ADVERTISEMENT

We aren't rebuilding

shorecock

Nov 15, 2008
Upstate
This isn't a rebuilding year and neither was last year. This is who we are. I can look at our players and see how they line up against other SEC talent and it isn't close. We also have no experienced coaches nor leadership in our Athletic Department. We actually looked like one of Georgia's OOC games and they certainly treated us like one. We obviously need a change at most coaching positions because the people we have aren't getting anything accomplished other than collecting a pay check. We will be lucky to win any conference games this year.

This isn't a rebuilding year and neither was last year. This is who we are. I can look at our players and see how they line up against other SEC talent and it isn't close. We also have no experienced coaches nor leadership in our Athletic Department. We actually looked like one of Georgia's OOC games and they certainly treated us like one. We obviously need a change at most coaching positions because the people we have aren't getting anything accomplished other than collecting a pay check. We will be lucky to win any conference games this year.
We are devolving.

We need a new everything or we just need to stop trying. I was a GC member. I won't give a cent to the university for sports again until they dump Tanner.

What did you really expect? Shane Beamer was hired on the cheap. And because he endlessly hypes unfounded optimism, some folks actually thought USC had hired Dabo 2.0. It is a mediocre program going nowhere but where it has been stuck for years
Truth-1.png

Reactions: agantt and taxcock
Recruiting is going better than anytime since Spurrier.

UGA is a top 3 program and they were hitting on all cylinders today. They are super deep and they have been stable as a program for 20 years compared to us.

UGA is a top 3 program and they were hitting on all cylinders today. They are super deep and they have been stable as a program for 20 years compared to us.
The gap between us and UGA is a large as it has ever been, and most teams with a pulse will hit on all cylinders against our defense.

Reactions: swamp fox1

It’s not all stars, it’s about if the players you do have play with grit, determination and play smart. We don’t, App State can’t touch our roster on recruiting rankings but they play a helluva lot harder and smarter than we do, that’s a fact.

Last edited:

Lol at all this. We have zero head coaching experience in the toughest league in nation.

The team we played today hired a guy with no head coaching experience.
If you can’t see the Difference between the clown we hired and Kirby Smart I don’t know what to tell you. I do know this, you don’t know much about football

Lol you comparing a coordinator who led the defense for the greatest college football team to a tight end coach. And yes we wanted Kirby before we wanted Shane, can you maybe see why yet?
Don’t bother. These clown posters know very little about football

Reactions: Robhawk29
If you can’t see the Difference between the clown we hired and Kirby Smart I don’t know what to tell you. I do know this, you don’t know much about football

Brad Scott led FSU to the National Championship as the offensive coordinator who installed the hurry up and called plays that also helped Charlie Ward win the Heisman.

The hire was labeled by former players, "legends" and the local media as "South Carolina Finally Gets It Right"

Last edited:

I was responding to your post about hiring someone with no head coaching experience.

I said the guy leading the team we faced today was hired with no head coaching experience.

Now you are comparing something besides head coaching experience.

Lol you comparing a coordinator who led the defense for the greatest college football team to a tight end coach. And yes we wanted Kirby before we wanted Shane, can you maybe see why yet?
Brad Scott led FSU to the National Championship as the offensive coordinator who installed the hurry up and called plays that also helped Charlie Ward win the Heisman. He was hired at South Carolina as head coach.

He did not lead South Carolina to a national championship.

Won’t matter, at our best UGA is 5 touchdown better than us, that’s just a fact.

Today's result, as you mentioned above from last week, was no surprise.

Last edited:
What did you really expect? Shane Beamer was hired on the cheap. And because he endlessly hypes unfounded optimism, some folks actually thought USC had hired Dabo 2.0. It is a mediocre program going nowhere but where it has been stuck for years

I didn't expect anything. I'm just sick of hearing the rebuilding speech from all these fans that continuously scream for everyone to give this staff a chance. We don't have what other programs have which is a willingness to do what it take to win games. We don't have the leadership, period. Beamer needs to put on his big boy pants, fire the dead weight and tell Tanner to open up the checkbook.

Brad Scott led FSU to the National Championship as the offensive coordinator who installed the hurry up and called plays that also helped Charlie Ward win the Heisman. He was hired at South Carolina as head coach.

He did not lead South Carolina to a national championship.

Today's result, as you mentioned above from last week, was no surprise.
Actually we are worse than I thought we would be, dawgs easily could have hung 70, Stetson barely played 2.5 quarters.

It's because we've been "rebuilding" for 20 years.

Reactions: swamp fox1
We're nowhere near where we want to be but Clemson might even be 1-2 if they played our schedule.

I want to know why our players continue to get hurt so much. Why do our 5 star players never live up to the billing?

I didn't expect anything. I'm just sick of hearing the rebuilding speech from all these fans that continuously scream for everyone to give this staff a chance. We don't have what other programs have which is a willingness to do what it take to win games. We don't have the leadership, period. Beamer needs to put on his big boy pants, fire the dead weight and tell Tanner to open up the checkbook.
I agree with you, except for half of the last sentence. Beamer could ask him to open the checkbook, but the directives are coming from up top, and not below.

This thing goes way beyond just talent level. While we are less talented and not as deep as the top SEC schools, we should not be this bad due to this fact alone. This team is poorly coached and undisciplined. The players apparently don't know their assignments, can't read the opponents offenses and defenses, cannot tackle, play with poor stance, commit far too many silly penalties, and have not learned proper pursuit angles, nor tackling techniques. One of the most basic rules of defense is to set the edge and don't let anyone outside, yet it happens on nearly every play. Is nobody assigned to set the edge? When UGA ran a reverse to our left side the left end left town and ran across the middle toward the fake side. When the ball was reversed there was nobody there and the play went for big yards. This is either poor coaching or undisciplined play. It doesn't matter how they do it. The QB can break out on a run, they can run a sweep, they can run an end around, or a reverse, and the result is always the same. Nobody is home to stop it or turn it inside. Are these guys even coached at all? Or are practices like Beamers press conferences with a lot of rah rah and pats on the back? It is just frustrating and nauseating to watch.

This thing goes way beyond just talent level. While we are less talented and not as deep as the top SEC schools, we should not be this bad due to this fact alone. This team is poorly coached and undisciplined. The players apparently don't know their assignments, can't read the opponents offenses and defenses, cannot tackle, play with poor stance, commit far too many silly penalties, and have not learned proper pursuit angles, nor tackling techniques. One of the most basic rules of defense is to set the edge and don't let anyone outside, yet it happens on nearly every play. Is nobody assigned to set the edge? When UGA ran a reverse to our left side the left end left town and ran across the middle toward the fake side. When the ball was reversed there was nobody there and the play went for big yards. This is either poor coaching or undisciplined play. It doesn't matter how they do it. The QB can break out on a run, they can run a sweep, they can run an end around, or a reverse, and the result is always the same. Nobody is home to stop it or turn it inside. Are these guys even coached at all? Or are practices like Beamers press conferences with a lot of rah rah and pats on the back? It is just frustrating and nauseating to watch.

Agreed. I will.say, I saw one positive. While our players were getting run over, they weren't talking as much junk to the other team.

Don’t bother. These clown posters know very little about football
Muschamp was Saban’s DC before Smart. I wanted Napier and I feel the frustration. Tanner didn’t even give Billy a real interview. It was Beamers as soon as he called. But this BS has been going on since Dietzel because the BOT’s run our football program and it’s been an embarassment in this state all my life. Dabo went 6-6 and lost to South Florida his first full year. We might as well hope for the best. Shane has to learn to use the bench as a teaching tool. Saying Rattler is the QB isn’t going to stop the bad decisions or senseless turnovers. You think Saban would be reassuring people after that performance. I don’t think so. Lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heyward1
Billy Napier did not want to come here.

That’s not true. He was never in the running. A Zoom interview or whatever that is called is not my idea of a legitimate offer, especially when the AD leaves it unannounced to take a call. Tanner is an goob like our BOT. Neither could find a nipple in a topless bar. It was Beamers job as soon as he called. Live with it.

Reactions: AsTheCockCrows
One the challenges we have in evaluating coaching talent is the time element. If you hire a coach at a school who consistently recruits in the Top 10, you'll have a pretty good idea whether it's a good fit within a year or two....the roster is basically stocked with 4/5 stars when the new coach arrives.

We're typically in the 2nd/3rd tier recruiting position so the talent is there, but it's spotty and thin at many positions. Beamer currently is working mostly with Juniors/Seniors from the Muschamp days or transfers. A good number of those Muschamp recruits were not developed properly and honestly look like zombies at times on the field. As it stands now, the team is clearly a hog podge of talent that still needs time to gel.

It's a conundrum. You have a coaching staff isn't performing how we like. Given the environment, he does deserve more him time. However, do we have the right coach to begin with and is a longer commitment only going to dig a deeper hole (e.g. Muschamp)? That's the challenge which Ray and the BOT face.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT