ADVERTISEMENT

Well finally not a break for clempson, no night game for FSU

uscusc1987

May 30, 2008
Game will be played at 3:30. I know some will post who cares or we need to focus on TexasAM. For those posters we can talk about more than one thing at a time. You can just ignore the post. Not having to play a night game at Clempson is advetageous to FSU.

Yes because look what happened last time FSU had to play under the lights at DV..... Oh yeah it was total domination by the Noles!
But this time FSU doesn't have a heisman QB and they arent going to win the national champ. I agrree with the OP. It's better for FSU to play in the afternoon as opposed to a night game.

My god. Clempson is much better than two years ago. You think playing at 8pm instead of 3 30 would be better for FSU's chances? Ok.

They msy, but those thinking FSU isnt capable of winning are crazy. They have a QB, running back, and a strong defense with speed side to side. They have won the acc 15 of the 23 years they have been a member.

They msy, but those thinking FSU isnt capable of winning are crazy. They have a QB, running back, and a strong defense with speed side to side. They have won the acc 15 of the 23 years they have been a member.

Oh I concur - FSU has the talent to beat CU. I just think that last year has been riding on their (CU) coattails since that game ended.

We'll see what we'll see.

Peace

The worst thing that could happen for Clemson is FSU losing the way they did at Georgia Tech. They will not be amused when they visit the redneck house.

Reactions: Cock_Donor
Stop Cook and you stop FSU. They only have one loss because of a ridiculously easy schedule, as do all ACC schools. Don't think it will be close. They struggled to beat Miami, by 4, at home.

Reactions: Anna_Nimmitty
Taters barely beat Louiseville. FSU beat them by 20. If you r comparing opponents both have played. The thing is every week is different

Taters barely beat Louiseville. FSU beat them by 20. If you r comparing opponents both have played. The thing is every week is different

And FSU beat Miami in tally by 5. Clemson beat them in Miami by 58. That doesn't work. Clem like it or not is much better than anyone left on the schedule

I don't think FSU will win but they have plenty of athletes to give Clemson a game. It'll be closer than a lot of people think.

I don't think it takes much thought to realize playing a day game rathervyhsn a night game is better for FSU. That is all i was saying. If you disagree fine. If we were decent I would be happy our next two road games aren't at night.

IMHO the OP's right day games are a little easier on the visitor IF they're very early (Noon or even earlier) as the home team fans don't get the chance to 'get in the mood' like they do for a night game - i.e., the build-up and anticipation BUT mid/late afternoon games usually dissolves that slight edge 'cause reality is they'll start tailgating at 9 AM (a LOT of them) and be as crazy by 3:30 as otherwise .. what'll help FSU in a win by NC State THIS WEEK - right now NCS is a 10.5 point home 'dog'.

I'm hoping the 11AM (CT) kickoff at aTm this weekend helps us against their famous "12th man". 'Bama shut 'em up but it hasn't happened too often there in the last few seasons. They looked bad on the road against ole' Miss but it's usually different for them at home. We'll see - right now we're getting 16.5 ...

... but I think we'll surprise some people and play pretty well. For sure it'll be full and it'll be loud.

Of course, Clemson gets this game at home. Seriously, if they don't win it all this year then that's a massive fail. I mean, come on, they started the year against two FCS schools, Louisville sucks, GT was overrated, ND lost their starting QB at the beginning of the year, they got all their tough games at home, we're in another down year, and they get to avoid Pittsburgh, North Carolina, and Duke. *sigh The football God's are smiling at Clemson this year. Unreal the amount of luck they're getting this year.

Of course, Clemson gets this game at home. Seriously, if they don't win it all this year then that's a massive fail. I mean, come on, they started the year against two FCS schools, Louisville sucks, GT was overrated, ND lost their starting QB at the beginning of the year, they got all their tough games at home, we're in another down year, and they get to avoid Pittsburgh, North Carolina, and Duke. *sigh The football God's are smiling at Clemson this year. Unreal the amount of luck they're getting this year.

Quick fact check (again). Our friends from Boone are an FBS school. If you extend the AP poll out to the others receiving votes, App State is #33, not far behind #30 Georgia. They have won 12 of their last 13 games with their only loss of course coming to Clemson. They look poised to earn a bowl bid this year too.

Injuries are a part of the game. I wouldn't call losing your top receiver (Mike Williams) on a freak injury in game one an "unreal amount of luck." Championship teams find a way to overcome. ND appears to be doing this because their current QB is legit.

I don't see Clemson losing before the playoffs. The ACC is putrid and we won't put up much more of a fight than Miami did.

Quick fact check (again). Our friends from Boone are an FBS school. If you extend the AP poll out to the others receiving votes, App State is #33, not far behind #30 Georgia. They have won 12 of their last 13 games with their only loss of course coming to Clemson. They look poised to earn a bowl bid this year too.

Injuries are a part of the game. I wouldn't call losing your top receiver (Mike Williams) on a freak injury in game one an "unreal amount of luck." Championship teams find a way to overcome. ND appears to be doing this because their current QB is legit.
Another tater seeking our validation.

You really comparing app st to georgia? lol

We didnt play 2 FCS schools.

App St is probably the best school in the state of NC.

Louisville will be a bowl team by the end of the year and will more than likely beat Kentucky AGAIN this year.

GT was overrated. ND is in a down year? Hmm that is news to me and the AP poll. (They are ranked in the top 10)

We will not avoid Pitt UNC and Duke one of those three will meet us in Charlotte for the ACCCG if we win out.

The pressure mounts for clemsux regardless but they traditionally like day games anyway. I think Miami took the day off. If you read the celebrations on Golden being fired...it makes sense that they didn't play well. Not saying they threw the game, they were just not in it at all.

And FSU beat Miami in tally by 5. Clemson beat them in Miami by 58. That doesn't work. Clem like it or not is much better than anyone left on the schedule
Like I said EVERY week is different. You choose to compare the games against Miami instead of games against Louiseville. Again not saying FSU beats taters, but they are the only decent team they have left and did beat a similar opponent by 20 where taters won by 3.

Reality is ACC is just TERRIBLE. Since FSU is down they really go a whole season playing an EASY schedule. Not much as far as football environments on game day, but they are easy wins

I think Clemson wins big against FSU at night in Dung Valley. In the afternoon, they still win. I have watched FSU a few times and they are not the same team from the last two years. They have a few weapons, but they can't beat you at every position.

And the ACC is obviously down. UNC is 6-1 right now. That should tell you a lot. No quality out of conference wins other than Clemson over ND (unless you count wins over bad Nebraska and Purdue teams).

Clemson wins out and then who knows in a playoff. I haven't seen any team look dominant week in and week out. Michigan St., TCU, Clemson, Bama, OSU, etc. have all had struggles at one point or another.

Last ACC title clemson beat FSU at 3:30

GAME INFO
Date - Saturday, September 24 2011 3:30PM
Location - Clemson Memorial Stadium
Attendance - 82000

Fla. St. was the worst undefeated team in the nation prior to losing to GT last week. They have a pretty good defense but the offense is not very good unless playing against a pitiful defense.

We didnt play 2 FCS schools.

App St is probably the best school in the state of NC.

Louisville will be a bowl team by the end of the year and will more than likely beat Kentucky AGAIN this year.

GT was overrated. ND is in a down year? Hmm that is news to me and the AP poll. (They are ranked in the top 10)

We will not avoid Pitt UNC and Duke one of those three will meet us in Charlotte for the ACCCG if we win out.

App st might as well be a D-2 school with that schedule.

Louisville will probably get to a bowl because of their ridiculously easy schedule. They still suck though.

Never said ND was in a down year.

And you're right about Pitt/Duke/North Carolina. Completely slipped my mind about Clemson playing them in the conference title game.

Either way, Go Nole's.

zfNPTLu.gif

Reactions: IBleedUSC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT