ADVERTISEMENT

What in the hell is going on at University of South Carolina!

I agree with the leadership aspect. We are a ship without a rudder. Just several mismanaged situations besides athletics.

The UoSC debacle. I was working the USC-Clemson baseball game last night and the scoreboard prior to the game had us listed as UoSC. I thought to myself we did this to ourselves.

The Darla Moore situation is just so unprofessional and uncaring!

Caslen is just an absolute bad hire. Our school means absolutely nothing to him.

Honestly, I am more concerned about the overall leadership at the school than just the athletics. I like the Beamer hire because I think the school means something to him.
Agree with the Beamer hire. Caslen was pushed in by our governor. The board only voted him in by 11-8. That's a lot of decent.

Not a bad idea, not sure it could get much worse from an Athletic department point of view. The University of Southern Califo................................ oops i meant South Carolina is struggling in every "Men's" athletic program. I cant believe the Flagship program, men's baseball, has fallen so far so fast.
Since when did basketball become the “flagship” program?

And daily bit*hing on a sports forum changes what exactly?

that’s the problem with our virtual internet generation . People think they’re accomplishing something by whining and complaining online.
You must be trapped in 1995. Here in 2021, the online mob can cost people jobs and future livelihood.

In Caslen’s case, he’s losing that battle and will probably be overwhelmed by it. He carries himself like a buffoon, which makes him easily mockable online. Because he’s so disliked, and the virtual conversations are completely anti Caslen, those who support him are being ignored. You won’t see much support for him bubble up because the online sentiment is so negative, but he does have some surprising supporters and there is obviously a tide pushing against his ouster.

“According to NBC News, retired Navy Admiral William McRaven said in a statement, “Bob Caslen is one of the finest and most honorable officers with whom I ever served. I was flattered that he thought my words were worth repeating and he certainly doesn’t owe me an apology.””

“Those supporting Caslen include Gamecocks women’s basketball coach Dawn Staley, outgoing USC provost William Tate, student body president Alex Harrell and more,”

You must be trapped in 1995. Here in 2021, the online mob can cost people jobs and future livelihood.

In Caslen’s case, he’s losing that battle and will probably be overwhelmed by it. He carries himself like a buffoon, which makes him easily mockable online. Because he’s so disliked, and the virtual conversations are completely anti Caslen, those who support him are being ignored. You won’t see much support for him bubble up because the online sentiment is so negative, but he does have some surprising supporters and there is obviously a tide pushing against his ouster.

“According to NBC News, retired Navy Admiral William McRaven said in a statement, “Bob Caslen is one of the finest and most honorable officers with whom I ever served. I was flattered that he thought my words were worth repeating and he certainly doesn’t owe me an apology.””

“Those supporting Caslen include Gamecocks women’s basketball coach Dawn Staley, outgoing USC provost William Tate, student body president Alex Harrell and more,”

so you truly think the powers that be are gonna look up FGF?

Not a bad idea, not sure it could get much worse from an Athletic department point of view. The University of Southern Califo................................ oops i meant South Carolina is struggling in every "Men's" athletic program. I cant believe the Flagship program, men's baseball, has fallen so far so fast.
JFTR- The men’s baseball team is still ranked and headed to the playoffs… Not the precipitous collapse you seem to think it is.. Kingston has really only had one bad season, this season has left some to be desired, but it is a sign of improvement from where we were when he took over..

so you truly think the powers that be are gonna look up FGF?
Possibly, yes. It’s all part of the online sentiment. Smart organizations have teams dedicated to this analysis, from Facebook and Twitter to Reddit and other popular message boards specific to their organization or functional areas. Even organizations that are antiquated in their thinking can become overwhelmed by what they see or what is told to them through their social media circles. Sometimes those organizations are even more reactionary and foolish, as they don’t take time to understand where and how their audience communicates online.

Darla Moore has never and will never have any interest in the job. You think a rich person without a care in the world wants a thankless job like university president? LOL, fiction can be fun.

Last time I checked, our baseball program is going back to the NCAA Tournament, beat Clemson 2 out of 3, and is #12 in RPI
Men's basketball sucked much worse under Hyman
Football has sucked with the exception of 4 years under Steve Spurrier, I'd hardly blame that on current AD. Nonetheless, I like the Beamer hire and feel good about direction we're headed.
Now that's a ringing endorsement.

Possibly, yes. It’s all part of the online sentiment. Smart organizations have teams dedicated to this analysis, from Facebook and Twitter to Reddit and other popular message boards specific to their organization or functional areas. Even organizations that are antiquated in their thinking can become overwhelmed by what they see or what is told to them through their social media circles. Sometimes those organizations are even more reactionary and foolish, as they don’t take time to understand where and how their audience communicates online.

lol, I can assure you, boo-hooing on FGF is accomplishing absolutely nothing. It’s ludicrous to even suggest.

This is the worst I've seen the University of South Carolina ever!

A President who doesn't know who he is President of..

BOT that has been MIA..

An AD who is managing the decline of the athletic program...

Turning away out biggest donor in Darla Moore...

It's time for a new President and I want Darla Moore as our next President of the University of South Carolina or the head of BOT... We need to make changes and need to make changes NOW!!!

606e13e15ead2.image.jpg
A president who doesn’t know where he is, slurs his words, and plagiarizes speeches, while their people disintegrate. Are we still talking USC or the USA? Sounds eerily similar. 🤪

Do you not think they can still get a quality education there? That would be my first concern since Caslen is a flash in the pan but the education is forever.
I do. My son is senior and I have another son starting as a freshman in the fall (of course he almost has a free ride). I agree with the horrible decision making that has transpired lately at the top. However, the qaulity of education is still very high at USC.

lol, I can assure you, boo-hooing on FGF is accomplishing absolutely nothing. It’s ludicrous to even suggest.
You’re wrong. Threads mocking Caslen have thousands of views across the two main message board sites. The content has thousands of more views on Facebook and Twitter. Tens of thousands of views of this content, responses, posts over a week long period. There are people at the university who pay attention and report on this. Leadership at the University of South Carolina may ignore it outright, but that’s not true across the board and certainly not true in industry. These sites and social media are the pulse of an audience. It’s been true of a long time now.

I do. My son is senior and I have another son starting as a freshman in the fall (of course he almost has a free ride). I agree with the horrible decision making that has transpired lately at the top. However, the qaulity of education is still very high at USC.
While I’m very disappointed in the recent events, my daughter appears to have received a quality education as a STEM major.

Yeah, my daughter starts next year getting her doctorate in School Psychology. Never realized that USC has one of the best programs in the country.

Reactions: mUSCle Gamecock
A president who doesn’t know where he is, slurs his words, and plagiarizes speeches, while their people disintegrate. Are we still talking USC or the USA? Sounds eerily similar. 🤪
You'll criticize Biden, and yet you will still vote for McMaster who's responsible for Caslen, because of the R next to his name.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
You'll criticize Biden, and yet you will still vote for McMaster who's responsible for Caslen, because of the R next to his name.

I was for Caslen because he was the Superintendent of West Point, thinking he was a good fit. But something happened on the way to California, I mean Carolina and he has gone down hill. Maybe the job was too much for Caslen or he had dinner with Tanner and Muschamp..

Reactions: bflogger28
USC definitely needs to hire a professional PR firm. I know one of the guys who owns the firm that represents or has represented Tenet, Coca-Cola, and the Atlanta Braves...they are very good at what they do, but, BUT, they are all UGA grads.

A PR firm from NEW YORK CITY? Like the one that gave us UofSC?

You’re wrong. Threads mocking Caslen have thousands of views across the two main message board sites. The content has thousands of more views on Facebook and Twitter. Tens of thousands of views of this content, responses, posts over a week long period. There are people at the university who pay attention and report on this. Leadership at the University of South Carolina may ignore it outright, but that’s not true across the board and certainly not true in industry. These sites and social media are the pulse of an audience. It’s been true of a long time now.
An ongoing debate is whether or not message boards can influence recruiting. Where do you stand on that?

Darla Moore has never and will never have any interest in the job. You think a rich person without a care in the world wants a thankless job like university president? LOL, fiction can be fun.
I know a perfect example to debunk your theory.

This is the worst I've seen the University of South Carolina ever!

A President who doesn't know who he is President of..

BOT that has been MIA..

An AD who is managing the decline of the athletic program...

Turning away out biggest donor in Darla Moore...

It's time for a new President and I want Darla Moore as our next President of the University of South Carolina or the head of BOT... We need to make changes and need to make changes NOW!!!

606e13e15ead2.image.jpg
Nothing good.

Man, the guy he beat must have been a giant bag of feces. No other way to explain it.

An ongoing debate is whether or not message boards can influence recruiting. Where do you stand on that?
I’d wager it can play a role in some instances. In business, you’re always thinking about your consumer touch points for your brand, products, and services. Some of those are completely under your control and others originate through an organic online conversation through social media, message boards, consumer review sites, etc. In many cases those organic touch points that exist beyond your control carry more weight with the consumer. Ostensibly, those platforms go beyond marketing jargon and provide more realistic viewpoints provided by other consumers, interested parties, stakeholders, or industry experts.

We also know consumers will engage in extensive online research before making life altering decisions or major purchases. They tend to consume as much information as is possibly available, from as many sources as possible, to create their own personal crowd sourced decision model. This is especially true for people under the age of 40. If you search for South Carolina football, you’re going to get to the Rivals or 247 site pretty quickly. And then, it’s only natural to see what the sentiment is.

And people in marketing have been waging war through message boards for years now. From observing and reporting, to planting users to influencing the conversation, it’s big business. Part of what rivals and 247 are is simply an extension of the school’s PR arm. Their autonomy only goes so far as the school will allow.

My eldest daughter went to Davidson. My youngest daughter is in her second year at Miami of Ohio. For them, I actually preferred both those schools and was very happy with their choices.

As a graduate of USC and a DIE HARDER Gamecock fan, neither of my kids decided to go to USC and never had in interest in Gamecock athletics that I did and I am OK with that. I never told either one they had to do this or that. My son is at Winthrop and my daughter will be a freshman at the College of Charleston. GO COCKS

USCALUMNI

I think so on the education question but there are better options out there. I am concerned about their overall college experience, including safety.

I am as anti Clemson as the next guy on this board when it comes to sports but I would send my kids there in a heartbeat for the education / environment (assuming they wanted to go).
I sure hate that Diehard Gamecocks have to be driven to feeling like this.

Man, the guy he beat must have been a giant bag of feces. No other way to explain it.
either way, this country is in a HARD Downward spiral... Just look around man. US gets absoutely "no respect" around the globe. They know we when from a Hard Ass that people hated his tweets, but loved America, to a Sweet old grandpa that sleeps 19 hours a day, and cant get dressed without help. and doesnt know the pledge of allegiance. Russia hacking our infrastructure, IRAN toying with our navy, Hamas Terrosrist shooting misslie into our ONLY real ALLY in the Middle east, gas shortage, no workers, govt paying them more to lock up in basement, Prices on EVERYTHING going through the roof, small businesses going under, etc etc etc.. Man, if you think Biden is doing a fair or even less than average job, you are delusional.. His administration and the real POTUS Harris/Rice/obama has been a total trainwreck, that i fear we may never rebound from.. !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT