ADVERTISEMENT

What do you guys think it will take to get in the tournament?

If we can pull off a win today, there will be a glimmer of hope. It's a huge quad 1 opportunity and would get a lot people's attention. We've got a lot of work left to do to have any chance. This is a must win in my opinion outside of winning the SEC tournament.

Reactions: cockn'fyr
Right now we’re predicted to be a 7 seed in the NIT. We honestly need to win about 6-7 games in a row to even be on the radar.

Reactions: vacock#
If we beat Alabama today and beat Missouri, given remaining schedules for Florida, LSU, Miss St and we should finish 5th in the SEC ahead of Bama, LSU and Florida all bubble teams or better. We need to add back SC State and then win one in the SEC tournament. Win 2 in tournament and I think it will be difficult to leave us off, though that hasn’t prevented us from being left out in the past.

Not sure about this NET ranking, OU and OSU around the top 50 with 15-14 and 13-15 records respectively!

Reactions: TAV31
If we beat Alabama today and beat Missouri, given remaining schedules for Florida, LSU, Miss St and we should finish 5th in the SEC ahead of Bama, LSU and Florida all bubble teams or better. We need to add back SC State and then win one in the SEC tournament. Win 2 in tournament and I think it will be difficult to leave us off, though that hasn’t prevented us from being left out in the past.
I’ve heard people say we need to add back SC State but are we sure that is even possible? They’re definitely not going to play us and take a physical beating right before the MEAC tournament which is their one shot at the NCAA tournament. I think that ship has sailed.

Needed that one, now have to beat Mizzou and Auburn, then reassess! Can't remember a 3 point barrage like that!

Well, it’s getting dire now. We need a 5-6 game winning streak. And we need it right now.

With the expectation that they will beat Missouri and lose to Auburn (who won't be letting up as they try and secure the highest seed possible), I think USC will have to win 3 in the SEC tourney to even be in the discussion - which I guess means they have to make the championship game.

Need Vanderbilt to beat Florida tonight and
tomorrow night need Auburn to win over Mississippi State and Arkansas win over Louisiana State.

This team will not make the NCAA tourney.

People get their hopes up every year around this time - and then reality hits.

We all would easily know when we have a tourney team.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
This team will not make the NCAA tourney.

People get their hopes up every year around this time - and then reality hits.

We all would easily know when we have a tourney team.
Yep. Reality is other than a win over LSU what are we really holding on our resume to get an NCAA tournament birth. If we somehow catch fire, beat Auburn and win a couple of other resume building games in Tampa, we might could work our way to the edge of the bubble—I’m talking make it to the SEC title game. Even then I still think we wouldn’t make it. Anything less than that, and we’re in the NIT. Heck that’s not even a given.

Gotta win at least 3 in tourney, or 2 and Auburn. These two scenarios are probably NOT Happening. So my guess is NO Martin and company sitting home for the NCAA's again. This time they may however get an NIT spot if there is a post COVID NIT..

Well, goofball Lunardi has Memphis one of the last four in. Their resume isn’t much better than ours. They beat Alabama early and Houston a couple of weeks ago but that’s about it. One big win should vault us over them. But I don’t think it’s going to happen - not a win over Auburn or some top team in the tourney. But, you never know. That’s why we play the games.

As of now, it looks like South Carolina will play Mississippi State next Thursday in the the SEC tournament, but that could change if South Carolina wins this Saturday along with Alabama losing to LSU and Kentucky beating Florida.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT