.

Two pathetic 4th quarters in 2 days. How do you not guard their hottest player and how can you become so inept on offense all of a sudden?

We got what we deserved today. Looked like deer in the headlights as a team. Hopefully they learn from it.
Two consecutive 7-point 4th qtrs. Why take your foot off the gas pedal? Why stop attacking. How does Zia miss two straight FTs with the game on the line. Poor play/ poor coaching.

I think the lack of discipline talk is a little overboard for a team that will probably be the #1 overall seed anyway. I think a better word is slippage and sometimes a loss like this is the best way to get it under control. You saw the signs of an impending loss yesterday.

Reactions: FCB 2013 treble
I think the lack of discipline talk is a little overboard for a team that will probably be the #1 overall seed anyway. I think a better word is slippage and sometimes a loss like this is the best way to get it under control. You saw the signs of an impending loss yesterday.
I’ve been seeing it all year. They lose focus and intensity in the fourth qtr. they’ve done it all year.

I’ve been seeing it all year. They lose focus and intensity in the fourth qtr. they’ve done it all year.
I see it more as our guards are not aggressive enough in breaking pressure and getting us into good offense. They are smaller and they try to break pressure like they can’t handle the ball. They continuously try to make that post pass to the center of the court only to throw it over the bigs head or get it intercepted. I know that is the textbook way to beat that 2-1-2 pressure. However, it’s never smart to continuously do the same thing with poor results. Destanni is usually the fastest girl on the court. Try to split that trap sometimes and get us into some offense. Teams have found a weakness and now we have to respond.

Last edited:
All we have is wbb. We pay our coach the most in the league.....and this happens. After losing every mens sport to the college upstate. Awesome. Can we give Ray an extension.

Reactions: cockofdawn
All we have is wbb. We pay our coach the most in the league.....and this happens. After losing every mens sport to the college upstate. Awesome. Can we give Ray an extension.
It happens to every high level program in any sport. We still have won 6 of 8 SEC tournament championships. We were due for a let down. It seems like we could win ‘Em all, but they are human too and were due for a let down.

This loss is a good time tk get the team focus of the main goal of winning a national title.

From what I’ve seen with this team - Bre Beal is an offensive liability.. it’s five guarding 4 and that’s not good - Rivers seems to be much better but what do I know I’ve only watch about four of their games. I do pull for them though.

Outcoached.
Can’t blame this totally on coaching. We have experienced guards. They have to be better. You shouldn’t have to tell your Senior point guard to split a trap once in awhile.

It happens to every high level program in any sport. We still have won 6 of 8 SEC tournament championships. We were due for a let down. It seems like we could win ‘Em all, but they are human too and were due for a let down.
Yeah but we put that much money in a sport that loses money...with very little to show. Our mens sports are shit and get wrecked by the team up north. Ray has got to go.

Yeah but we put that much money in a sport that loses money...with very little to show. Our mens sports are shit and get wrecked by the team up north. Ray has got to go.
Very little to show? What are you talking about? A National Championship, An undefeated season and Unanimous #1 ranking in the Covid year, 6 SEC tournament championships in 8 years. Very few programs in any sport have been as successful in the last decade. Further, a National Championship is still in View this year. You are acting like the season is ruined. This is a bump in the road, but Kentucky needed this game much more than we did and I am happy for them. Sucks to lose, but winning them all is just not realistic. We have lost two games by a total of 3 points this year. Not a reason to be fretting right now.

At least one sport where I could care less whether USC wins, or loses. Haven't watched a minute of WBB all year, and have zero plans to. No stress at all.

A
Very little to show? What are you talking about? A National Championship, An undefeated season and Unanimous #1 ranking in the Covid year, 6 SEC tournament championships in 8 years. Very few programs in any sport have been as successful in the last decade. Further, a National Championship is still in View this year. You are acting like the season is ruined. This is a bump in the road, but Kentucky needed this game much more than we did and I am happy for them. Sucks to lose, but winning them all is just not realistic. We have lost two games by a total of 3 points this year. Not a reason to be fretting right now.
And according to Charlie Creme we're still #1 team overall in the tournament. At this point in women's basketball we are 2nd biggest name in the sport only behind UConn and we have drawn the biggest audiences both in person and on television.

The team will still be the #1 overall seed in the tourney. Their resume is just too good.

Beat 11 ranked teams.....I would love the 2022 SEC trophy. But we got one last year. We did not get the NCCA.

He deserves an extension, but not of the contractual type. Man! I am so sick of the mess Tanner has gotten us into since he pushed his way into the AD's office. Why didn't Pastidis tell him to get his ass back out on the baseball field and forget about an easy job and comfy state pension?

A

And according to Charlie Creme we're still #1 team overall in the tournament. At this point in women's basketball we are 2nd biggest name in the sport only behind UConn and we have drawn the biggest audiences both in person and on television.
I figured that. You just don’t take away wins over 10 Top 25 teams with one disappointing loss. We just have become spoiled to think that winning the SEC tournament championship is a formality before we begin March Madness. In a way, I am not really disappointed that we lost after that display of throwing the ball around yesterday against Ole Miss.

I figured that. You just don’t take away wins over 10 Top 25 teams with one disappointing loss. We just have become spoiled to think that winning the SEC tournament championship is a formality before we begin March Madness. In a way, I am not really disappointed that we lost after that display of throwing the ball around yesterday against Ole Miss.
Same here, I rather we lose now and get our act together than to have us going into autopilot and lose in the big tournament.

I see it more as our guards are not aggressive enough in breaking pressure and getting us into good offense. They are smaller and they try to break pressure like they can’t handle the ball. They continuously try to make that post pass to the center of the court only to throw it over the bigs head or get it intercepted. I know that is the textbook way to beat that 2-1-2 pressure. However, it’s never smart to continuously do the same thing with poor results. Destanni is usually the fastest girl on the court. Try to split that trap sometimes and get us into some offense. Teams have found a weakness and now we have to respond.
In the NCAA tournament, what you mentioned above will bite them versus good teams. I know they have played a tough schedule, however in the end you sometimes come out on the losing end. One and done going forth....

The team will still be the #1 overall seed in the tourney. Their resume is just too good.

Beat 11 ranked teams.....I would love the 2022 SEC trophy. But we got one last year. We did not get the NCCA.
What’s crazy is both losses were to unranked teams. All those ranked wins and these two losses. Odd.

Dang…. The lady Gamecocks got spanked by unranked Kentucky. Coach Dawn needs to tighten it UP!

Roughly about a month ago Kentucky had a two wins and eight loss conference rekord, but finished the season with a .500 record at eight-eight. The three tournament games before playing South Carolina Kentucky had an average margin of victory of 13 points which would indicate this was no fluke Kentucky ended up in the SEC tournament finals. While I do not take stock in polls, I would say Kentucky as this moment could be a top 25 team.

South Carolina treble was ruined today, but the domestic double can still be accomplished.

This might be the best thing to happen to this team to get them refocused. Losses have a tendency to get a team's attention. Maybe this is exactly what Dawn needed to get the team to focus and clean up this stuff.

Plenty of good teams over the years- national champs even- lost in their conference tourney.

Reactions: Gamekem
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT