ADVERTISEMENT

We need to run straight at 'em Saturday...UT is 14th in SEC in rush defense

They will be trying to pound it too with their RB....time for the CB's to protect their island and put the clamps down on the RB and QB

Reactions: bagel400
They will be trying to pound it too with their RB....time for the CB's to protect their island and put the clamps down on the RB and QB

I like that game plan! Champ has these boys playing fast and I don't think the game has slowed down yet for the Frosh QB.

Without looking at stats from their other games, I can't help but to think that their game with GT may have skewed their run D ranking a little. I don't expect us to be able to run all over them. If we could get another buck-fifty as we did against Arky, that would be pretty nice though. Here's hoping we see some creativity in the run game again this week!

they are not that bad against the run...their stats are skewed because GaTech ran that option all over them for over 500 yds...Nonetheless i hope we can get our running game going vs everyone

they are not that bad against the run...their stats are skewed because GaTech ran that option all over them for over 500 yds...Nonetheless i hope we can get our running game going vs everyone
UGA and GaTech skewed those numbers greatly...as they would against pretty much anyone.

Need to stay balanced and get 150-200 yards out of our run game.

150 yards on the ground and 200-250 through the air should be enough to win

That depends on if we are going to use our smallest RB up the gut.

I did see some growth out of Roper. Looked like a lot of running on the outsides of the line and a lot more success then I've seen in most games. With a weak O Line up the middle is the worst place to run it

Roper used a lot more motion. You get the defense moving around, it's easier to find some open space. They should have been doing that the whole time?

Reactions: jeff2001 and 92Pony
. . . pound the pigskin!
All which goes to show that too much concern for opponents star power. Five 5* players on the Vol defense. For every 5* player in high school that was overrated there is a 3* that became a great college player. If our offense can get balance Saturday we should score points.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT