ADVERTISEMENT

We lost at home to 326 ranked team?

vacock#

Oct 26, 1998
We can’t get into the NIT with our RPI. There is no way we will get better. The only way we play post season is if we win the SEC tournament. Disgusted.

Inconsistency is the most consistent trait of Martin's teams since he's been here. Even the Final Four team was horribly inconsistent that year.

I really wish Frank could succeed here, but I think we've seen everything we're going to see from his teams and it ain't good.

Reactions: 92Pony and Brace1
I've been a Frank supporter, but after the way he treated his team today, I'm done with him. For him to call his team babies and refuse to coach them up during a timeout is completely unacceptable. Im afraid Frank may be burned out and can't turn this around

It is so sad for the season to be over before conference play even begins. Well we beat the taters so I guess he will get an extension? More of the same to come...

The sad thing is we had just moved up to 86 in the net rankings, all we had to do was win this game and only go .500 in SEC play to ensure an NIT bid.

The sad thing is we had just moved up to 86 in the net rankings, all we had to do was win this game and only go .500 in SEC play to ensure an NIT bid.
Life as a gamecock. Get used to it and you will be a lot happier

Sad that as a Power 5 institution, in the 8th year of a coaches tenure, that somehow Gamecock fans may be upset that the basketball team may have lost a chance to get in the NIT. I guess after a while even the lowest rewards for mediocrity become attractive.

The only way we play post season is if we win the SEC tournament. Disgusted.

Oh! Just Wonderful!!! Now we get to listen to this crap throughout January and February.

... 'if we win out, we can STILL win the conference'. ... 'OK, the SEC tournament is our last chance but, if we win it, we should get in with a 16-16 record'... "Oh! Just watch, the selection committee is going to screw us AGAIN!!!'.

We lost at home to 326 (5-9) ranked team?

Team has a first year coaching staff & whose head coach had a 138-137 record until he played us
But, at least we didn't lose to Stony Brook, this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Carolina Cocktail
Frank Martin should have been fired last night. What he did was embarrassing, inmature, and abusive to his players and the USC athletic program. For God's sake we cannot tolerate having a freaking childish a$$hole coaching (questionable) a major program at our university. I hope Martin plans on giving up coaching because he won't be hired by any other college program after they see the video from last night. Martin is the kind of man you don't want your sons to grow up like.

Reactions: Carolina Cocktail
$13 million buyout lol. Another tanner and board bit of magic. This is the worst run athletic department imaginable.

Remember his buyout was raised after the Final Four and other schools came offering, if we never gave him a buyout and he left people would have been complaining as even more.

#uselogic

Reactions: rogue cock
I wonder if this is the problem:

Frank wants Lawson to play PG until Hannibal grows into the job. Lawson wants to score so he can get into the NBA this year but he's had to switch with Bolden. He doesn't see playing PG as a way to get drafted.

Remember his buyout was raised after the Final Four and other schools came offering, if we never gave him a buyout and he left people would have been complaining as even more.

#uselogic

If he wins another game, there will be posters on here attacking those of us who want him gone.

If he wins another game, there will be posters on here attacking those of us who want him gone.

I wish Cincinnati or UNLV had some deep pocket boosters, he would have been gone and we could have gotten a respectable coach who can win and recruit in by now. Marshall would be ideal. Ron Hunter would be a good option too. Mike Boynton, Matt Figger, other good options as well.

Reactions: USC75Grad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT