ADVERTISEMENT

What happened to lawcalcock?

I saw a post a couple months ago that he said some things on a thread and was banned. I didn't see the thread myself.

Reactions: DarkCock
I’m surprised he has not come back under another name. I’m guessing he/she/they have come back. Like all the other clowns come back. Btw. It’s pretty hard to get kicked off this board these days. It must have hurt someone’s feelings.

I’m surprised he has not come back under another name. I’m guessing he/she/they have come back. Like all the other clowns come back. Btw. It’s pretty hard to get kicked off this board these days. It must have hurt someone’s feelings.

It was probably over a political argument. That's a shame. He was actual Gamecock fan (not a troll) who knew WBB recruiting.

One of the usual suspects that has constantly changed usernames has been noticeably absent lately. Maybe he's busy conjuring up his newest account.

Reactions: redrogers
He was very knowledgeable about our WBB program. Worked hard to know recruiting(much more than i and I’m fairly obsessive) and I suspect he had contacts somewhere in the program.
To him we were always unbeatable and was consistently dismissive of our opponents. I always appreciated his knowledge but we butted heads over his tone and attitude at times

He was very knowledgeable about our WBB program. Worked hard to know recruiting(much more than i and I’m fairly obsessive) and I suspect he had contacts somewhere in the program.
To him we were always unbeatable and was consistently dismissive of our opponents. I always appreciated his knowledge but we butted heads over his tone and attitude at times

Yes, we do need to watch our tone. Even more challenging since we really don't know each other.

If I disagree with someone, I try hard to be clear that I disagree with the statement and not the person. I they are incorrect about something, I will post the correction but will not make a disparaging remark to or about the poster.

Yes, we do need to watch our tone. Even more challenging since we really don't know each other.

If I disagree with someone, I try hard to be clear that I disagree with the statement and not the person. I they are incorrect about something, I will post the correction but will not make a disparaging remark to or about the poster.
And that distinguishes the kind of person you are from the kind of person they are - if their tendency is to counter by impugning your intelligence or attacking your right to have an opinion other than theirs.

And that distinguishes the kind of person you are from the kind of person they are - if their tendency is to counter by impugning your intelligence or attacking your right to have an opinion other than theirs.
I always prefer to have a civil discussion. But I will say that if someone starts hurling personal insults at me, I reserve the right to respond in kind.

I replied to (what appears to be) a recently-deleted thread about COVID-19, mask-wearing, and social distancing. Someone posted about illegal aliens crossing over from Mexico (don't hear much about this from Canada) and that Homeland Security was allowing this without insisting that masks be worn, etc. Another poster asked for a source, and got shot down, stating that "look it up yourself", and "you wouldn't accept the source even if presented."

Anybody making such a statement needs to provide the source, especially when asked. You the poster have the responsibility to provide a source and do the due diligence. If the recipient doesn't believe you or your source, that's on them.

And this principle has nothing to do with what side of the political fence you stand.

Reactions: king ward
I always prefer to have a civil discussion. But I will say that if someone starts hurling personal insults at me, I reserve the right to respond in kind.
IMO, while you certainly have the right to respond in kind, my take is that you have the responsibility to try and "calm the other down" first. And that applies to me too.

And I usually do try. But, alas, I am human and therefore am not perfect. 😉
I think that perhaps there are too many people who are too emboldened behind a keyboard.

I've stuck around all these years because I enjoy learning from and sharing information with many of you, and hope to continue to do so for many more years. Who knows, if I make to a baseball game in Columbia one of these years (sadly, Athens is out this year for me), I may meet some of you in person!

He was an aggressive poster much of the time. There are plenty more where he came from.
I liked him as a poster most of the time. He is a passionate Gamecock fan, which is way more than one can say for a LOT of the posters on here, who somehow avoid the ban-hammer. Sadly I believe it is used on the wrong targets.

#freeRod #freeLawcal

I liked him as a poster most of the time. He is a passionate Gamecock fan, which is way more than one can say for a LOT of the posters on here, who somehow avoid the ban-hammer. Sadly I believe it is used on the wrong targets.

#freeRod #freeLawcal
The supply of his ilk has been more than replenished.

I think a lot of posters checked out when there was no sports and every thread was a political rant (on both sides) . I know I checked out for a month or two until the dust settled . Im just glad we can finally just talk sports or random BS instead of political garbage .

Sorry, but making a joke about 9/11 deserves cancellation.
Never said it didn't. I said I miss him and that I'm sorry he got canceled. But since the question of what a person "deserves" came up, most premeditated killers neither get executed nor spend their entire lives in jail anymore. I guess this was worse.

I try to follow the same path. As a rule if someone disagrees I may respond one time, usually I see the counter to the counter post, but then I leave it at that. Very rarely will I answer the 2nd counter post.
I just don't see the need to extend a disagreement with someone I don't even know,

Reactions: PC31 and atl-cock
If you wanna read Rod Dangerfield, go to the national free forum. He's over there calling me a tater all the time

Bans are usually based on your IP address not your email.

Today's cancel culture. Dont like what someone says, make sure they aren't around to say it anymore. Then tell everyone how inclusive and diverse you are.

Reactions: importcock
Today's cancel culture. Dont like what someone says, make sure they aren't around to say it anymore. Then tell everyone how inclusive and diverse you are.
People have been getting banned on message boards since kingdom come man. That's not a cancel culture thing

I try to follow the same path. As a rule if someone disagrees I may respond one time, usually I see the counter to the counter post, but then I leave it at that. Very rarely will I answer the 2nd counter post.
I just don't see the need to extend a disagreement with someone I don't even know,
Agreeing to disagree is the best outcome on that. Tie game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT