ADVERTISEMENT

"We just don't have the talent" is BS

Anyone who thinks that this Gamecock squad is talented, or at least as talented as one needs to have a chance in the SEC, is either delusional or doesn't know football. Probably both.

I'm less concerned about the o line and more concerned about our skill guys not being able to run away from anyone or break tackles.
55 out of the 95 yards Williams had today were after contact I believe. The problem is soon as he gets going good and we get into a rhythm, Roper wants to start passing off of it and next thing you know the drive stalled and we are punting.

Reactions: Bclc829
I think Bryan Edwards and Deebo will play in the NFL one day. But that's about it at this point. No stud O-linemen or D-linemen, no stud RB, LB's are decent, secondary is decent.

No stars on defense though. No Clowneys or Ingrams or Gilmores.

55 out of the 95 yards Williams had today were after contact I believe. The problem is soon as he gets going good and we get into a rhythm, Roper wants to start passing off of it and next thing you know the drive stalled and we are punting.

He's the only one. That's why he stands out.

I think I have finally found someone with less football knowledge than myself.

O line played well today. In fact, they've been pretty good all year. If I have to watch AJ Turner take a run or swing pass that's blocked perfectly and turn it into absolutely nothing one more time, I'm going to lose my mind.

Are we as talented as half the teams in the SEC ?? Hell no . Are we talented enough that a home game against LA Tech should be a cake walk ?? Hell Yeah
Are we talented enough that we shouldn't lose 4 in a row to KENTUCKY ?? Absolutely . It's not lack of talent it's lack of motivation and lack of balls . These guys were sleeping walking thru 7 quarters of Football in front of fans that paid a lot of hard earned money to support them . The energy from the coaching staff is abysmal. This has absolutely ZERO to do with talent . Kentucky lost tonight and were totally outmatched talent wise by Florida , but they fought tooth and nail the entire game and should have won . We scrapped by a team we should have beaten by 40 . This isn't lack of talent , it's piss poor preparation and piss poor motivation from coaches and players . It is what it is . If we show up against A&M and Arky like this the next few weeks they will physically DESTROY us. Those teams have issues but they are physical and will pound the ball down our throat if we don't grow a pair and step up .

Are we as talented as half the teams in the SEC ?? Hell no . Are we talented enough that a home game against LA Tech should be a cake walk ?? Hell Yeah
Are we talented enough that we shouldn't lose 4 in a row to KENTUCKY ?? Absolutely . It's not lack of talent it's lack of motivation and lack of balls . These guys were sleeping walking thru 7 quarters of Football in front of fans that paid a lot of hard earned money to support them . The energy from the coaching staff is abysmal. This has absolutely ZERO to do with talent . Kentucky lost tonight and were totally outmatched talent wise by Florida , but they fought tooth and nail the entire game and should have won . We scrapped by a team we should have beaten by 40 . This isn't lack of talent , it's piss poor preparation and piss poor motivation from coaches and players . It is what it is . If we show up against A&M and Arky like this the next few weeks they will physically DESTROY us. Those teams have issues but they are physical and will pound the ball down our throat if we don't grow a pair and step up .
THANKYOU!!! We all say is it talent or coaching but motivation and guts count so much in football and in life. A talented kid can't just show up for a high level position and go through the motions. What I want to see is a coach that looks like he gives a damn on the sideline. I had to sweat my ass off today and watch a bunch of pussies play football. Maybe we are young and don't know how to be a man.

Most of the talent on this team are freshmen and sophomores. Our leading rb, wr and qb last season were all freshman. We're 9 under the scholarship level with very few seniors because most of what was left from the previous staff was fcs level talent.
As a previous poster said, not a quick fix. It's going to be several recruiting cycles to add more talent, depth and leadership to this team, we just don't have enough of any of these.

Most of the talent on this team are freshmen and sophomores. Our leading rb, wr and qb last season were all freshman. We're 9 under the scholarship level with very few seniors because most of what was left from the previous staff was fcs level talent.
As a previous poster said, not a quick fix. It's going to be several recruiting cycles to add more talent, depth and leadership to this team, we just don't have enough of any of these.

Take that crap somewhere ele. Logic has No place on a message board.

As time passes, it is apparent that the previous staff 's accepting their paychecks was criminal activity.

It is hard to believe that anyone on that staff was unaware of what the outcome would be. It is actually a difficult accomplishment to be devoid of talent at qb, rb, dl, cb and safety.....with little talent at the rest....all done with and SEC patch and recent success to sale.

The reality was ugly and I have a hard time believing that SOS was that disconnected.

It is hard to believe that anyone on that staff was unaware of what the outcome would be. It is actually a difficult accomplishment to be devoid of talent at qb, rb, dl, cb and safety.....with little talent at the rest....all done with and SEC patch and recent success to sale.

The reality was ugly and I have a hard time believing that SOS was that disconnected.

The recruiting at the end of the SOS was simply terrible. The last defensive player drafted from USC....Jadeveon Clowney! Maybe Skai Moore gets drafted, I don't know. If not, then SOS's staff failed to recruit a signal future NFL draftee in his final years despite coming off 3 consecutive 11 win seasons.

Offensively, they most famously missed on Mason Rudolph, the nation's second leading passer. They also missed on Bryce Love, the nation's leading rusher, despite the fact both his parents were former Gamecock scholarship athletes. We missed on Tyson Williams as well, which shouldn't have happened.

Other players like Nick Chubb and Arden Key were prima donnas we missed on because SOS didn't want to play the recruiting game. I wouldn't want to do that either if I were 70+ years old, but we're feeling the effects of his failure to do so now.

So, yeah, that's not a lot of talented upperclassmen on this team.

The recruiting at the end of the SOS was simply terrible. The last defensive player drafted from USC....Jadeveon Clowney! Maybe Skai Moore gets drafted, I don't know. If not, then SOS's staff failed to recruit a signal future NFL draftee in his final years despite coming off 3 consecutive 11 win seasons.

Offensively, they most famously missed on Mason Rudolph, the nation's second leading passer. They also missed on Bryce Love, the nation's leading rusher, despite the fact both his parents were former Gamecock scholarship athletes. We missed on Tyson Williams as well, which shouldn't have happened.

Other players like Nick Chubb and Arden Key were prima donnas we missed on because SOS didn't want to play the recruiting game. I wouldn't want to do that either if I were 70+ years old, but we're feeling the effects of his failure to do so now.

So, yeah, that's not a lot of talented upperclassmen on this team.

Yeah...that is a nice recounting of some of the higher profile misses....and there were many more that are the fill out players on your team. It was in the neighborhood of the Brad Scott end and I will just say it was probably worse sheer talent wise. SEC teams with lots of talent can be embarrassed in this league. We were not in a good spot and that is what people realized when Ray had to look for coaches.

As a fan base we have to own up to where we were and where we are.....we are building cause there was nothing there. I am not super absolutely bowled over by some gamday decisions and things...but for a coach that goes about with rebuilding...we got a good one and he has done more than I thought he would and we will get back if we stay with this guy.

I wish that the extent of the situation was fully covered and shown to people so that people would understand what the job was. Now we have to listen to people that are finding our what several years of not trying will get you in the SEC.

Reactions: DarkCock

Succinct and to the point Not much else to say

I think the previous staff were trying very hard. I also think they knew it was going bad. But when the best effort you have is met with NO from the kids you want you fill the spots with the best you can get. Spurrier was old, the other teams used it against us.

"We just don't have the talent" is BS
We have talent, but not enough talent in enough different positions. That is currently the case, irrespective of any deficiencies we might also have on the coaching front.

Reactions: DarkCock
I'm less concerned about the o line and more concerned about our skill guys not being able to run away from anyone or break tackles.
Not true. We have plenty of fast skill position players with the speed to separate from the defense. Our QB seems to only hit the open receiver in space half the time.

We have recruited raw talent that is top half (barely) in the SEC.

We have not developed that raw talent into actual talent

Reactions: robertfootball
The secondary is abysmal. They look clueless with the ball in the air which is surprising since we hired a defensive minded coach. Granted the defensive line doesn't help by not getting any pass rush but strictly talking about technique, they have a long ways to go.

The OL has protected the QB fairly well so far this year but doesn't appear to be opening holes for the RBs.
My biggest concern is the defense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT