ADVERTISEMENT

What is everyone's thoughts about MLB having any type of season this year?

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
I heard today that it is possible for MLB not to even have a season this year, because as of now, the owners and players are very far apart on reaching an agreement. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThirdTTrio
I remember when NHL didn’t play a game due to strike/lockout. I didn’t miss it. Although that was the reason poker was broadcast on ESPN. Yuck.

Freddie, I think you and I must be the only 2 that will truly miss MLB this year. Heck, the Braves had a great chance to get to the World Series this year with their team. This is the type of action, rather, the lack of it, that will kill the game for the future.

The announcer today said if there is no season for MLB the league will lose a ton of money which goes without saying. But, it could do a lot of damage in the next few seasons of MLB. I think the fans will give a knee jerk reaction if there is no baseball and by that I mean they may start staying home when it is safe to return.

Last I heard the hold up was with the players union. Something to do with shared revenue during a shortened season.
Even if there is a shortened season it will be scheduled geographically, so it's a possibility that for example the Braves may play mostly teams such as the Marlins, Rays, Astros, Rangers, and Nationals.
I would expect a lot of inter league play if this is indeed the model that is chosen.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT