ADVERTISEMENT

What does a loss to App State mean for the program?

It means in four years we went from a program who lost to citadel to a program who lost to App State. That is our progress
I don't relish the thought of losing to App St but losing to them is not the same as losing to the Citadel. App St. is actually a decent FBS school. We should never lose to a team like the Citadel. They are an FCS school and not even a great one.

Lose to a top-25, FBS, 7-1 team and you're terrible? Not following.

It means we are who we thought we were.

lose to an unranked, non p5 team ,that just lost to Georgia southern at home and that wouldn't be bad? Not following

btw I think we win by +10.Hilinski and the rb's should have a good day.

Lose Saturday and you're looking at a 4-8 season in year 4, care to defend that?
lose to an unranked, non p5 team ,that just lost to Georgia southern at home and that wouldn't be bad? Not following

btw I think we win by +10.Hilinski and the rb's should have a good day.
The point is that people are acting like losing to App State is the end of the world. We already experienced that by losing to Tenn. They are a far worse opponent than App State. We aren't a terrible team, and losing to a 7-1 FBS team does not make it so. It only means that we aren't very good (or at least aren't very good consistently) - which is what we already know about ourselves.

The point is that people are acting like losing to App State is the end of the world. We already experienced that by losing to Tenn. They are a far worse opponent than App State. We aren't a terrible team, and losing to a 7-1 FBS team does not make it so. It only means that we aren't very good (or at least aren't very good consistently) - which is what we already know about ourselves.

We're pretty terrible. Did you watch the Hole, Missouri, & Tennessee games?

Reactions: SOSUSC
It's a dicey game for this coaching staff and Ray. A loss this weekend puts the weight of the world on them to come up with a win in games that they will be decided underdogs.

They can't afford to close this season with 3 straight losses and finish 4-8. They would likely lose the core fanbase at that point. Even if you find a way to win one against A&M or CU, you're still looking at bad losses to UNC, Missouri, Kentucky and App State. That's really shaky ground going into next season.

With that said, fully expect a victory this weekend.

Loss to App State at home means 4-8 unless we pull of an improbable upset of Texas A&M or Clemson. Lost a lot of games we shouldn't have, just not good enough in year 4 imo. Any respectable program would clean house after that, but who knows what will happen with us.

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
Lose to a top-25, FBS, 7-1 team and you're terrible? Not following.

It means we are who we thought we were.
That's another way of saying it confirmed our worst fears about the team.

There's no law that says we can't exceed expectations. In fact, we will HAVE to do just that to get to where we want to be.

Hopefully this won’t happen but if it does, is this the “straw” that brings about change?
How did a loss versus The Citadel affect the program? App. State was ranked before they crapped the bed vs. Georgia Southern, so I am sure the powers that be will come up with some excuse.

just look at it this way, In Boone, App state would probably be favored.. So Cocks best be ready.. This team can not overlook anyone, Having said that, i do think this team could win all 3 games remaining..

I've been a fan since 1968. We've never had a team that could overlook anyone and that includes Spurrier's 11 win teams.

We are playing APPALACHIAN STATE and losing to them would be *unacceptable*

That we are having this conversation...I cant even believe it...

Very frustrating to be where we are
Losing to a previously-ranked, 1 loss team is unacceptable? It wouldn't be great ,sure. But unacceptable is a strong word for a loss to a decent team. They are about as good as we are, and they beat UNC, a feat we failed to accomplish. Given the performance against a common opponent, don't be surprised or upset when we have to play this team tough.

It's time to learn a lesson most people who played organized football learned at some point. Stop looking at the name on the jersey and look at the match-ups. You can assume a lot from the name on the jersey. Most of it is wrong.

The point is that people are acting like losing to App State is the end of the world.

The point, my friend, has nothing to do with App St itself. The ire stems from an ongoing 2 year verbal disagreement between the Sunshine Pumpers and The Debbie Downers/Doom & Gloomers, as to the progress/direction of our football program. Both sides just might be
looking at this game as the 'Decision Maker' for luring those who are still sitting on the fence.

Reactions: HI Cock
Losing to a previously-ranked, 1 loss team is unacceptable? It wouldn't be great ,sure. But unacceptable is a strong word for a loss to a decent team. They are about as good as we are, and they beat UNC, a feat we failed to accomplish. Given the performance against a common opponent, don't be surprised or upset when we have to play this team tough.

It's time to learn a lesson most people who played organized football learned at some point. Stop looking at the name on the jersey and look at the match-ups. You can assume a lot from the name on the jersey. Most of it is wrong.

I expected *us* to be ranked in the fourth year of this administration.

Instead, we are hoping for six win seasons.

We play in the SEC yet we are basically in the same league as Appalachian State.

It's sick.

I expected *us* to be ranked in the fourth year of this administration.

Instead, we are hoping for six win seasons.

We play in the SEC yet we are basically in the same league as Appalachian State.

It's sick.

Well said.

This game reminds me of the ‘98 Marshall game.

Didn`t they beat Virginia Tech also? Losing to them is not what we want, but neither is it "unacceptable." To me, scheduling them is unacceptable and nobody still has told me who is responsible for that and why they were scheduled. Somebody out there must know. Was it Ray? Oh and no Feaster, no Shi, no Muse, no Vann. Do some of you just ignore that?

Reactions: cocky4
Didn`t they beat Virginia Tech also? Losing to them is not what we want, but neither is it "unacceptable." To me, scheduling them is unacceptable and nobody still has told me who is responsible for that and why they were scheduled. Somebody out there must know. Was it Ray? Oh and no Feaster, no Shi, no Muse, no Vann. Do some of you just ignore that?

In year four we needed to have the depth to beat these guys.

What athletes go to App State??

A loss here will be epic. And should seal Will's fate.
Hate it for him, hate it for us

It means we are crap, we will be worse every season with this staff, Tanner is crap and he will hire crap even if he fires Champ and his crappy staff

Looks like there's a pretty good chance we're gonna find out what it means....

It means we had no business scheduling them. Even with a W, we still had no business scheduling them when we should have a cupcake. Still want to know who was responsible for the moronic decision to schedule them not once, not twice, but 3 times!!! Does anyone know?

This game should be Tanners death nail as much maybe even more than Muschamp. No way to win here...App state is a good program..every bit as good as most power 5 schools. Could very easily get beaten by them..and the headlines will be USC loses to Sun Belt school....if we win then the healines are USC beat a Sun Belt program.

This was an idiotic move by Tanner....I knew better.so did many others. I am saying it now....the Average joe on the street would be a better AD that Ray Tanner....he has no business in that seat.

Stupid post. App St. Players are all 2 star or less.
Our coach just stinks that bad.

Reactions: ManInBlack00
We should probably either petition the Southern Conference for membership or scrap football altogether.

Reactions: jonesz21
It means App State > South Carolina as a football program.
Riddle me this. How can App State, Sun Belt team, with a lot less money. Charging a lot less for seats and other fancy things. Not getting that fat SEC Network check every year. With way worse facilities. Playing with players South Carolina all passed on, except for that one guy that we had interest in, but then he got hurt and stopped being interested in, but really we probably just got a commitment from someone we thought was better..... able to be a better Football program that than South Carolina? I mean, they don't even have a rap studio!!!! What is the answer?!

Reactions: Judson1
It means not only do we have incompetent coaches....we have a team full of sorry attitude players....all will have to be shown the door and until they are and this mess cleared out the misery will continue. The coaching is terrible but we should be able to impose our will on App State. When you are an SEC program...nobody should hold you for less yard rushing than carries...….that is not putting out effort there.

Riddle me this. How can App State, Sun Belt team, with a lot less money. Charging a lot less for seats and other fancy things. Not getting that fat SEC Network check every year. With way worse facilities. Playing with players South Carolina all passed on, except for that one guy that we had interest in, but then he got hurt and stopped being interested in, but really we probably just got a commitment from someone we thought was better..... able to be a better Football program that than South Carolina? I mean, they don't even have a rap studio!!!! What is the answer?!

Russians . Obviously that’s the only way

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT