ADVERTISEMENT

We get good, fade...then they get good and sustain...

They “ sustained “? Brownell been there for years. It’s first time he’s shown any life n basketball program. Their baseball program had to hire a new coach recently as well because success was not “ sustained “. Football is doing good for them obviously . Playing n ACC helps but even playing n weak conference did provide wins and wins no matter what help recruiting

We have sustained in Bass Fishing

img_8122.jpg

I hate em
The only thing they have "sustained" is football, and that will not last forever just like our baseball success did not last forever. They are at the point in football now that we were in baseball in 2013. We'll see what happens next. Their basketball team is having a fluke season when compared to their normal results, and the only thing their baseball team is sustaining is losses in regionals...

Last edited:
Reactions: Kitchenlabs
We haven't sustained in any sport other than WBB. Do we have the right to speak about any other program? Is it justified to claim Tanner and Martin are doing their job at an acceptable level?
Martin had the most successful season of any Gamecock basketball coach ever a year ago. With the losses from that roster we were expected to have a rebuilding season and a huge drop-off. Next year there will have to be improvement. If the team isn't any better and recruiting hasn't picked up then we can start talking hot seat but I fully expect to be on the fringe of another NCAA tournament bid.

We haven't sustained in any sport other than WBB. Do we have the right to speak about any other program? Is it justified to claim Tanner and Martin are doing their job at an acceptable level?
Martin had the most successful season of any Gamecock basketball coach ever a year ago. With the losses from that roster we were expected to have a rebuilding season and a huge drop-off. Next year there will have to be improvement. If the team isn't any better and recruiting hasn't picked up then we can start talking hot seat but I fully expect to be on the fringe of another NCAA tournament bid.

Next year could be much better. It could also be worse. That Louisville kid might not even play.

Taters will sustain football as long as the NCAA doesn't come snooping around. Then it'll be the "Danny Days" all over again.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Next year could be much better. It could also be worse. That Louisville kid might not even play.
Even if he never plays I think we should be right there. Just getting Felder back to playing the PG position will help us a lot. I also expect Justin and Felipe to have solid sophomore seasons. We won't be world beaters from a superstar standpoint but I think we will be more than capable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT