ADVERTISEMENT

Well you Spurrier haters got your wish

No offense but he hasn't been "STEVE FRIGGING SPURRIER" for about 2 years now. We will hate to see him go and maybe have some rough times ahead but Spurrier bowed out a while ago.

Now who do you think we'll get to replace STEVE FRIGGIN SPURRIER!?? Before the Vandy game?
Wow....I don't think there is one Gamecock Spurrier hater. They hate what has happened to the program and thought a change was needed. Spurrier must have agreed. Who needs this crap at his age. The best thing he could do is hit the beach and the golf course....I mean come on...that's heaven at this time of his life. We will get a good replacement....take a pill...

I have to admit, I have been critical of him this year and have said I thought it was time to retire. Now I feel a bit bad about it. Imagine if you were in his position and thousands of people were telling you that you're too old and you aren't good anymore. Of course, at the same time, he doesn't seem to have the fire he did. We need a coach who really understands today's recruits, and who will spend the time on the recruiting trail trying to right the ship. Spurrier is an all time great, and he deserves the recognition for what he has done here

Wow....I don't think there is one Gamecock Spurrier hater. They hate what has happened to the program and thought a change was needed. Spurrier must have agreed. Who needs this crap at his age. The best thing he could do is hit the beach and the golf course....I mean come on...that's heaven at this time of his life. We will get a good replacement....take a pill...
I'm not the one who needs to take a pill.

Oh please. Stop being a drama queen. No one "hates" Spurrier. He wasn't getting it done and it was time for change. No one can deny what he did for this program but all things end at some point.
Are you one of the drama queens who've been posting, pouting & wanting him to leave?

Like the posters on message board had anything to do with this. Get over yourself.
Haha. Like this crap doesn't carry over to the media. It's just contained on this board. Our little secret. Seriously? Sounds like you should get over yourself.

Not a Spurrier hater but he was doing little coaching anyway. It's a helluva lot more important who coaches us after the Clemson game than who coaches the Vandy game.

Are you one of the drama queens who've been posting, pouting & wanting him to leave?
I'm one who listened to Spurrier and demanded more. If you liked him so much, why didn't you listen to him?
Just do the old "nanny nanny boo boo" and be done with it.

You guys can't be this stupid can you? No one hates Spurrier. I personally wanted him to step down because of his age and the fact that things probably won't get better with him as coach. This doesn't mean that I cannot be grateful that the man pulled this program out of the grave to relavency.

It isn't "either or". You can be both critical of him for the past two seasons and you can be thankful for all of the GREAT things he has done for the university. The GREAT things he has done FAR outweigh the past two seasons.

Last edited:
You guys can't be this stupid can you? Nobone hates Spurrier. I personally wanted him to step down because of his age and the fact that things probably won't get better with him as coach. This doesn't mean that I cannot be grateful that the man pulled this program out of the grave to relavency.

It isn't "either or". You can be both critical of him for the past two seasons and you can be thankful for all of the GREAT things he has done for the university. The GREAT things he has done FAR outweigh the past two seasons.
Well, there were alot of stupid people calling for his head. After 11 win season just 24 months ago.

Reactions: CliffordII
I'm one who listened to Spurrier and demanded more. If you liked him so much, why didn't you listen to him?
Just do the old "nanny nanny boo boo" and be done with it.
And now the de-commitments begin. Ya'll will have more to gloat about soon.

And now the de-commitments begin. Ya'll will have more to gloat about soon.
Now they begin? Have you been under a rock? I'm sure some will decommit, casualties are common in situations like this. It's the cost of doing business.
Look, if you were satisfied, then so be it. Im not lowering myself to your expectations, regardless of any guilt trip you try to throw out there.

Reactions: robertcock
Now they begin? Have you been undrr a rock? I'm sure some will decommit, casualties are common in situations like this. It's the cost of doing business.
Look, if you were satisfied, then so be it. Im not loweri g myself to your expectations, regardless of any guilt trip you try to throw out there.
Yes, they begin for this recruiting class. Just announced a 4 star de-commits. I bet you'd like the entire staff to leave mid-season, too. Maybe more will de-commit? Pop a cork & celebrate!

Yes, they begin for this recruiting class. Just announced a 4 star de-commits. I bet you'd like the entire staff to leave mid-season, too. Maybe more will de-commit? Pop a cork & celebrate!
Maybe. Maybe not. I'm pretty sure I stated that we will have casualties. It's not surprising.

Oh please. Stop being a drama queen. No one "hates" Spurrier. He wasn't getting it done and it was time for change. No one can deny what he did for this program but all things end at some point.

This^^^. Spurrier hasn't even been calling plays for the most part which was what he always loved. He needs some rest. Thanks for the memories

Reactions: G-C-Gamecock
I know. If we could only find the winningest coach in Carolina's history...oh, wait. We had him...until tonight.
For goodness sakes...
AF4_certified_drama_queen.jpg

When Coach quit calling plays, he was done. Think about it, he is not a good recruiter, he hates it. He wouldn't know a good defense if he saw one. He didn't know much about blocking schemes or running plays. He got tired and frustrated when players listened more to agents than him about not playing because they could get hurt and ruin draft status. All he wanted to do was call plays and play golf. He wanted someone else to do the rest. It caught up with him. The worst thing that happened to us was winning the Independence Bowl last year. He was done until that happened and we talked him into coming back. Now, we are three years behind in being a contender again and that is only if we get a decent coach. Give me a young coach who spends the night in his car in a Mobile high school parking lot in order to catch that 5 star linebacker before he makes his first class at 8:00 am.

Reactions: bmhood1984
You're one of the most negative posters on here, so i'm sure you're in hog heaven.
I am positive...that's not true.....I am a Gamecock first.....and the program had a great run under a great coach and he stepped down because he was tired of doing it. I'll let you in on a little secret....he didn't ask me....seriously. He didn't. He wants to enjoy the rest of his life....spending his money, beach, golf, travel....yea that will be Hell on him. You want him to die on the sideline.....I want him to enjoy life...he earned it and we deserve better for the program.

Reactions: jonesz21
I am positive...that's not true.....I am a Gamecock first.....and the program had a great run under a great coach and he stepped down because he was tired of doing it. I'll let you in on a little secret....he didn't ask me....seriously. He didn't. He wants to enjoy the rest of his life....spending his money, beach, golf, travel....yea that will be Hell on him. You want him to die on the sideline.....I want him to enjoy life...he earned it and we deserve better for the program.
Nooooooo! Say it aint so. You arent Spurrier's consultant? Amazing. Nobody's believing that you're a positive person. Nobody.

And you're just concerned about Spurrier's well-being. Right! LMAO.

If you take the emotion out of the equation, you have a coach that brought a lot of needed media attention to the University of South Carolina. For a long time, our team was seen on television almost every week. During his tenure, he and his staff were able to recruit some of the best talent in the state. However, in his first five years with the program, his overall record was 35-28. His SEC record was 18-22. Can you think of any other program in the SEC that would have kept their own coach following this specific five year run? His record in 2005 was 7-5, in 2006 it was 8-5, in 2007 it was 6-6, in 2008 it was 7-6, and in 2009 in was 7-6. During those first five years, they went bowling four time and only won once...once! So again I ask you, would any other program in the country have stayed with any coach following this same record over a five year stretch? He was also 2-3 against Clemson at that point in his career too...not that it mattered because our main goal every year was to win the East and go to Atlanta. During his peak run at Carolina, he won 33 regular season games and lost only six games between 2011 and 2013. However, even during this run there was not a single trip to Atlanta. Our team lost AT HOME to an inferior Auburn team in 2011 knocking us from the ranks of the unbeaten. A second loss to Arkansas kept us from going to Atlanta that year. In 2012, we lost to both LSU and Florida and in 2013 we lost to an inferior Tennessee team in Knoxville that coupled with the loss to Georgia kept us out of Atlanta again. Georgia fans have hounded Mark Richt for less than that over his career in Athens. Without a doubt, those three years and the five year run against Clemson were something I never thought I would ever experience at Carolina (Class of 1980). However, even the coach himself made it clear when he arrived that losing was not something to be tolerated. He did not believe in moral victories nor do I. When you are paid millions of dollars to win football games, then you need to win football games. And if you are going to win football games, then you better start recruiting those five star players we used to get. I have no desire to go back to my past and revisit the days of old where losing was accepted and moral victories ruled the day. He has proven it can be done here...now it is time to move forward with some new blood to re-charge this now stagnant program and bring it even higher. This is not about hate...its about maintaining those levels of expectations that we will win the SEC and accepting nothing less. Not even from him. He made something clear in his speech today..."OK, first of all, I'm resigning. I'm not retiring. I want to get that part straight." Of all people on this earth, he should understand that losing is not accepted anymore at Carolina.

Last edited:
you know good and damn well that spurrier comes on here and reads all these posts....lol....look out a monkey is gonna fly out of my butt.....ure givn this board too much credit....were not that relevant....we just bitch and whine to each other and occasionally say nice things to each other and sometimes say smart stuff about football

Well, genius, we came to the same collusion that Spurrier did. So what's your point?
Hey, mena member, Spurrier leaving was inevitable. He knew changes would have to be made. What I think is amazing is we have the winningest coach ever in school history and less than 24 months ago we were working on our 3rd 11 win season--2013.

Some idiots on here wanted spurrier gone last year and think we'll just go out & hire another HBC on the same level as Spurrier. We'll get there, but it wont be easy. How about Florida & muschamp. Looked good on paper, but didn't work out so well. Spurrier wasn't all of the problem and his leaving will not make everything perfect. He deserved better but people are short sighted.

you know good and damn well that spurrier comes on here and reads all these posts....lol....look out a monkey is gonna fly out of my butt.....ure givn this board too much credit....were not that relevant....we just bitch and whine to each other and occasionally say nice things to each other and sometimes say smart stuff about football
Spurrier wouldnt waste his time here. But the thoughts on here are a reflection of people on social media, at your workplace, in your neighborhoods, the fan base in general. There are crazy people everywhere! And this crap snowballs.

Now that he's gone, everything's not coming up roses. It'll be a long, bumpy road ahead. We'll not find another Steve Spurrier.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT