ADVERTISEMENT

We've got a good one going between Ole Miss and BYU

4thgengamecock

Aug 6, 2013
BYU was raining threes in the first half, and led 49-32 at the break. Ole Miss has stormed back, and now trails 57-50 with two free throws to come at the 12 minute time-out.

And now Ole Miss leads 72-68 at the eight minute timeout. Basically every shot this half has been either a dunk or a three.

Wow, what a comeback! Ole Miss scored more in the 2nd half against BYU than they scored against us for the entire game in the SECT.

Final: Ole Miss 94, BYU 90. Ole Miss scored 62 (yes, you read that right, 62) points in the second half. Both teams basically said "You know what? Screw it, I'll shoot a three." and both teams kept making them. Crazy game.

Every so often you'll see a post on here asking "why don't we recruit more white boys who can shoot?". The Ole Miss/BYU game is proof that you can recruit white, black, green, or yellow players who can shoot lights out, but if they can't play defense, you're no better off. BYU shot 52% from behind the 3 point line last night but the Cougars gave up 62 points in the second half (remember we only gave up 58 points total to Ole Miss in our last game). It felt like 2/3 of the points Ole Miss scored came on dunks.

Heck of a game. I didn't think that they could keep playing at that pace in the 2nd half but they did. It was like a horse race out there. I think by the end both teams might have been gassed. Nice to see Rhett have a good game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT