ADVERTISEMENT

What Could Derail Our Season?

Carolina4

Oct 9, 2006
For me we can’t lose Jake Bentley. I know fans get frustrated with him, and I haven’t seen Scarnecchia play much but I hope we don’t have to see that.

If we were to lose Jake to injury, every game would be difficult outside of Chattanooga.

Are you a fairly new fan. I've been a diehard since the early 80's. I could write a book answering your question...but I'd rather not go there. In fact, I think you just cost me a night's sleep. Thanks.

Boo for this thread...c'mon there are a thousand things that can derail any football season for any team

I think you stated the scenario that is the most certain of destruction. That's worst case scenario and I really can't even bring myself to put it in writing. We'd be lucky to win 4 games.

Reactions: Carolina4
Are you a fairly new fan. I've been a diehard since the early 80's. I could write a book answering your question...but I'd rather not go there. In fact, I think you just cost me a night's sleep. Thanks.

I should’ve made it more clear...what is the biggest concern? Almost every team has a lot of the same issues. Obviously we can have injuries but some won’t derail the season. But to me, if we lose Bentley, we could have a really, really bad season. I’m not talking 7-5, I mean losing record if he was out early enough.

Been a Gamecock for 35 years.

Boo for this thread...c'mon there are a thousand things that can derail any football season for any team

I should’ve worded the question better. What is the one thing we can’t recover from? For me losing Bentley would be disasterous. We could lose other players and still have a respectable season. Lose Bentley and this will be a brutal year.

I should’ve made it more clear...what is the biggest concern? Almost every team has a lot of the same issues. Obviously we can have injuries but some won’t derail the season. But to me, if we lose Bentley, we could have a really, really bad season. I’m not talking 7-5, I mean losing record if he was out early enough.

Been a Gamecock for 35 years.

I would be scared to find this out, I think we could still back into a low level bowl, but I believe our offensive plans would shift, but we still have a lot of personnel other than Jake. The D would have to carry us & AJ Turner cause thats what he does. I don't enjoy thinking about this.

I think you stated the scenario that is the most certain of destruction. That's worst case scenario and I really can't even bring myself to put it in writing. We'd be lucky to win 4 games.

I give us 6 because we have a descent amount of our warriors that "aint going out like that" (Cypress Hill for the older folks)

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
The more reports I heard about Missouri the more they scare me. They have what many believe is the best passing QB in the nation and some great receivers.

If Bentley goes down, that will be the biggest thing that could bring them down.
I don't think they have to beat UGA, but they can't get blown out. That would severely damage the psyche.
As others have mentioned, the Kentucky game. The game on the schedule that all seem to take for granted every year, but the one that needs to be won on a consistent basis to not crush ultimate goals.

I give us 6 because we have a descent (sic) amount of our warriors that "aint going out like that" (Cypress Hill for the older folks)
doubtful that we will see any descent this year, as we are much better than decent

we had the same dependency on Jake last year

with fewer weapons and a discredited OC (and a little luck), we won nine games

this included our traditional clubbing of a Big Ten opponent on New Years Day

why would anyone be concerned about derailment at a time when we should all be pumped?

go cocks!

If we get pummeled by UGA...like get beat by 30+ this could put doubt in the players and could fall apart.
Been a long time since that has happened and with their loasss from last year, they’re way too young to do that to us early in the year. Won’t happen!

doubtful that we will see any descent this year, as we are much better than decent

we had the same dependency on Jake last year

with fewer weapons and a discredited OC (and a little luck), we won nine games

this included our traditional clubbing of a Big Ten opponent on New Years Day

why would anyone be concerned about derailment at a time when we should all be pumped?

go cocks!

Not concerned. Having discussion on a discussion board. It’s the week of football...so talking football.

Why would someone even ask a question like this? Nothing like a negative attitude, to open a brand new football season.

Reactions: woodruffcock
Metaphorically speaking, that upstate Cow U lying in the path of our Mighty Gamecock steam locamotive speeding down its 11-0 track record.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT