ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome, Coach! Liked what I heard in Press Conference...

very impressed with him. go back and listen to chad's and you will notice chad was not ready for a head coaching position.

Hope he keeps Mohl as he has become one of the best pitching coaches in the country. Fearful that he will get the promotion to head coach at USF though. If that happens don't be surprised if Meyers is retained.

Does the new head coach normally bring in his own assistants?
I wouldn't worry too much about it. In college baseball, the head coach is usually the difference maker more so than football. Garido, maneri, and I'm sure others win anyway. Look at Tanner, he went from toman and meyers to monte then Holbrook and Calvi, then back to Meyers. If Kingston is the real deal, he'll do ok if he loses a coach or two.

Sounds like another coach we know and love. A friend mentioned this...Ray sees a younger version of himself in CMK. A guy who stresses fundamentals and has hard practices. We've not had that for a few years.
Similar to what Augie Garrido stated made him a successful coach. That he hated mental mistakes. That baseball is a complicated game, just not that complicated.

He seems alright. At the very least, we are in better hands than we were, I think. Thing is, and pardon the pun, he needs to be a "home run" hire.

Listening to Coach Kingston introductory at todays press conference, he reminds of Coach Muschamp (recruiting vision) and Coach Martin (work ethics, and life after college//professional sports). I am excited to have Coach Kingston is here. What I really like about what Coach Kingston said today is his philosophy on offense which is power and speed.

They usually pick their own staff, but in many cases the top assistant is promoted to replace them at the previous school. Just as he's expecting in this case.
I'm sure there is already a long list of top coaches who want to be a part of this program along with the money. I know nothing about his pitching coach other than what I've read on here. I'm sure we can pay more than SF. Do you take a head coaching position at a lower tier program with not much money, or come to Carolina as an assistant coach with better pay and an opportunity to pad your resume for bigger things in the future.

Haven't heard anything about current players but he said Whit Merrifield sent him a text welcoming him, that's pretty cool
All I have heard is what he said about talking to the team before the presser. Love his ideas about speed and power and he is really isn't a fan of small ball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT