ADVERTISEMENT

WBB

They got an invite in November 2017 that would have had them attending the WH during game week preparations for their season opener for 2017-18. The invite was for Friday November 17th, the day after the Gamecocks played against Clemson, the 3rd game of the 17-18 season.

And this was a pretty lame offering from you. I'm surprised that you still hit that submit button anyways, but perhaps I shouldn't be.

Timeline for this, which has been grounded into the ground years ago:

April 2017: South Carolina wins the national championship. Staley states AT THAT TIME that should they get an invite, she and her team would go.

Summertime 2017: no word at all on South Carolina getting an invite, despite several men's collegiate and professional teams getting them and attending the functions during this time.

September 2017: Staley tells the AP that no word on invite yet, and that if invited at that late date, she'd probably not accept the invite.

October 2017: Staley at a weekly presser stated that she would not accept an invite to the White House due to a new season starting up:

November 2017: South Carolina finally is invited to the White House for a multi-sports celebration/function. The invite is declined. Three games into the 2017-18 season....
What did I say that wasn't true?

Reactions: cockofdawn
Stop it, man. When has a President invited a team after their season started. That was a bogus attempt at cover by inviting the team after they were embarrassingly snubbed. So, you go ahead and count that if it makes you feel better.
You sound triggered.

Reactions: cockofdawn
The invitation was late. Should have been sooner. Staley should have found a way to make it work anyway.
Disagree. I couldn"t imagine a single men"s football or basketball coach taking practice?prep time away from their team after their season has started, especially after they had all off-season to make the invitation.

And, yeah, it was a Friday after the Clemson game and before a Sunday game against Wofford at home. I doubt they needed to practice both days before the Wofford game to win. Plus, I think we have a plane for a quick trip. She could have made it work if she wanted.

And, yeah, it was a Friday after the Clemson game and before a Sunday game against Wofford at home. I doubt they needed to practice both days before the Wofford game to win. Plus, I think we have a plane for a quick trip. She could have made it work if she wanted.

It's interesting how you're able to justify a team taking time away from scheduled practices for games as well as study time for classes in between those after getting about 2-3 day's forward notice, but don't bother to try to justify how the White House should've been able to figure out how to schedule an invite for the team with SIX MONTHS of time to do it in - especially when they were doing that for other teams of other sports in the meantime - but somehow couldn't do that......

If I'm not mistaken, I believe you were one of several posters who complained about the football team not using all their allotted practice times before the bowl game. Two days for a trip to D.C. where the players didn't even have an opportunity to enjoy the sights.....yeah, that's an attractive offer.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe you were one of several posters who complained about the football team not using all their allotted practice times before the bowl game. Two days for a trip to D.C. where the players didn't even have an opportunity to enjoy the sights.....yeah, that's an attractive offer.

Yes, I did complain about that before the Virginia bowl game. If we had been playing a subpar team with zero chance to beat us, at home, I wouldn't have done so. Not really apples to apples.

It's interesting how you're able to justify a team taking time away from scheduled practices for games as well as study time for classes in between those after getting about 2-3 day's forward notice, but don't bother to try to justify how the White House should've been able to figure out how to schedule an invite for the team with SIX MONTHS of time to do it in - especially when they were doing that for other teams of other sports in the meantime - but somehow couldn't do that......

It took over 5 months to get Clemson's football team there the same year. Everything involved in bringing large groups for an event at the White House doesn't always happen quickly.

If Hillary were POTUS and not Trump, Dawn would have have been on the next first class flight to D.C. Her missing the White House visit, snubbing the National Anthem was all to push political narratives. It’s a pretty and a crappy thing to do. If a sitting US President invites you, you go! Its why I don’t care so much about the ladies basketball program. If they win, great. If not, I hate it for them.

wait until if they win a Natl Championship title this year. Her butt will be going to see creepy Joe so fast that you will hear The sonic boom of her leaving Columbia,

Last edited:
Reactions: FORKCOCK
It took over 5 months to get Clemson's football team there the same year. Everything involved in bringing large groups for an event at the White House doesn't always happen quickly.
If you look at past administrations, both Republican and Democratic, and when they invited the championship teams to the White House, it can happen much more quickly than the past administration. Reagan and Bush I were very quick in their invitations for all teams.

And you are the one not comparing "apples to apples" as at the time Clemson's football team was invited it was during no time they were preparing during preseason (whether spring or summer practice), much less during the season. You are grasping at straws and drawing the short ones.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT