ADVERTISEMENT

Whats our biggest need in the portal?

We need WRs and a QB for sure. We can take players at every single position, with the exception of RB. Though I would take one there if we have to. We took White…

Reactions: TAV31 and Jbouton2
OL and linebackers. Although, for the OL, I'm not sure how much of our problems are due to personnel vs coaching/schemes. I mean, I'm sure we have some talent deficiencies, but even crap teams manage to get the occasional first down against a good defense.

Reactions: TAV31
If we could make a upgrade at QB, reciever and O line that would be huge.
We still wouldn't compete against Clemson, but it would improve our team.

If we do not get better OL players, it will not matter about our other positions on offense. Clemson was pushing our o -line backwards four or five yards almost every play. You cannot win like that. The talent gap is obvious.

Reactions: Ratheolcoach
OL and linebackers. QB, too. But who's going to transfer into a program with Satterfield calling plays? I mean, we currently have 7 safeties committed. Do we really need 7 safeties? Are they bulking them up to play O line?

Whats our biggest need in the portal?​

We need to install a door know on the outside only of our threshold to it so that no one can come through it, look around at our situation, and say, "Unh-uh, I don't want no part of this", and waltz back out the door..

With our problems with the OL, we need an above average QB that can pick up 4 or 5 yards with his feet. We need a Connor Shaw.

If we do not get better OL players, it will not matter about our other positions on offense. Clemson was pushing our o -line backwards four or five yards almost every play. You cannot win like that. The talent gap is obvious.
Every ACC team played better against Clemson. Clemson wanted it more. We folded

Clemson was bigger, stronger, more talented, and better coached. They were the better team in every facet. The effort had nothing to do with it.

We need better players and better coaches. If you keep the offensive staff ( I give Beamer a pass on this year because they stuck him with Bobo), the recruiting will not improve and the results will be the same.

I agree with this. We have a ways to go and I’ll leave it at that so not to be overly negative on players.

I think it's just sad that we now look forward to the transfer portal rather than the recruitment trail...says a lot about the current state of the program.

Probably can’t get everything we need, but here’s my list.

One QB.

One RB.

At least two quality OL. We can’t count on throwing true freshmen into the fire.

One or two hole plugging DL. Did Keem Green make an impact this year?

At least one LB.

One DE.

Probably can’t fill lol of those holes, so at a minimum a QB, 2 OL, and a LB. Anyone else is gravy.

fist.gif

Reactions: QC Cock
Please don’t recruit any more experiments. There’s a reason why brown was at St Francis. We haven’t had a reliable QB since Connor Shaw. Next, fix the Oline.

We need a QB with a leadership role. Got my doubts we'll find any leaders in the portal. Think we're on our own at that position.

Reactions: 92Pony
Its unlikely we’ll find a true #1 receiver in the portal but that is a huge area of need.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT