ADVERTISEMENT

What’s this about mobile tickets?

Rhizzlebop

Sep 30, 2009
I just read that the stadium will have new guidelines this year. It says only mobile tickets to enter the stadium.

I always buy my tickets outside the stadium.
How in the world would this work?
I’d pay someone and they forward me an email?

what’s to stop them from turning around and selling the ticket again and forwarding to someone else?

thoughts?

Reactions: TAV31
I just read that the stadium will have new guidelines this year. It says only mobile tickets to enter the stadium.

what’s to stop them from turning around and selling the ticket again and forwarding to someone else?

thoughts?
Well they said this last year and paper tickets existed. But yeah I would monitor it. Good news is there should be plenty of supply for the first home game to figure it out.

I bought tickets like this at another stadium, ahead of the game. I was curious, so I called the ticket office and they told me that there was no control over hom mnay times the tickets could be sold an emailed, and just to make sure I was the first one to the gate.

• Haha
Reactions: TAV31
My dad was very annoyed w the gamecock club this week. He never saw anything saying you had to request and pay an extra $20 now to have the paper tickets mailed to you. So now they have to figure out the mobile app for the first game. Which we are letting some friends go to the first game. So now it's even more complicated.

Reactions: carolinagirl79

thoughts?
That's not true. I saw that posted on another board. Someone from the ticket office responded and said printed tickets would be accepted like always. Good for folks that don't have smart phones.

I love the mobile tickets. I have used them for both WBB and FB. Very easy to transfer tickets or donate them if you can't attend.

Last edited:
Yea. I would not be comfortable buying an email from someone that they could turn around and resell. However I wonder what % of people have actually paid extra to get the paper tickets.

As a hint though, if wireless service is as "iffy" at WB as it is at the Krog. I would load your tix into your Apple Wallet or Google Pay before you leave for the stadium.

Don't just "Pull up the tix on screen". I made that mistake one game last year and "Fat-Fingered" the screen approaching the gate. I then could not get service to pull the tix back up. We had to go to the "Help" station and have a tech email our tix back to me to pull them back up on my phone.

I always loaded them into Google Pay after that.

What ticket company does the university use?

NFL uses Ticketmaster and it is very easy and secure to transfer tickets. They all have a unique serial number and do not use bar codes.

Yea. I would not be comfortable buying an email from someone that they could turn around and resell. However I wonder what % of people have actually paid extra to get the paper tickets.
Aren't your tix accessed thru TicketMaster? That's what UK uses. Once you've transferred your tix. You can no longer access them (unless someone transfers them back to you) to transfer them multiple times.

Yea. I would not be comfortable buying an email from someone that they could turn around and resell. However I wonder what % of people have actually j
Aren't your tix accessed thru TicketMaster? That's what UK uses. Once you've transferred your tix. You can no longer access them (unless someone transfers them back to you) to transfer them multiple times.
i don’t have tickets. I always go and buy tickets at the stadium from someone outside.

so if they are electronically transferred would I just need some kind of Ticketmaster login account and then I could buy and the seller does the transfer so they are then ONLY in my account? If so that makes this better.

thoughts?
The release was poorly worded. Paper tickets were requested by many season ticket holders.

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
Yea. I would not be comfortable buying an email from someone that they could turn around and resell. However I wonder what % of people have actually j

i don’t have tickets. I always go and buy tickets at the stadium from someone outside.

so if they are electronically transferred would I just need some kind of Ticketmaster login account and then I could buy and the seller does the transfer so they are then ONLY in my account? If so that makes this better.
Yes.

I assume once a mobile ticket aka e-ticket is scanned it can't be used again, so copying it or forwarding it means no one else will be able to use it (unless they get checked in first!).

Reactions: USC GRAD 84

thoughts?

Once you transfer tickets through the ticketmaster account, the barcode for previous tickets is voided. The tickets are voided as far as the person transferring them once.

Reactions: vehemon
What he said(SilverSpur02). And for anyone who tries to transfer electronically and also sell a hard ticket which is possible for those that requested paper tickets the ticket office will simply get in touch with you over the matter.

Reactions: Silverspur02
I assume once a mobile ticket aka e-ticket is scanned it can't be used again, so copying it or forwarding it means no one else will be able to use it (unless they get checked in first!).
With the Ticketmaster app, the seller can only transfer the ticket to one person. You cannot transfer the same ticket to multiple people at once. So the scenario you described is impossible.

Does anybody have the mobile pass? I bought two for myself and a friend. We each get the tickets by phone. But there are a few games where I want to use his when he can't go. It says no transfer. How can I get that ticket for my use?

What about 82,000 trying to get on the few towers around Willy B?
AT HOME - Download them to your phone's "wallet" if you have an iphone or to Google pay if you have an Android phone.

AT HOME- PRIOR TO COMING TO THE STADIUM!!!

AT HOME - in the comfort of your own living room/den with your own wifi where there is no interference.

Hope this answers your question @pepsicock

Only way to be 100 pct sure is to have the person you buy from walk you and whomever to the gate. The person at the gate scans the app and you hand the money to them and go in.

My dad was very annoyed w the gamecock club this week. He never saw anything saying you had to request and pay an extra $20 now to have the paper tickets mailed to you. So now they have to figure out the mobile app for the first game. Which we are letting some friends go to the first game. So now it's even more complicated.
It was annoying to figure everything out but this is a move in the right direction.

Will massively cutdown on overpriced scalpers and forces true authentication of valid tickets if you do actually buy tickets from someone.

A friend of mine gave me his tickets, after a few minutes of messing around... I now have official copies on my phone and able to download them directly to the phone incase internet is flaky when I walk in.

Probably because of this; I was able to get cockaboose tickets for the Florida game as well.

Fun side note; a older family friend of mine that's been up in arms about new voting registration and how people need to quit complaining about it and accept that a photo ID should be needed... is upset about not being able to use paper tickets... The twisted logic fallacies we weave ourselves in...

AT HOME - Download them to your phone's "wallet" if you have an iphone or to Google pay if you have an Android phone.

AT HOME - in the comfort of your own living room/den with your own wifi where there is no interference.

Or if you are really worried about trusting that... screenshot the QR codes to pull up in your photos.

Does anybody have the mobile pass? I bought two for myself and a friend. We each get the tickets by phone. But there are a few games where I want to use his when he can't go. It says no transfer. How can I get that ticket for my use?
Through the app, my buddy was able to 'Send' them to me through my email address I have registered. I'm now the official owner of the tickets according to the schools system.

Reactions: fowl_mood
I do not have a smart phone and I paid for paper tickets and they came last week.
Might as well start looking into it. A smart phone is going to be just as important as driver license eventually.

I know my glove box is happy that I'm not constantly storing DMV and insurance documents in it anymore.

But yea- the other poster makes the correct point - transfer from app to wallet before you leave for the game.

This is a very simple process. The NFL has been doing it for 3 seasons now and has a 97% adoption rate.

Last edited:
I assure you there are more than just a few cell towers around Willy b. It’s loaded with them. 5G towers are not as large as you think. In fact they can go on a standard light pole and do. There are 16 that I know of just in one small area around Willy b.

I know this because I had to locate them and gather some data so they could be approved and cleared by the FFA.

Reactions: Silverspur02

If it's a QR code you can probably screenshot it or save as PDF. I've had to do that with my airline boarding pass in some airports due to weak signal.

I assure you there are more than just a few cell towers around Willy b. It’s loaded with them. 5G towers are not as large as you think. In fact they can go on a standard light pole and do. There are 16 that I know of just in one small area around Willy b.

I know this because I had to locate them and gather some data so they could be approved and cleared by the FFA.

Did you install the new ones in Traditions Club area for the LOGE SEATING fans. My understanding is they will have internet at each "pod".

Did you install the new ones in Traditions Club area for the LOGE SEATING fans. My understanding is they will have internet at each "pod".
I did not. These were all in the Olympic mill side. They went on standard power poles. 3-4 were around the new practice facility and old farmers market.

That's not true. I saw that posted on another board. Someone from the ticket office responded and said printed tickets would be accepted like always. Good for folks that don't have smart phones.

I love the mobile tickets. I have used them for both WBB and FB. Very easy to transfer tickets or donate them if you can't attend.
Me too, glad we are finally in the 21st century & left Mayberry behind…

Reactions: USC GRAD 84
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT