Welp... the flood gates are opened

Discussion in 'Fighting Gamecocks Forum' started by BobbyBReloaded1975, May 24, 2020 at 12:32 AM.

1. BobbyBReloaded1975

Expand Collapse

Holy S$&t it’s like a herd of wild buffalo down here in the Panhandle this weekend . Literally people piled on top of people on every beach and every restaurant. My daughter works at a fancy restaurant and they had people on a 4 hour wait !! Ain’t seen it this crazy in years . All the bars are still closed so everybody is just getting hammered on the water and on the beach . Hell i’m locking myself in until at least Wednesday . Not worried about the virus, just more worried about what all these crazies are gonna do after being couped up for so long . I bet Charleston and Myrtle beach are just as nuts . Went by the boat ramp this morning and it’s like a three stooges marathon .

2. Garnet chicken

Garnet chicken Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

3. Gamecockben1979

Gamecockben1979 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Herd stupidity is already much more prevalent

4. world famous 3rd base hecklers

world famous 3rd base hecklers Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

People have been cooped up for too long... I'm taking bets with Las Vegas stocks...

[​IMG]

5. JohnnySolo

JohnnySolo Member
    Expand Collapse

That can actually be hours of humor. I used to watch people on a small ramp in marathon fl from my balcony for hours. Free entertainment.

TheReelEss and Horseshoe 04 like this.
  6. SpurrierWalkedOnBeer

Expand Collapse

Memorial Day weekend. No sane person would dare fool with a beach or lake during this 4-day stretch.

ddw1263 likes this.
  7. BobbyBReloaded1975

Expand Collapse

Oh my god it’s better than a Monty python movie . Some of the stuff I see just boggles the mind

8. Gamecock Lifer

Gamecock Lifer Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

More evidence of why the lockdowns meant nothing. All it did was drive people crazy with boredom so that when anything is opened it is mobbed with people! If they want us to avoid groups the dumbest thing they could have done is make a bunch of stores and places close so anyone who does leave their house is forced into a massive crowd at the grocery or hardware stores they go to. Nothing about this made sense from the start, it did nothing to stem the spread and now people are aggressively congregating together in defiance. Not only did we commit financial suicide, we did for NOTHING. The only option that might have helped would have been early quarantines of hot zones like NYC, but Cuomo got all butthurt at the mention of that so we tried to shut down the whole world instead of just a few places... And now instead of a few small corners of America being affected, the virus spread everywhere AND we ruined the whole country! Brilliant... Our financial stimulus measures after this idiotic lockdown will amount to the Old Vietnam saying of “we cut them in half with a machine gun then give them a bandaid”. Just mindless nonsense that will not stave off the inevitable financial collapse. We are fortunate to live in a state that seems to be reopening about as early and as fast as anyone else. I pity the poor fools who live in place like California or Michigan.

bucketdad and Expro19 like this.
  9. JohnnySolo

JohnnySolo Member
    Expand Collapse

I don’t pity any California morons.

10. JohnnySolo

JohnnySolo Member
    Expand Collapse

I have in laws that live there and they are liberal whackos

lawcalcock likes this.
  11. scbarbqu

scbarbqu Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

12. scbarbqu

scbarbqu Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

In 2-4 weeks, check the numbers from these idiotic areas.

13. TheReelEss

TheReelEss Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Lake Wateree level is up in people's yards and under their porches with debris floating in it and it's still full of boaters. I rode around there a bit today.

14. TheReelEss

Expand Collapse

Honestly, we can't sit at home and wait the virus out. It will still be there. Some level of exposure will be necessary to achieve herd immunity. They're doing the work for the rest of us. I would hope we could get a vaccine like the one that eradicated polio. But we have flu vaccines and lots of people still get the flu every year.

15. Boom4life

Boom4life Member
    Expand Collapse

It was all for political gain and you will never convince me otherwise. The Democrats knew they would never defeat trump with the economy still high. They needed some kind of controversy. Call me a conspiracy theorist all you want.

Don’t confuse this with me believing the virus Is a hoax though. I believe it is real just not a serious as we were lead to believe.

16. badgrad

badgrad Member
    Expand Collapse

I am in Garden City this week. Ordered take out from a restaurant across the marsh and didn't see where the curbside parking was so walked in to check. "Hang on and we'll get your order" they said. In the waiting area people were shoulder to shoulder and a party of 14 was called to be seated. Not a mask in sight by customers or staff. I wear a mask only when I feel it's prudent, such as in a congested grocery store, but is it up to the restaurant whether or not the staff wears masks? Does it vary by town? Seems like in Columbia, all the restaurant employees wear masks for take out. I'm all for everyone getting back to business, but are the safety guidelines optional?

17. hillstosea

hillstosea Member
    Expand Collapse

I’m confused. We have heard so much that was supposed to be and wasn’t,or wasn’t but was. So many statements and predictions by powers that be I don’t have complete faith in. I declare,I truly don’t have confidence with whichever direction we go from here

TheReelEss likes this.
  18. TheReelEss

Expand Collapse

If there's one thing you can't believe these days it's a politician.

hillstosea likes this.
  19. TheReelEss

Expand Collapse

Presumably, warm temps weaken the virus, so perhaps this is just the thing we need.

20. hillstosea

hillstosea Member
    Expand Collapse

you can’t believe politicians and look at the medical and science experts. From beginning to now they’ve been all over the map. ReelEss,I’m weary and feel like I’m hanging on at this point. Have to fall back on a theme I’ve latched onto over the years. “It can always be worse “ That thought has gotten me through some tough things

21. SpurrierWalkedOnBeer

Expand Collapse

That ain’t a very big lake.

22. bayrooster

bayrooster Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I bet less than 1% end up hospitalized for COVID19.

23. ForeignCock

ForeignCock Member
    Expand Collapse

The virus' mortality rate seems to be 5 - 7.5%. It kills fat and/or old people, primarily

I'm hoping the roads are easier to navigate after the vaccine/herd immunity

24. hillstosea

hillstosea Member
    Expand Collapse

What do you mean roads easier to navigate?

25. jedi_mike

jedi_mike Member
    Expand Collapse

I could be wrong,didn’t bother to look it up but I believe the majority of people don’t get the flu vaccine.

26. Boom4life

Boom4life Member
    Expand Collapse

average is around 40% of adults get a flu vaccine a year.