ADVERTISEMENT

We aren't rebuilding

Been saying that for a while. Our priorities are clear. WBB is our top concern.

How many women's national titles would you trade for an SEC title in football? Just the conference.

I started at around 5 or 6, then I realized I would trade every women's title from now until the end of time for it.

(And yes, I know it's not an option in reality.)

How many women's national titles would you trade for an SEC title in football? Just the conference.

I started at around 5 or 6, then I realized I would trade every women's title from now until the end of time for it.

(And yes, I know it's not an option in reality.)

There is a reason being called a women's basketball school isn't something positive.

That’s not true. He was never in the running. A Zoom interview or whatever that is called is not my idea of a legitimate offer, especially when the AD leaves it unannounced to take a call. Tanner is an goob like our BOT. Neither could find a nipple in a topless bar. It was Beamers job as soon as he called. Live with it.

Napier let “friends” in the coaching world know he did not want to come to South Carolina.

There is a reason that we did not put on a full court press for him.

There is a reason being called a women's basketball school isn't something positive.
I find it interesting that the athletic department increased the price of womens basketball tickets this year, in a press release stating “Changes reflect the increased quality of the program and bringing prices in line with other comparably successful programs across the country.” Can they not use that same logic and decrease the price of men’s football? Putting it more in line with SC State or Charleston Southern?

This is what we get for 1st, selecting Tanner as AD and 2nd, hiring Muschamp after Spurrier
This is exactly the problem. Look, admittedly, I dont know a ton about football. I played DE in high school for 1 year - the one year that I was allowed to go to a public school. Beyond that, I played soccer for 30 years. So I am no x's and o's guy. That being said, EVEN I KNEW that hiring Will MissChamp was an absolutely stupid move and that we were doomed to mediocrity under that guy. The minute I heard about it, I was shocked that THAT was who we hired as the head football coach. Then somehow, the geniuses kept Ray Tanner on after giving MissChamp that ridiculous raise. And we wonder why we are where we are.....Ray Tanner should never have been given the AD position and MissChamp should never have been hired here. THAT is why we are where we are.

No SEC school, other than South Carolina, would still have Ray Tanner as AD. He would have been shown the door before Muschamp was fired.

Reactions: gcockwin
Recruiting is going better than anytime since Spurrier.

UGA is a top 3 program and they were hitting on all cylinders today. They are super deep and they have been stable as a program for 20 years compared to us.

This comment only makes my point. We are not rebuilding, never have been and never will until this university decides that football should be the top priority in athletics. Good recruiting doesn't mean anything unless you have the experience in coaching. We hired a great guy in Beamer but that's where it stops. He doesn't have the experience and the SEC is not the best place to learn on the job. If nothing changes then we'll be having this same exact conversation next year, same time. See ya then.

Reactions: Cockytalk84
This comment only makes my point. We are not rebuilding, never have been and never will until this university decides that football should be the top priority in athletics. Good recruiting doesn't mean anything unless you have the experience in coaching. We hired a great guy in Beamer but that's where it stops. He doesn't have the experience and the SEC is not the best place to learn on the job. If nothing changes then we'll be having this same exact conversation next year, same time. See ya then.

There are numerous holes on this team and that should not be a surprise to anyone who has paid any attention.

The folks mad now are the people that bought into hype because they wanted to buy into hype.

We were picked 5th in the SEC East by the preseason SEC media poll for a reason.

We will know what kind of head coach Beamer is in couple of years.

You have no clue what kind of head coach he is or will be and neither does anyone else at this point. Just typical mad fans whining like snowflakes on message boards - a dime a dozen.

Reactions: cockamammy
There are numerous holes on this team and that should not be a surprise to anyone who has paid any attention.

The folks mad now are the people that bought into hype because they wanted to buy into hype.

We were picked 5th in the SEC East by the preseason SEC media poll for a reason.

You have no clue what kind of head coach he is or will be and neither does anyone else at this point. Just typical mad fans whining like snowflakes on message boards - a dime a dozen.

Isn't this what happens when you hire someone who has never been a head coach, much less an OC or DC?

The fan base was just coming off a long 5 years of a massively overpaid and coddled head coach who did the same thing he did at UF - make the team he received notably worse than when he received it. Now they are asked to continue to support a team and hope that 4 or 5 years of an unproven coach pans out while watching us get annihilated by UGA, Clemson, A&M, UT, etc?

Beamer might eventually work out but growing pains are not on the fanbase. Ray Tanner and the BOT hiring and contractual practices created this scenario. If you hire an unproven twice in a row, you better be ready to defend the cause at every turn.

This isn't a rebuilding year and neither was last year. This is who we are. I can look at our players and see how they line up against other SEC talent and it isn't close. We also have no experienced coaches nor leadership in our Athletic Department. We actually looked like one of Georgia's OOC games and they certainly treated us like one. We obviously need a change at most coaching positions because the people we have aren't getting anything accomplished other than collecting a pay check. We will be lucky to win any conference games this year.
You may be right but I think we can take a little bit of a step up. As long time GC, all I ask is a shot at top 25 (at least 'others receiving votes') and a trip to a bowl game. Maybe every 6 to 7 years we stumble into the SEC championship. And thank god for the 12 team championship, that may be our only saving grace one day.

Reactions: Ward Jr
Isn't this what happens when you hire someone who has never been a head coach, much less an OC or DC?

brad Scott was a massively successful offensive coordinator and the same exact thing could be said about him.

That’s not true. He was never in the running. A Zoom interview or whatever that is called is not my idea of a legitimate offer, especially when the AD leaves it unannounced to take a call. Tanner is an goob like our BOT. Neither could find a nipple in a topless bar. It was Beamers job as soon as he called. Live with it.
Both can be and probably are true.

I find it interesting that the athletic department increased the price of womens basketball tickets this year, in a press release stating “Changes reflect the increased quality of the program and bringing prices in line with other comparably successful programs across the country.” Can they not use that same logic and decrease the price of men’s football? Putting it more in line with SC State or Charleston Southern?
🤣🤣🤣

Recruiting is going better than anytime since Spurrier.

UGA is a top 3 program and they were hitting on all cylinders today. They are super deep and they have been stable as a program for 20 years compared to us.
what hurt us was the piss poor hire after Spurrier, he had built us into a competitive team, we were finishing top 10 at the end of the season, successful in bowl games and then the wheels fell off and it became a shit show. Tanner was hired as AD (should have kept his ass as baseball coach), then he turns around and hires Muschamp, who declined to be our DC and then he was given a large contract after one season. That contract should be coming out of Tanner's paycheck and his ass should be in the unemployment line

"We will know what kind of head coach Beamer is in a couple of years" - Did you say that about Muschamp too? Oh, we must be rebuilding, again:) Ignore the facts sunshine. FACT, when you hire an "SEC" coach, you hire based on ability and experience. You don't hire someone with no experience to lead a team in one of the toughest conferences in the country (well, unless you are Ray Tanner). You are clueless sunshine.

"We will know what kind of head coach Beamer is in a couple of years" - Did you say that about Muschamp too? Oh, we must be rebuilding, again:) Ignore the facts sunshine. FACT, when you hire an "SEC" coach, you hire based on ability and experience. You don't hire someone with no experience to lead a team in one of the toughest conferences in the country (well, unless you are Ray Tanner). You are clueless sunshine.

I thought the Muschamp hire was awful. But I did not think we should fire him after 1 season.

But heck, he had head coaching experience. He had a ton of coordinator experience in major conference ball, including NFL assistant coach experience. We all saw how that worked out.

We tried Brad Scott at one point. Years of experienced at a top school. Offensive coordinator. National Championship. BOMBED!!!!!!!!!

So clearly that magical experience you are obsessed with is not always the answer.

Shane Beamer was a very solid hire. It remains a very popular hire with the overall fanbase (message board warrior's don't count).

To say Shane had no experience is silly. He didn't have the exact experience you wanted. But of course you aren't in charge of anything.

Good hire. We will see how it works out in a few years based on how things are going at the time.

This board was full of Shane Train voters two yrs ago. You think Tanner wishes he had given Napier a proper interview. I doubt it.

What you see is what you get until Ray Tanner and USC part ways. The BoT and Univ. President really need to be sitting down and discussing getting rid of Ray and who the next A/D will be.

It’s not all stars, it’s about if the players you do have play with grit, determination and play smart. We don’t, App State can’t touch our roster on recruiting rankings but they play a helluva lot harder and smarter than we do, that’s a fact.
App? We dont even have to leave the state for another example: Coastal Carolina would beat us right now and our recruiting rankings dwarf them.

We’re in a world of shit people. A NC hayseed AD that hangs around like an STD. And now we’re looking at another buyout by the end of next year for Beamer. It’s bad. Really bad. Holtz and Spurrier changed everything for the better. And somehow we’ve found ourselves back at the beginning.

Reactions: Cockytalk84
This isn't a rebuilding year and neither was last year. This is who we are. I can look at our players and see how they line up against other SEC talent and it isn't close. We also have no experienced coaches nor leadership in our Athletic Department. We actually looked like one of Georgia's OOC games and they certainly treated us like one. We obviously need a change at most coaching positions because the people we have aren't getting anything accomplished other than collecting a pay check. We will be lucky to win any conference games this year.
Why are you on this website? Move on.

Reactions: BattleshipTexas
We’re in a world of shit people. A NC hayseed AD that hangs around like an STD. And now we’re looking at another buyout by the end of next year for Beamer. It’s bad. Really bad. Holtz and Spurrier changed everything for the better. And somehow we’ve found ourselves back at the beginning.
Hows that buyout looking???. #FAIL #WRONG #sorrywearegoodandthatmakesyoulookrealdumb

This will probably a fun quote to bump in the future.
The only future you have....
walter GIF

If nothing else, reading these comments helped me add 2 posters to my "ignore" list. :>)

• Haha
Reactions: TAV31
I think he's done a good job in year one, with vandy, fsu and a bowl still on the schedule.
This one cracks me up. The gators lost to both vandy and fsu. Hahahaha.
But I agree in thinking that he did pretty well for year one in a way. But kind of ended up about on par.

This one cracks me up. The gators lost to both vandy and fsu. Hahahaha.
But I agree in thinking that he did pretty well for year one in a way. But kind of ended up about on par.

Agreed. Dropping both those at the end took him out of the "good" range and into the "meh" range.

This aged well.
Bunch of dumazzes. At least have the common sense to keep your mouth shut until you see how things turn out.

"Dam....guess I eat the crow. 😄 You don't fire a guy after back-back Top 10 wins. Congrats Satt...maybe Spencer comes back next year?" ~ Flameout12 (Nov. 26, 2022)

"Same thing happened last season. Didn't you notice? Get you head out your azz.....we're just a few weeks removed from getting totally dominated on offense by UF and Mizzou. Maybe you think we're running a charity?" ~ Flameout12 (Nov 21, 2022)

"Seems contingent on the hiring of dud coaches" ~ Flameout12 (Noe 15, 2022)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT