ADVERTISEMENT

Welp... the flood gates are opened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all are trip with all the California hate. CA is easily the most fun state in the country. San Diego, LA, San Fran, Tahoe, Napa/Sonoma are all great places to visit. I usually make the trek out there every summer to party with friends who live in CA.

Exceptional food and music scenes across the state . Good skiing, beaches, and natural beauty. It's 1000% more fun that SC which basically just has Charleston as an interesting place to visit. But I do love Charleston - lived there for 5 years in the late 90's/early 2000's.
Not hating on California. A state blessed with so much. But highly question decision makers out there

Y'all are trip with all the California hate. CA is easily the most fun state in the country. San Diego, LA, San Fran, Tahoe, Napa/Sonoma are all great places to visit. I usually make the trek out there every summer to party with friends who live in CA.

Exceptional food and music scenes across the state . Good skiing, beaches, and natural beauty. It's 1000% more fun that SC which basically just has Charleston as an interesting place to visit. But I do love Charleston - lived there for 5 years in the late 90's/early 2000's.
We were supposed to make a family trip out there next month (only my wife has been before), but we’ve pushed it out to the beginning of August. Of course, L.A. extended their lockdown until August 1st the day after we change our flight. We’re just going to keep our eye on things and see what is reopened by the time we’re supposed to go on the 4th. Thankfully, we can change our flight as many times we need to with no change fees through the end of the year.

I had a guy's trip planned to SF for some concerts but that has been pushed into super of 2021. An old roommate of mine has a great condo on Russian Hill and a big house out in Marin. Plus another buddy lives in Napa and runs the vineyard maintenance for several l well know wineries - so we get the best of both worlds when we do a big trip out there.

I haven't rescheduled the flight but have a credit that I can use through the end of 2021.

I don’t pity any California morons.
It's the 8th largest economy in the world by itself and they put more into the U.S. in tax revenue than 20 South Carolinas, but of course screw them. Btw, South Carolina got around $7.87 for every dollar its citizens put in. It seems to me you should wishing them well since they are helping prop up the state. Here is to some perspective and hoping all Americans get out of this healthy and safe would be a better course.
I don’t pity any California morons.

I have been fortunate enough to travel all over the USA. With that said if I moved from SC, San Diego would be my first choice if going to a city. Montana if I’m looking for the rural life.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Yes the predictions have been so reliable, right? Biden said Trump was a xenophobe when he first instituted the travel ban from China. Fauci said initially masks wouldn`t make a difference(to clarify, the only place I do wear one is in a nursing home), Pelosi said everybody come to Chinatown and have a good time. New York said nursing homes had to take Covid-19 patients, the Washington Post(or NY TImes) said Gov. Kemp in Ga. was experimenting with "human sacrifice"(yes that was in the headline), the so-called "whistleblower"(they love that term - no he`s not he`s someone who got fired) predicts this will be the "darkest winter"(does anyone believe that crap?). Bottom line - 1) the virus is real 2) you don`t have much to worry about unless you are elderly and/or have bad health(yes there are exceptions - healthy teenagers have died from the flu also) 3) there is A LOT of hysteria still, most of which is promoted by Democrats, the left, etc. They want to blame Trump for whatever they can - willing to destroy the economy, jobs of average people, do anything they can to delay things getting back to normal. Sad but true. And they accuse Trump of politicizing the virus. Pelosi, Biden, Schiff, Schumer, CNN, MSNBC are a joke!!!

IDK either. But the ones that do help others not get the flu. Are the majority going to want the COVID-19 vaccine?
I get one every year from work.it may or may not keep you from getting it but from what I’ve been told it will help the symptoms if you do get it.people should get it if they can.

I get one every year from work.it may or may not keep you from getting it but from what I’ve been told it will help the symptoms if you do get it.people should get it if they can.
I do as well through my wife's work. I haven't ever had the flu that I can recall. I' know I've never tested positive for it. Our daughter did once. She hadn't had the shot or mist yet. But the wife and I avoided it. I'll get it at my regular doctor's office this year because it cost me $60 at the wife's work last time.

I do as well through my wife's work. I haven't ever had the flu that I can recall. I' know I've never tested positive for it. Our daughter did once. She hadn't had the shot or mist yet. But the wife and I avoided it. I'll get it at my regular doctor's office this year because it cost me $60 at the wife's work last time.

I got one at CVS last fall. It was free, plus they gave me a $5 coupon.

Reactions: TheReelEss
With that said if I moved from SC, San Diego would be my first choice if going to a city. Montana if I’m looking for the rural life.
Both are surprisingly pricey. An alternative is to live close enough to travel when you want. Travel out west is so different from the east.

Both are surprisingly pricey. An alternative is to live close enough to travel when you want. Travel out west is so different from the east.

It’s al relative, my profession gets paid considerably more out there. It would basically be a wash as far as cost of living vs income.

Reactions: Flameout12
Lake Wateree level is up in people's yards and under their porches with debris floating in it and it's still full of boaters. I rode around there a bit today.

Besides being Memorial Day, there is so much debris in the water from the heavy rains, I am not risking my boat or motor running over submerged wood. Add idiots and liquor to the mix and I will sit this one out

I don’t go to the beach or put the boat in the water on Memorial or Labor Day weekend ever . Hell i live here I can go during Sept and October when it’s 70 and not a soul in town . To many dumbasses . If I wasn’t such an observant boater i would kill enough jet skiers in a week to make a John Wick movie . I think those damn things should be outlawed .

Reactions: USC1st
I don’t go to the beach or put the boat in the water on Memorial or Labor Day weekend ever . Hell i live here I can go during Sept and October when it’s 70 and not a soul in town . To many dumbasses . If I wasn’t such an observant boater i would kill enough jet skiers in a week to make a John Wick movie . I think those damn things should be outlawed .
My family always had a house on L Wateree since before I was born so we always went. But we never tried to fish any time around a warm holiday. And after Labor Day the weekend and holiday warriors were mostly gone until next Memorial Day. September and October were good times as well as mid-to-late spring. That has changed a lot. It's crowded now and taxes eat you up. I stopped fishing there because I could never be alone on the water anymore except in winter. My sister and I sold the place last fall because neither of us used it enough to make the taxes worth it. I agree about the jet skiers. They just can't leave fishermen alone.

Last edited:

Taxes.

I believe kio57 was responding to my comment-question on foreigncock. fc made a statement he needs to explain. Bobbyfoosball and I think it was over the top. What’s your interpretation?

Foreigncock is wrong and I don't where he get the mortality rate between 5 - 7.5%.

The mortality rate is about less than .5%

You check housing market in MT?
Depends on where you want to live in Montana. If you want to live in Bozeman (with all the Californians), the prices are insanely expensive, but not as expensive as CA. But since Boom said he'd move to Montana for the "rural" life, I assume he wouldn't move out here only to relocate to one of the larger cities. There are a lot of smaller towns with more reasonable prices. But they definitely arent "cheap." I'd say it's about halfway between SC prices and CA prices. The days of buying a couple hundred acres for practically nothing are over. But that's pretty much status quo for the entire Rocky Mountain region.

you can’t believe politicians and look at the medical and science experts. From beginning to now they’ve been all over the map. ReelEss,I’m weary and feel like I’m hanging on at this point. Have to fall back on a theme I’ve latched onto over the years. “It can always be worse “ That thought has gotten me through some tough things
The scientists have been correct the entire time. By correct I mean they were honest by saying they weren’t quite sure how this would play out, because the virus is new. The only one that seemed pretty sure this thing would just go away was the president.

Yes the predictions have been so reliable, right? Biden said Trump was a xenophobe when he first instituted the travel ban from China. Fauci said initially masks wouldn`t make a difference(to clarify, the only place I do wear one is in a nursing home), Pelosi said everybody come to Chinatown and have a good time. New York said nursing homes had to take Covid-19 patients, the Washington Post(or NY TImes) said Gov. Kemp in Ga. was experimenting with "human sacrifice"(yes that was in the headline), the so-called "whistleblower"(they love that term - no he`s not he`s someone who got fired) predicts this will be the "darkest winter"(does anyone believe that crap?). Bottom line - 1) the virus is real 2) you don`t have much to worry about unless you are elderly and/or have bad health(yes there are exceptions - healthy teenagers have died from the flu also) 3) there is A LOT of hysteria still, most of which is promoted by Democrats, the left, etc. They want to blame Trump for whatever they can - willing to destroy the economy, jobs of average people, do anything they can to delay things getting back to normal. Sad but true. And they accuse Trump of politicizing the virus. Pelosi, Biden, Schiff, Schumer, CNN, MSNBC are a joke!!!
You do realize that Trump said this thing would just go away on its own several times right? You are a freakin dumbass.

It was all for political gain and you will never convince me otherwise. The Democrats knew they would never defeat trump with the economy still high. They needed some kind of controversy. Call me a conspiracy theorist all you want.

Don’t confuse this with me believing the virus Is a hoax though. I believe it is real just not a serious as we were lead to believe.
Not as serious as they’ve been saying eh? You do realize that despite lockdowns and masks and special hospital procedures, there have been 100,000 deaths in 3 months. Imagine if we had made no big deal of it as you would have chosen... over a million people would have died already. Great conspiracy theory. Maybe you and Joe Rogan should go check yourselves for brain damage.

The scientists have been correct the entire time. By correct I mean they were honest by saying they weren’t quite sure how this would play out, because the virus is new. The only one that seemed pretty sure this thing would just go away was the president.
That’s not true by a long shot. Go back to the beginning and you hear Fauci and other science and medical experts say and predict things they had to change their tune on many times. One thing Fauci said in March,in response to a reporter’s questioning Trump not listening to science, was and is true. He said everything he had told Trump he should do,he did. And everything he told Trump he shouldn’t do,he didn’t. Trump followed their advice though the media claimed otherwise. Fauci straightened them out

Yes I knew that but after reading the rest of FCs post you referred to it disgusted me so much I didn’t even want to respond. Go back and read the rest.

I was pretty much piggy backing off kio57's response.. "It never ceases to amaze me how selfish some people can be."

This virus effects elderly people and people with health issues... Not all, but some... My in-laws in their 90's was exposed to caregiver who has COVID 19, but luckily they tested negative... My father-in-law in his last stages of Parkinson's... The screener who screens these caregivers broke protocol and the caregiver who felt like she had the flu, didn't stay home sick...

Most of these deaths occur in the living assistants/nursing home and they need to be protected... But, its hard to protect them if the caregivers come in effected...

We should have never shut down the country, but protect the elderly and people who have immune deficiency...

Democrat governors are keeping people locked up and suppressing their freedom. They are wheeling their powers to shut the economy down just to hurt one man in the White House...

Reactions: hillstosea
I was pretty much piggy backing off kio57's response.. "It never ceases to amaze me how selfish some people can be."

This virus effects elderly people and people with health issues... Not all, but some... My in-laws in their 90's was exposed to caregiver who has COVID 19, but luckily they tested negative... My father-in-law in his last stages of Parkinson's... The screener who screens these caregivers broke protocol and the caregiver who felt like she had the flu, didn't stay home sick...

Most of these deaths occur in the living assistants/nursing home and they need to be protected... But, its hard to protect them if the caregivers come in effected...

We should have never shut down the country, but protect the elderly and people who have immune deficiency...

Democrat governors are keeping people locked up and suppressing their freedom and this to wheel their powers and shut the economy down to hurt one man in the White House...
I agree with you that we could have kept a lot of things going while protecting the elderly and pre-existing

Not as serious as they’ve been saying eh? You do realize that despite lockdowns and masks and special hospital procedures, there have been 100,000 deaths in 3 months. Imagine if we had made no big deal of it as you would have chosen... over a million people would have died already. Great conspiracy theory. Maybe you and Joe Rogan should go check yourselves for brain damage.

Who has confirmed that 100,000 have you literally checked every cause of death, na didn’t think so. Have you accounted for every single one of those, na didn’t think so. How many people do you know that have been covid positive. Bet it’s less than 3. Go be a scared liberal somewhere else. Some of us want to live our lives and let the chips fall where they may. Scientist said over a million would die when this thing first got started, all of a sudden we hit 100,000 and we are up in arms. I call bullshit on the whole thing. Yes it’s a virus, a virus that is being politicized to hell and back. Now run back to your hole and hide from that big bad virus. By the way 650,000 people die from heart disease every year. I don’t see the government forcing me to lose weight and excessive.

Reactions: davidusc
The virus' mortality rate seems to be 5 - 7.5%. It kills fat and/or old people, primarily

I'm hoping the roads are easier to navigate after the vaccine/herd immunity
The mortality rate isn't nearly that high in the US. This article puts it at 1.3%, but maybe lower since there are people out there who had the virus and never got sick. They're not included in the the statistics. Good healthcare in the US has a lot to do with the low rate here.
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-05-covid-death.html

Paramedic friends of mine in Florida are telling me they are testing accidentally deaths and natural deaths for covid and if test comes back positive they tag it as a covid death. True story! Hell he said they are even testing car death accident victims, OD's etc. Assuming too boost the numbers.

Paramedic friends of mine in Florida are telling me they are testing accidentally deaths and natural deaths for covid and if test comes back positive they tag it as a covid death. True story! Hell he said they are even testing car death accident victims, OD's etc. Assuming too boost the numbers.

That is a fact. That changes back when the cdc changes death protocols in March. I know several people in the medical profession and they all agree in this.

What I don’t understand is, how can people not realize that all facets of government have political ties. Even the Supreme Court which was never intended to be political is just that. The CDC, FBI and CIA are no different. Just look at the current events over the last 4-5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT