ADVERTISEMENT

Welp... the flood gates are opened

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyBReloaded1975

Oct 26, 2019
Holy S$&t it’s like a herd of wild buffalo down here in the Panhandle this weekend . Literally people piled on top of people on every beach and every restaurant. My daughter works at a fancy restaurant and they had people on a 4 hour wait !! Ain’t seen it this crazy in years . All the bars are still closed so everybody is just getting hammered on the water and on the beach . Hell i’m locking myself in until at least Wednesday . Not worried about the virus, just more worried about what all these crazies are gonna do after being couped up for so long . I bet Charleston and Myrtle beach are just as nuts . Went by the boat ramp this morning and it’s like a three stooges marathon .

Holy S$&t it’s like a herd of wild buffalo down here in the Panhandle this weekend . Literally people piled on top of people on every beach and every restaurant. My daughter works at a fancy restaurant and they had people on a 4 hour wait !! Ain’t seen it this crazy in years . All the bars are still closed so everybody is just getting hammered on the water and on the beach . Hell i’m locking myself in until at least Wednesday . Not worried about the virus, just more worried about what all these crazies are gonna do after being couped up for so long . I bet Charleston and Myrtle beach are just as nuts . Went by the boat ramp this morning and it’s like a three stooges marathon .

People have been cooped up for too long... I'm taking bets with Las Vegas stocks...

9pG-lA.gif

Memorial Day weekend. No sane person would dare fool with a beach or lake during this 4-day stretch.

More evidence of why the lockdowns meant nothing. All it did was drive people crazy with boredom so that when anything is opened it is mobbed with people! If they want us to avoid groups the dumbest thing they could have done is make a bunch of stores and places close so anyone who does leave their house is forced into a massive crowd at the grocery or hardware stores they go to. Nothing about this made sense from the start, it did nothing to stem the spread and now people are aggressively congregating together in defiance. Not only did we commit financial suicide, we did for NOTHING. The only option that might have helped would have been early quarantines of hot zones like NYC, but Cuomo got all butthurt at the mention of that so we tried to shut down the whole world instead of just a few places... And now instead of a few small corners of America being affected, the virus spread everywhere AND we ruined the whole country! Brilliant... Our financial stimulus measures after this idiotic lockdown will amount to the Old Vietnam saying of “we cut them in half with a machine gun then give them a bandaid”. Just mindless nonsense that will not stave off the inevitable financial collapse. We are fortunate to live in a state that seems to be reopening about as early and as fast as anyone else. I pity the poor fools who live in place like California or Michigan.

Memorial Day weekend. No sane person would dare fool with a beach or lake during this 4-day stretch.
Lake Wateree level is up in people's yards and under their porches with debris floating in it and it's still full of boaters. I rode around there a bit today.

In 2-4 weeks, check the numbers from these idiotic areas.
Honestly, we can't sit at home and wait the virus out. It will still be there. Some level of exposure will be necessary to achieve herd immunity. They're doing the work for the rest of us. I would hope we could get a vaccine like the one that eradicated polio. But we have flu vaccines and lots of people still get the flu every year.

More evidence of why the lockdowns meant nothing. All it did was drive people crazy with boredom so that when anything is opened it is mobbed with people! If they want us to avoid groups the dumbest thing they could have done is make a bunch of stores and places close so anyone who does leave their house is forced into a massive crowd at the grocery or hardware stores they go to. Nothing about this made sense from the start, it did nothing to stem the spread and now people are aggressively congregating together in defiance. Not only did we commit financial suicide, we did for NOTHING. The only option that might have helped would have been early quarantines of hot zones like NYC, but Cuomo got all butthurt at the mention of that so we tried to shut down the whole world instead of just a few places... And now instead of a few small corners of America being affected, the virus spread everywhere AND we ruined the whole country! Brilliant... Our financial stimulus measures after this idiotic lockdown will amount to the Old Vietnam saying of “we cut them in half with a machine gun then give them a bandaid”. Just mindless nonsense that will not stave off the inevitable financial collapse. We are fortunate to live in a state that seems to be reopening about as early and as fast as anyone else. I pity the poor fools who live in place like California or Michigan.

It was all for political gain and you will never convince me otherwise. The Democrats knew they would never defeat trump with the economy still high. They needed some kind of controversy. Call me a conspiracy theorist all you want.

Don’t confuse this with me believing the virus Is a hoax though. I believe it is real just not a serious as we were lead to believe.

I am in Garden City this week. Ordered take out from a restaurant across the marsh and didn't see where the curbside parking was so walked in to check. "Hang on and we'll get your order" they said. In the waiting area people were shoulder to shoulder and a party of 14 was called to be seated. Not a mask in sight by customers or staff. I wear a mask only when I feel it's prudent, such as in a congested grocery store, but is it up to the restaurant whether or not the staff wears masks? Does it vary by town? Seems like in Columbia, all the restaurant employees wear masks for take out. I'm all for everyone getting back to business, but are the safety guidelines optional?

Reactions: DukeDenver
Honestly, we can't sit at home and wait the virus out. It will still be there. Some level of exposure will be necessary to achieve herd immunity. They're doing the work for the rest of us. I would hope we could get a vaccine like the one that eradicated polio. But we have flu vaccines and lots of people still get the flu every year.
I’m confused. We have heard so much that was supposed to be and wasn’t,or wasn’t but was. So many statements and predictions by powers that be I don’t have complete faith in. I declare,I truly don’t have confidence with whichever direction we go from here

Reactions: TheReelEss
I’m confused. We have heard so much that was supposed to be and wasn’t,or wasn’t but was. So many statements and predictions by powers that be I don’t have complete faith in. I declare,I truly don’t have confidence with whichever direction we go from here
If there's one thing you can't believe these days it's a politician.

Presumably, warm temps weaken the virus, so perhaps this is just the thing we need.

you can’t believe politicians and look at the medical and science experts. From beginning to now they’ve been all over the map. ReelEss,I’m weary and feel like I’m hanging on at this point. Have to fall back on a theme I’ve latched onto over the years. “It can always be worse “ That thought has gotten me through some tough things

I bet less than 1% end up hospitalized for COVID19.

Reactions: TheReelEss
The virus' mortality rate seems to be 5 - 7.5%. It kills fat and/or old people, primarily

I'm hoping the roads are easier to navigate after the vaccine/herd immunity

I could be wrong,didn’t bother to look it up but I believe the majority of people don’t get the flu vaccine.

I will say I went to the beach, no mask and people keep to themselves and played on the beach, and in the ocean...

It was like a normal day at the beach families being on the beach. In the past, I have never seen strangers sitting next to each other... It's usually friends and family sitting next to each other on the beach...

These politicians from governors who want to keep you off the beach down to the local city council who are doubling and tripling on these parking fines; are finding ways to keep you off the beach while making sure you pay for access of freedom with fines...

BTW, the restaurant that I won't name; no one was wearing mask to service you inside or outside.. We were all sitting around in normal seating, not six feet a part...

Reactions: bayrooster
The virus' mortality rate seems to be 5 - 7.5%. It kills fat and/or old people, primarily

I'm hoping the roads are easier to navigate after the vaccine/herd immunity

Considering that 2/3rds of Americans are overweight or obese (at least 40% obese), this could be the perfect storm.

Already our healthcare system was being dragged down by all the heart disease and other problems caused because people can’t stop shoving food in their faces - now we get this too. A couple of years back our total life expectancy actually went down (the only “1st world” country that happened to).

maybe this virus will result in more people taking care of themselves - I doubt it though, I’m sure one side will eventually say that being healthy is unAmerican and people will just keep cutting off their noses to spite their faces.

Considering that 2/3rds of Americans are overweight or obese (at least 40% obese), this could be the perfect storm.

Already our healthcare system was being dragged down by all the heart disease and other problems caused because people can’t stop shoving food in their faces - now we get this too. A couple of years back our total life expectancy actually went down (the only “1st world” country that happened to).

maybe this virus will result in more people taking care of themselves - I doubt it though, I’m sure one side will eventually say that being healthy is unAmerican and people will just keep cutting off their noses to spite their faces.

You need to understand that people want to live their lives the way they want to live them. If that Is enjoying good food than so be it. I would rather have a stroke at 50 or a massive heart attack at 45 than to eat health nut food. Believe me, I have tried it, but that stuff just taste plain awful. Give me my country fried steak and gravy and I will die a happy young man.

He means what you think he means? Not the first douche bag comment from him on this board about people dying from this.

That your compassionate, tolerant left who knows better than you.
He didn’t reply. Must know what a disgusting thing to say. Must not have any parents or grandparents

Reactions: nikolas22
I could be wrong,didn’t bother to look it up but I believe the majority of people don’t get the flu vaccine.
IDK either. But the ones that do help others not get the flu. Are the majority going to want the COVID-19 vaccine?

Y'all are trip with all the California hate. CA is easily the most fun state in the country. San Diego, LA, San Fran, Tahoe, Napa/Sonoma are all great places to visit. I usually make the trek out there every summer to party with friends who live in CA.

Exceptional food and music scenes across the state . Good skiing, beaches, and natural beauty. It's 1000% more fun that SC which basically just has Charleston as an interesting place to visit. But I do love Charleston - lived there for 5 years in the late 90's/early 2000's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT