ADVERTISEMENT

WBB

Can’t prove it but I’m convinced Dawn throttled the team back in both the two 4th qtrs to give a comeback opportunity so that another female black coach could relish in SEC championship success. Everyone knew should would still be the number 1 national seed if she lost, and that UK would be an automatic into the tournament as a conference champion. Dawn is a strong advocate and activist for black female coaches and providing opportunities for them nationally. How else does Zia miss two FTs with the game on the line. What else explains the team not fouling when they have three fouls to give during the last 11 seconds? Dawn is incapable of being out coached as badly as she was in back-to-back 4th qtrs.
Are you saying Dawn threw the game? That she told Zia to purposely miss two free throws with the game on the line on national TV, with the ball bouncing around the rim before it bounced out?
And you are blaming it on her race, are you not?

Some people just don't like to hear the truth. She is a much better recruiter than an on floor coach. There have been a lot of very successful coaches with the same attributes. I think Spurrier was the opposite, great on field coach but not a hard working recruiter. As a 50 year Gamecock Club member and a letterman, I would not classify myself as a silent hater.
As I mentioned earlier you do not know basketball. How can you compare Dawn Staley to Spurrier. Yes, you are a hater, you post when we lose a game making a ridiculous statement. I guess Geno would be considered a better recruiter than X and O's coach, because he lost several games. Oh wait, Spurrier lost several games, was he better at recruiting.

No one on this site knows who is a "good" x and o coach in women's basketball.

Anyone they name not named Geno likely has losing record when facing Dawn Staley.

Luigi is NOT a good Xs and Os coach. You want to talk about a coach that has gotten his successes with talent, then Luigi is #1 on the list. He only knows the motion offense, and he runs that into the ground. He plays a 7-player rotation without fail because like Frank Martin with teaching defense to his players, Luigi needs a ton of time to teach his offense to his players, and doesn't want to trust younger players with making his offense look sloppy. Then in the rare games where his teams are struggling or behind, he rarely makes meaningful adjustments or draws up clever plays to turn the tide.

His fanbase calls him a coaching genius because of all the WBCA POYs and WNBA 1st round picks he's had over the years. They never mention how many overall prep #1s and prep All-Americans those players were also before they ever got to Connecticut......

As I mentioned earlier you do not know basketball. How can you compare Dawn Staley to Spurrier. Yes, you are a hater, you post when we lose a game making a ridiculous statement. I guess Geno would be considered a better recruiter than X and O's coach, because he lost several games. Oh wait, Spurrier lost several games, was he better at recruiting.
You might want to try to get some help on reading comprehension. I never compared Dawn to Spurrier. I actually said I believe they were able to win with different attributes. Amazing how people who do not agree with someone resort to calling them haters or label them a raciest. I truly do not expect others to agree with everything I say and I do not always agree with what others say but when people start throwing out labels they are just showing how shallow they really are.

Reactions: Cybercock
11 McDonald's AA. Dawn is a great recruiter, not a great Xs and Os coach.
If Dawn isnt a great coach with X's and O's, then we dont win 11 games over Top 25. We dont beat Stanford, UConn, NC State, and all the others without her coaching. The problem is Some of these girls dont give it their all for the whole game.
It seems this year with all the talent, that Zia Cooke would be better. She seems to have issues this year remaining focused and intense mentally. Amihere has all the talent in the world but at times she seems lost as to what to do. If I coached another team, I would immediately full court press if she is bringing the ball up the court. She is not always aware of what is going on around her. She is very tunnel visioned. Boston is Boston and nothing to complain about there. Beal can score if she wants but never seems to do so and that does cause issues. We need all five willing and able to score in order to be better. There were many times that she was wide open for a three pointer or long jump shot but waited and passed the ball. She needs to start taking some of those shots.

In my honest opinion of this team, there are 2 things that MUST be corrected for the tournament.
1 - Cooke absolutely has to be dialed in mentally. If she is focused and decides she wants to win, then we win every game going away.
2 - This team needs to be like UConn of old. When they got up on someone they pressed the gas pedal harder and beat someone as bad as they could. This Carolina team gets way ahead and then tries to coast to the finish line. It has become somewhat of a bad habit and needs to be corrected.
There is more talent on this team than many conferences all together. It just has to focus and decide they want to win it. If they keep playing as if everyone will give it to us, then we lose in sweet 16.

Reactions: gamecockblack
Luigi is NOT a good Xs and Os coach. You want to talk about a coach that has gotten his successes with talent, then Luigi is #1 on the list. He only knows the motion offense, and he runs that into the ground.

I didn't call Geno a good x and o coach. I am not qualified to say who is a good x and o coach.

Go back and read my post again.

Dawn Staley is a great coach. She has weaknesses and strengths like any human being. We just finished the year with 2 losses.

Some folks on here are very, very spoiled thanks to the great success of Dawn Staley.

Reactions: DarkCock
Aliya Boston with orange hair. All you need to know. What was she thinking?
Apparently you don't watch girls basketball. She has had orange hair starting with their Tenn. game. Which they won i might add. Look at all the girls basketball teams and you will see a myriad of different colored hair.

Reactions: gamecockblack
Apparently you don't watch girls basketball. She has had orange hair starting with their Tenn. game. Which they won i might add. Look at all the girls basketball teams and you will see a myriad of different colored hair.

I loved her hair. Very nice. I love the colors, styles, etc.

My daughter has a good friend that has wild, colored hair.

I loved her hair. Very nice. I love the colors, styles, etc.

My daughter has a good friend that has wild, colored hair.
She's from the Caribbean and the colorful hair seems to be quite common there. In any international track event, you can almost guarantee to see a few Caribbean women with some bright and colorful hair.
I see no harm in it. She's having fun and who knows she may even get some NIL deals with it too.

The Gamecock WBB team alienated a portion of the Gamecock fanbase when they began desecrating the National Anthem to push politics. I hate to say it but when I read somewhere that they lost I think to myself….. Oh they lost? Well sucks for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: cockofdawn
She's from the Caribbean and the colorful hair seems to be quite common there. In any international track event, you can almost guarantee to see a few Caribbean women with some bright and colorful hair.
I see no harm in it. She's having fun and who knows she may even get some NIL deals with it too.

Anything that stirs up the crowd is great with me.

The WBB team alienated a portion of the Gamecock fanbase when they began desecrating the National Anthem to protest whatever. I always want Gamecock teams to win. But when they do stuff like that. I hate to say it but when they lose I think to myself…… Oh they lost? Well sucks for them!

If you are going to force people to act in political ways, you have to accept they might act in political ways that you don't like.

But this is just an excuse. Most people aren't alienated. The fan support has been off the charts high. Other than people at a game, them standing, sitting, saluting, isn't noticed or observed by anyone tuning in on tv or the radio.

Reactions: Bftboy
You might want to try to get some help on reading comprehension. I never compared Dawn to Spurrier. I actually said I believe they were able to win with different attributes. Amazing how people who do not agree with someone resort to calling them haters or label them a raciest. I truly do not expect others to agree with everything I say and I do not always agree with what others say but when people start throwing out labels they are just showing how shallow they really are.
Dude, you threw out the label by stating that she is not an X and O's coach but a good recruiter. No one is implying that you are racist. Tell me who in WBB is a good X and O's coach. I'll wait.

If Dawn isnt a great coach with X's and O's, then we dont win 11 games over Top 25. We dont beat Stanford, UConn, NC State, and all the others without her coaching. The problem is Some of these girls dont give it their all for the whole game.
It seems this year with all the talent, that Zia Cooke would be better. She seems to have issues this year remaining focused and intense mentally. Amihere has all the talent in the world but at times she seems lost as to what to do. If I coached another team, I would immediately full court press if she is bringing the ball up the court. She is not always aware of what is going on around her. She is very tunnel visioned. Boston is Boston and nothing to complain about there. Beal can score if she wants but never seems to do so and that does cause issues. We need all five willing and able to score in order to be better. There were many times that she was wide open for a three pointer or long jump shot but waited and passed the ball. She needs to start taking some of those shots.

In my honest opinion of this team, there are 2 things that MUST be corrected for the tournament.
1 - Cooke absolutely has to be dialed in mentally. If she is focused and decides she wants to win, then we win every game going away.
2 - This team needs to be like UConn of old. When they got up on someone they pressed the gas pedal harder and beat someone as bad as they could. This Carolina team gets way ahead and then tries to coast to the finish line. It has become somewhat of a bad habit and needs to be corrected.
There is more talent on this team than many conferences all together. It just has to focus and decide they want to win it. If they keep playing as if everyone will give it to us, then we lose in sweet 16.
I agree with your comments. It seems that the issue this year is that we have so many combinations, if you are not within the flow of the game you can be replaced. Our big have been very consistent all season and is our first choice of scoring. If Zia, Henny and the freshmen can hit the outside jump shots we will not be stopped.

If you are going to force people to act in political ways, you have to accept they might act in political ways that you don't like.

But this is just an excuse. Most people aren't alienated. The fan support has been off the charts high. Other than people at a game, them standing, sitting, saluting, isn't noticed or observed by anyone tuning in on tv or the radio.

How is one "forced to act in political ways?" Do elaborate

How is one "forced to act in political ways?" Do elaborate
Being required to stand for the national anthem is a political act. It has nothing to do with playing a sport.

and it's become more and more political in the last number of years because of certain political actors (elected officials like a President, cable news talking heads, etc) publicly demanding negative repercussions for people that don't fall in line.

Just because someone might agree with being required ( I don't) to stand for the anthem doesn't mean it's not political.

When you require people to act in a political way, you have to be willing to allow them to act in a political way that you might not agree with.

Being required to stand for the national anthem is a political act. It has nothing to do with playing a sport.

and it's become more and more political in the last number of years because of certain political actors (elected officials like a President, cable news talking heads, etc) publicly demanding negative repercussions for people that don't fall in line.

Just because someone might agree with being required ( I don't) to stand for the anthem doesn't mean it's not political.

When you require people to act in a political way, you have to be willing to allow them to act in a political way that you might not agree with.
I’d be willing to bet a majority of those that resent standing for the National Anthem take every handout they can from Uncle Sam.

No, the National Anthem itself is not "political". The antics around it by American-hating leftists are political. That's what Dems and libs do. They divide us in every way possible, and nothing is sacred. Stir up hate and resentment where none should exist. Anything they can do to get a political advantage, they will do it, no matter the cost to real Americans. If you don't believe it, look no further than how they politicized COVID, and then made it worse. And Biden is to blame for most of it. Probably the most destructive politician in American history. 50 years of screwing things up and politicizing everything. You couldn't ask for a worse President, and now we are paying the price.

No, the National Anthem itself is not "political". The antics around it by American-hating leftists are political. That's what Dems and libs do. They divide us in every way possible, and nothing is sacred. Stir up hate and resentment where none should exist. Anything they can do to get a political advantage, they will do it, no matter the cost to real Americans. If you don't believe it, look no further than how they politicized COVID, and then made it worse. And Biden is to blame for most of it. Probably the most destructive politician in American history. 50 years of screwing things up and politicizing everything. You couldn't ask for a worse President, and now we are paying the price.
You are so correct!! Lefties know people on the right (or even closer to center left) love America AND KNOW how to piss off the right is attack what they love most. So short of violence this pisses off the American loving Conservatives.

Last edited:

Nonsense.

Of course it's political. Your post helps prove my point. Anything you are pressured or asked to do and if you don't go along you are labeled "unpatriotic" or "un-american" is inherently political.

The Gamecock WBB team alienated a portion of the Gamecock fanbase when they began desecrating the National Anthem to push politics. I hate to say it but when I read somewhere that they lost I think to myself….. Oh they lost? Well sucks for them.
So, you are that guy that disowns family just because they don't do what you say. Way to be supportive. Dawn and her team was, also, one of the few athletic teams willing to go to the White House when Trump was President. That may have not been the decision I would have made, but I didn't get all huffy and hate on Dawn and not support the team because of it. ...and what thanks did Dawn and our team get for being one of the few teams with a lot of African-Americans on it willing to go to the White House during that time. Didn't even get an invite extended. So, keep being mad at Dawn and our girls for being human through all of this political madness.

Can’t prove it but I’m convinced Dawn throttled the team back in both the two 4th qtrs to give a comeback opportunity so that another female black coach could relish in SEC championship success. Everyone knew should would still be the number 1 national seed if she lost, and that UK would be an automatic into the tournament as a conference champion. Dawn is a strong advocate and activist for black female coaches and providing opportunities for them nationally. How else does Zia miss two FTs with the game on the line. What else explains the team not fouling when they have three fouls to give during the last 11 seconds? Dawn is incapable of being out coached as badly as she was in back-to-back 4th qtrs.
So in one week…we have the conspiracy theory on this board that Ray called the NIT and told them not to invite us, and Dawn threw the game to help a friend. Bwahahahahahaha. Thanks for the laughs fgf.

Nonsense.

Of course it's political. Your post helps prove my point. Anything you are pressured or asked to do and if you don't go along you are labeled "unpatriotic" or "un-american" is inherently political.

Tucker Carlson and Tulsi Gabbard said they didn’t think we should escalate things in Ukraine and get drug into a war with Russia…….Whoopi and the View gang labeled the comments treason and said this is what Putin wants to hear. Wow….just wow. They mentioned US funded biolabs…..The View says that’s false……I read an article last week from 2008 on that very thing. I am more worried a bomb could hit one of those. That was the gist of Carlson/Gabbard comments. It’s about spin for both sides.

Link

Last edited:
So, you are that guy that disowns family just because they don't do what you say. Way to be supportive. Dawn and her team was, also, one of the few athletic teams willing to go to the White House when Trump was President. That may have not been the decision I would have made, but I didn't get all huffy and hate on Dawn and not support the team because of it. ...and what thanks did Dawn and our team get for being one of the few teams with a lot of African-Americans on it willing to go to the White House during that time. Didn't even get an invite extended. So, keep being mad at Dawn and our girls for being human through all of this political madness.
They did get an invitation from Trump and Dawn turned it down.

They did get an invitation from Trump and Dawn turned it down.

They got an invite in November 2017 that would have had them attending the WH during game week preparations for their season opener for 2017-18. The invite was for Friday November 17th, the day after the Gamecocks played against Clemson, the 3rd game of the 17-18 season.

And this was a pretty lame offering from you. I'm surprised that you still hit that submit button anyways, but perhaps I shouldn't be.

Timeline for this, which has been grounded into the ground years ago:

April 2017: South Carolina wins the national championship. Staley states AT THAT TIME that should they get an invite, she and her team would go.

Summertime 2017: no word at all on South Carolina getting an invite, despite several men's collegiate and professional teams getting them and attending the functions during this time.

September 2017: Staley tells the AP that no word on invite yet, and that if invited at that late date, she'd probably not accept the invite.

October 2017: Staley at a weekly presser stated that she would not accept an invite to the White House due to a new season starting up:

“Here’s my take, and I’m not going to discuss the White House anymore. As far as I’m concerned, I’m over the White House invitation,” Staley said. “The only invitation I would like is an invitation to get into the NCAA tournament in March. Other than that, I’m going to focus on my team.”

November 2017: South Carolina finally is invited to the White House for a multi-sports celebration/function. The invite is declined. Three games into the 2017-18 season....

They got an invite in November 2017 that would have had them attending the WH during game week preparations for their season opener for 2017-18. The invite was for Friday November 17th, the day after the Gamecocks played against Clemson, the 3rd game of the 17-18 season.

And this was a pretty lame offering from you. I'm surprised that you still hit that submit button anyways, but perhaps I shouldn't be.

Timeline for this, which has been grounded into the ground years ago:

April 2017: South Carolina wins the national championship. Staley states AT THAT TIME that should they get an invite, she and her team would go.

Summertime 2017: no word at all on South Carolina getting an invite, despite several men's collegiate and professional teams getting them and attending the functions during this time.

September 2017: Staley tells the AP that no word on invite yet, and that if invited at that late date, she'd probably not accept the invite.

October 2017: Staley at a weekly presser stated that she would not accept an invite to the White House due to a new season starting up:

November 2017: South Carolina finally is invited to the White House for a multi-sports celebration/function. The invite is declined. Three games into the 2017-18 season....
In MY "Very Humble" opinion, if you get invited to the White House, You go, even if you are in the middle of the SEC tourney.. It is what, an hour flight??

In MY "Very Humble" opinion, if you get invited to the White House, You go, even if you are in the middle of the SEC tourney.. It is what, an hour flight??
IMHO if you been snubbed and have to beg to get invited and it becomes this whole thing, then maybe you might not be as willing to change your whole preparation schedule for a PR event in which you obviously not wanted.

It's one thing if no one was invited in that time, but the fact UNC was invited numerous times and turned it down and we wasn't offered once in the off-season is enough for anyone to now want to waste their time.

IMHO if you been snubbed and have to beg to get invited and it becomes this whole thing, then maybe you might not be as willing to change your whole preparation schedule for a PR event in which you obviously not wanted.

It's one thing if no one was invited in that time, but the fact UNC was invited numerous times and turned it down and we wasn't offered once in the off-season is enough for anyone to now want to waste their time.
Prove they were "SNUBBED"... It may have been an Oversight by someone in the White House PR dept... Trust me, the POTUS at that time was busting his arse, making America great, maybe he wasnt aware they wer not invited. He wasnt sleeping 16 hours a day, then awakened for Pudding or to read some script in front of a "Homemade" backdrop!!

Stop it, man. When has a President invited a team after their season started. That was a bogus attempt at cover by inviting the team after they were embarrassingly snubbed. So, you go ahead and count that if it makes you feel better.
So i am Guessing yuou KNEW it was a "SNUB"?? WOW you must be really connected!! I am impressed..

Prove they were "SNUBBED"... It may have been an Oversight by someone in the White House PR dept... Trust me, the POTUS at that time was busting his arse, making America great, maybe he wasnt aware they wer not invited. He wasnt sleeping 16 hours a day, then awakened for Pudding or to read some script in front of a "Homemade" backdrop!!
I don't expect the president to make any of the personal invites, but his staff definitely didn't extend an offer in a timely manner. You're so focused on the politics of whose in office, when who it was doesn't really matter.

It was definitely a snub, if the men's team was offered numerous times and the women weren't offered once that's a snub. Dawn even downplayed the issue but the media was the ones asking her why hasn't the team been to the White House yet during the offseason. She said very early on that her and the team would go because that's what champions do. But they waited too late. At that point the seniors and players who entered the draft were long gone and playing overseas.

The Determination of Destiny​

Long a*s article about Destiny Littleton - but good read none the same. Hope Staley plays her enough (especially Sweet 16 and beyond) to make her be the X Factor we all know she is.

The Determination of Destiny​

Long a*s article about Destiny Littleton - but good read none the same. Hope Staley plays her enough (especially Sweet 16 and beyond) to make her be the X Factor we all know she is.
We'll need her - or someone - to be, in all likelihood.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT