ADVERTISEMENT

What does a loss to App State mean for the program?

Hopefully this won’t happen but if it does, is this the “straw” that brings about change?

It just means nothing has changed. We lost to Forman, twice to the Citadel, even the The College of The Pacific who dropped football the next year. App St. Is a good team.

Reactions: 1994Gamecock
It means we had no business scheduling them. Even with a W, we still had no business scheduling them when we should have a cupcake. Still want to know who was responsible for the moronic decision to schedule them not once, not twice, but 3 times!!! Does anyone know?

It means we had no business scheduling them. Even with a W, we still had no business scheduling them when we should have a cupcake. Still want to know who was responsible for the moronic decision to schedule them not once, not twice, but 3 times!!! Does anyone know?
With that logic, why would any team better than South Carolina schedule us?

Terrible scheduling decision. It’s a no win. Beat em and you were supposed to but lose and your terrible. Why does Carolina need this challenge with playing in the SEC and Clemson every year? App St is a proven giant killer. Why put this game on the calendar?

Reactions: cockofdawn
Terrible scheduling decision. It’s a no win. Beat em and you were supposed to but lose and your terrible. Why does Carolina need this challenge with playing in the SEC and Clemson every year? App St is a proven giant killer. Why put this game on the calendar?
Lose to a top-25, FBS, 7-1 team and you're terrible? Not following.

It means we are who we thought we were.

App State only lost by a couple of points to Penn State last year or the year before, I can't remember which year, and that lost came about in the closing seconds of the game.

Last edited:
It just means nothing has changed. We lost to Forman, twice to the Citadel, even the The College of The Pacific who dropped football the next year. App St. Is a good team.

I remember the lost to Pacific, too. That program was so strapped for cash, the team flew in the day of the game, they couldn't afford a hotel for the players. Now that one is real embarrassing.

Can u imagine if he had finished 8-3 that first yr......9-2 without the heartbreak loss to the Buckey twins & Lou

We played NC State the week before the App game and our defense got bruised up badly and if I remember correctly many of the 1st string defense didn't play at all in that game.

Last edited:
Appalachian lost to Tennessee in OT a couple of years ago and to Penn State in OT last year. Beat UNC and we didn't. It will be a good win.

We need to win this game, but folks need to stop comparing App St to the Citadel. This is a top 25 team that already beat a team that beat us. Just not the same situation at all.

Reactions: HI Cock
Not much ... would just prove what we all know . We’re just a bad football team . No sugarcoating . A loss to App State is no worse than losing to UT or UNC

Reactions: SOSUSC
This game is irrelevant, other than if it ends in a bad loss.

If we blow them out, it just shows that they were overrated. If we win unconvincingly or lose a close one, it just shows there's not much difference b/w us and App State.

A bad loss would show just how deficient the program is, and hopefully that would mean something to somebody who can do something about it.

Why worry about losses that haven't and may not happen? Isn't there enough negative around here without projecting future possible losses?

Yep, there really should be some type of platform where Gamecock fans could get together and discuss Gamecock sports, speculate on the outcome of games and their impact the program. Maybe one day....

My prediction: we'll pull out a win this weekend but lose the last two and miss a bowl.
Sorry no disrespect but some on this board have loser mentality... I prefer to think that we have a chance to win all 3.. I truly believe that too... I know our players think there gonna win a 3.. so I'm gonna roll with my team on it..

Sorry no disrespect but some on this board have loser mentality... I prefer to think that we have a chance to win all 3.. I truly believe that too... I know our players think there gonna win a 3.. so I'm gonna roll with my team on it..
More power to ya. Just basing my prediction off the inconsistency I've witnessed all season.

just look at it this way, In Boone, App state would probably be favored.. So Cocks best be ready.. This team can not overlook anyone, Having said that, i do think this team could win all 3 games remaining..

Reactions: Expro19
Hopefully this won’t happen but if it does, is this the “straw” that brings about change?
images

Reactions: 1994Gamecock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT