ADVERTISEMENT

We're expectations too high for this past football season?

Definitely. We were not a good 9-4 team last year. Thinking we could challenge UGA for the East was asinine. Put way too much emphasis on that game and crapped the bed.. set the tone for the season.

Probably. I think a lot of us remember the 11-2/5 straight vs Clemson and decided it shouldn't take long for Muschamp to pick up there and take a step forward.
We should have focused on the 7-6 and 3-9 finish, the depleted roster with no QB, no RB, no pass rushers, etc. My problem is this: granted, I don't know EXACTLY what the incoming players will become...but I STILL don't see any RBs or pass rushers. Maybe Pickens, but no one else is getting the fan base excited.
I think ANY coach coming in was looking at a 5 year rebuild. Problem is, I don't think Muschamp can/will get it done.

I expected our QB to play like a third year starter. Didn't happen. I expected our receiving corp to be at or near the top in the conference. Didn't happen. I expected a running back or two rise to the top of the heap. Didn't happen or wasn't allowed to happen idk. Those are where my expectations fell short. Can't say my expectations on defense wasn't met. Although I do think playing to defend the long ball while giving up short balls contributed to injuries in the secondary. I'd call that more of a disappointment in strategy than not meeting an expectation.

Whatever you want to call the new fresh expectation level now is zilch. This team and staff took any expectation level by the fans in a trash can put gas on them and lit a match.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Expectations are usually too high. But that is the case at every school.

When you look at a game like the Belk Bowl and absolutely give no credit beforehand to the team you are playing, like many did with UVA, is it any wonder that folks were upset? Why they thought since we are in the SEC we should automatically walk over them. Those were unrealistic expectations that lead to so much anger. Yes, we should have won, but they were not a team that was so much inferior to ours. Realistically, if we could have won, it would have been in a close game and high-scoring game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT