ADVERTISEMENT

What's the best bowl game

ScWildthing61

Sep 10, 2011
I say Outback Bowl, that's where most of our success has come, plus I don't like the Big Ten, any win over them(Ohio State in particular) is sweet.

The granddaddy of them all. The Rose Bowl. The field literally looks perfect before kickoff. I’d love to see us play there in my lifetime but the odds are pretty slim. Was in Pasadena when Clowney made “the hit”. Pretty sure I saw a Michigan helmet fly over me.
I think what hurts the Rose Bowl is that it’s a B10 - Pac12 matchup. It’s usually not a great matchup of teams. And these days, it’s usually no longer the conference Champs with the playoff.

What would make the bowls more appealing is to do away with Bowl Tie-ins. Rank the bowls, and match teams up according to their rankings for good matchups.

That being said, The Rose Bowl is definitely the most prestigious. For South Carolina, the best bowl we could play, most years, is the Sugar Bowl.

The Sugar Bowl is good, but the Superdome is a he!! Hole. They need to bulldoze it and build something else. I went to the 1980 national championship game with a Georgia fan friend and we were so high up, the ND helmets looked like BB's, but they did sell liquor drinks and that helped.

Peach Bowl...usually pretty good matchup between SEC/ACC...I've been to 2..
Clemson vs UK...Clemson won near the end of the game
UNC vs. Mississippi State...UNC came back and won...Mack Brown was coaching them...

The Sugar Bowl is good, but the Superdome is a he!! Hole. They need to bulldoze it and build something else. I went to the 1980 national championship game with a Georgia fan friend and we were so high up, the ND helmets looked like BB's, but they did sell liquor drinks and that helped.
Yeah the Superdome is pretty underwhelming from my experience as well.

The Sugar Bowl will always mean something to the entire South. It is one of my favorite games no matter who is playing. I gave the edge to the Rose Bowl, but it is a slight one. I’d love to see the Gamecocks in either bowl.

The best bowls are Big10 vs SEC matchups. Second is Big12 vs Pac12. There is no third.
Amen.... Love it when an SEC school lays the wood to a Big10 school, though occasionally it doesn't go the way I want it to. UK-Iowa looks like an interesting matchup, and of course UGA-UM should be a really good one as well.

Reactions: bucketdad
Yeah the Superdome is pretty underwhelming from my experience as well.

The Sugar Bowl will always mean something to the entire South. It is one of my favorite games no matter who is playing. I gave the edge to the Rose Bowl, but it is a slight one. I’d love to see the Gamecocks in either bowl.
What I love about the Superdome is that is not a friendly place for clemson to play at.

Amen.... Love it when an SEC school lays the wood to a Big10 school, though occasionally it doesn't go the way I want it to. UK-Iowa looks like an interesting matchup, and of course UGA-UM should be a really good one as well.
Loved seeing us play Michigan, Ohio St and Iowa. Was hoping we could get Penn St this year since we had similar records. Wasnt to be. I will be watching them and Arkansas tho. Very interesting matchup.

The bowl game that used to look the best on tv back in the day, was the orange bowl back when it was the fedex orange bowl, it was my favorite of all the BCS bowls during that era, the field looked perfect, pro player stadium looked just right from the camera shots(before they defaced it with that crazy canopy thing) the endzones were painted perfectly, even the players jerseys with the fedex orange bowl patches on them looked the best, then you add that it was always a night game back then with the nighttime camera shots of Miami and it was the one major bowl I had to see every year.

The granddaddy of them all. The Rose Bowl. The field literally looks perfect before kickoff. I’d love to see us play there in my lifetime but the odds are pretty slim. Was in Pasadena when Clowney made “the hit”. Pretty sure I saw a Michigan helmet fly over me.
Is commifornia even allowing a full stadium? or are there just 5,000 UCLA fans at home games by coincidence?

I’m sorry if your political views don’t allow you to recognize the Rose Bowl as one of, if not the most, premier bowl game in the country.
Well it's going to be a boring ass game with nobody in the stands. I'm sorry you side with commiefornia. Maybe you should move out there where gas is $5/gallon and nobody has rights...you know except for illegals and the homeless that run that state.

The Sun Bowl since it’s the only bowl not on the 4 letter network, so there’s no CFP hype every 3 minutes.

Well it's going to be a boring ass game with nobody in the stands. I'm sorry you side with commiefornia. Maybe you should move out there where gas is $5/gallon and nobody has rights...you know except for illegals and the homeless that run that state.
How many times have you visited CA and where did you go?

That last one is seismic. Michigan must be stopped. I don't have nearly the faith in Georgia that I had several weeks back. If you're questioning whether or not you have the right quarterback in there at this late stage, that's a terrible place to be.

The SEC has looked bad in bowls so far.
Abysmal. If the college football world weren't so screwed up, those teams wouldn't have been in position to disgrace themselves and the league the way they are. It's a systemic problem that makes the SEC look worse that other conferences due to the hype the league confers on itself.

13853210ef5dedc544b090dd064419c6.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT