ADVERTISEMENT

We are sitting around hoping for a 3* to commit meanwhile clemson just signed another 5*

coolcock33

Dec 14, 2017
#1 O lineman in the country Jackson Carman signs with Clemson. 3* O lineman gwyn should be BIG though!

Last edited:
Reactions: agantt
Gwyn is a 4 star on rivals. I am not sure why he is a 3 star on scout. The kid is a beast.

Clemtech has been winning 10 games a year for.like 6 years now,give it time and hopefully when we get this uptempo no huddle OC in here we will start to pull more 4 and a cpl 5 star cats.Boom inherited a dumpster that was 3-9 just 2 years ago...smoke on that

I would love to get Gwyn, Clemson will get there's right now, its just a fact, doesn't diminish Gwyn or are need for him.

Gwyn is different then the players Elliott recruits of 2015 so its a step in the right direction, Gwyn has been downgraded some because he was not 6-5, but he is 6-2 which is not short, and did well at opening

From August:

“Jovaughn Gwyn, he’s the most athletic big man you’ll ever see in your life. The man can broad jump over 9 feet; I think it’s like 9-4, but he’s over 300 pounds,” Harding University High School coach Sam Greiner said. “He’s the strongest human being alive in high school, I believe. He bench presses well over 400 pounds. … He’s super explosive.

“He’s one of those guys, you look at him, you think he weighs 260 pounds, but he weighs [close to] 300. He’s just very lean, very strong, very athletic, very gifted. He’d be the No. 1, top 5 recruit in the world if he was, dadgum, over 6-foot-4. It would be a no-brainer. He’s 6-2.5, barely, so that’s the problem.”

At The Opening stop in his hometown of Charlotte, N.C., Gwyn was measured at 6-2 and weighed 296 pounds. He ran a respectable 5.28 seconds in the 40-yard dash and a 5.07 in the shuttle. His power ball toss was 33 feet, and he jumped almost 28 inches in the vertical.

Gwyn earned an invite to The Opening finals after a strong performance during the camp portion of the Charlotte event.

South Carolina is a finalist with Duke and North Carolina State, but he’s got plenty of Power 5 offers, including Georgia Tech, Kentucky, Louisville, Michigan State, West Virginia and Wisconsin.

Gwyn first was offered by the Wolfpack. That might be enough to help push him toward a commitment later in August. Greiner said N.C. State’s staff told him that he immediately would compete for a starting spot at right guard.

“It just depends on how I’m feeling before that first game comes, so it’s either before or after,” Gwyn said. “But it won’t be too long after.”

I would love to get Gwyn, Clemson will get there's right now, its just a fact, doesn't diminish Gwyn or are need for him.

Gwyn is different then the players Elliott recruits of 2015 so its a step in the right direction, Gwyn has been downgraded some because he was not 6-5, but he is 6-2 which is not short, and did well at opening

From August:

“Jovaughn Gwyn, he’s the most athletic big man you’ll ever see in your life. The man can broad jump over 9 feet; I think it’s like 9-4, but he’s over 300 pounds,” Harding University High School coach Sam Greiner said. “He’s the strongest human being alive in high school, I believe. He bench presses well over 400 pounds. … He’s super explosive.

“He’s one of those guys, you look at him, you think he weighs 260 pounds, but he weighs [close to] 300. He’s just very lean, very strong, very athletic, very gifted. He’d be the No. 1, top 5 recruit in the world if he was, dadgum, over 6-foot-4. It would be a no-brainer. He’s 6-2.5, barely, so that’s the problem.”

At The Opening stop in his hometown of Charlotte, N.C., Gwyn was measured at 6-2 and weighed 296 pounds. He ran a respectable 5.28 seconds in the 40-yard dash and a 5.07 in the shuttle. His power ball toss was 33 feet, and he jumped almost 28 inches in the vertical.

Gwyn earned an invite to The Opening finals after a strong performance during the camp portion of the Charlotte event.

South Carolina is a finalist with Duke and North Carolina State, but he’s got plenty of Power 5 offers, including Georgia Tech, Kentucky, Louisville, Michigan State, West Virginia and Wisconsin.

Gwyn first was offered by the Wolfpack. That might be enough to help push him toward a commitment later in August. Greiner said N.C. State’s staff told him that he immediately would compete for a starting spot at right guard.

“It just depends on how I’m feeling before that first game comes, so it’s either before or after,” Gwyn said. “But it won’t be too long after.”
An OL offered by Michigan State and Wisconsin? I'll take him in a heartbeat. Wisky doesn't have to travel far to find OL, so if they offered.....he must be pretty darned good.

An OL offered by Michigan State and Wisconsin? I'll take him in a heartbeat. Wisky doesn't have to travel far to find OL, so if they offered.....he must be pretty darned good.
Yep. I'm curious to see if Clemson makes a run at him or not. I'd be perfectly happy with that take. It may also be far too late for Clemson to get in with him at this stage.

Yep. I'm curious to see if Clemson makes a run at him or not. I'd be perfectly happy with that take. It may also be far too late for Clemson to get in with him at this stage.
Why are you here? Seriously, what do you get out of it? 5 minutes of pleasure ribbing your rivals until you feel empty and soulless again and must repeat the vicious cycle?

Why are you here? Seriously, what do you get out of it? 5 minutes of pleasure ribbing your rivals until you feel empty and soulless again and must repeat the vicious cycle?
I enjoy discussing football. I had no idea it was such an issue for you. Why are you here? To sit in a vacuum of likeminded opinions and team spirit?

Stars aren't all that matter. And, you do realize that we pulled two 3* players from FSU, right? I know they've had a down year, but they are historically a great team with supreme athletes. Swearinger was a three star, Shaw was a three star. Does anyone know the % of 5* vs 4* and 3* players who make it to the nfl?

Stars aren't all that matter. And, you do realize that we pulled two 3* players from FSU, right? I know they've had a down year, but they are historically a great team with supreme athletes. Swearinger was a three star, Shaw was a three star. Does anyone know the % of 5* vs 4* and 3* players who make it to the nfl?

The percentage is very high towards 5 stars when you look at how few five stars there are every year.

I've been a Gamecock for decades and never have I seen Clemson in so many Gamecocks head. Spurrier was right when he ripped the BEAT CLEMSON sign from the locker room wall. They now see us as just another game like Spurrier saw them, now our fans put so much pressure on our team to win we choke under the pressure.

Keep improving, keep getting better. It sucks but Clemson has made it past the hurdle of "one hit wonder" - so I think from a program standpoint we can only use their success to fuel our efforts to get to that same level.
If beating Clemson is the ONLY goal you have then yeah, I think generally you might be disappointed for the next few years - while we were beating Clemson 5 years in a row they were slowly building a program.

Everything is terrible, and we are all going to die.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Sulayman
Todd may be the biggest goof/homer out there, but it’s not his fault that a bunch of coaches, making a minimum of low 6 figures decided to stop working 2 years before they actually left, and can’t forget unqualified. He certainly isn’t the only Gamecock that thought the train was gonna keep rolling

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT