ADVERTISEMENT

What's your thoughts on us landing Pickney

SCcocks4ever

Mar 21, 2002
Greenville
Seems like a really good kid who is looking at the whole picture in choosing his school. Says he is going to major in business which gives me a ray of hope. Just hope he looks at the fact we have been putting DL's in the NFL and he will be going up against the best in the SEC. Supposed to announce Friday Aug 21.

Reactions: colaheat
Don't know. Don't really keep up with recruiting either way.

but speaking about our business school - our new business school is fantastic. The new building is extremely impressive.
LandingSliderImage-bf52e948-bb92-4003-8d3d-0da9e7046576.jpg

Seems like a really good kid who is looking at the whole picture in choosing his school. Says he is going to major in business which gives me a ray of hope. Just hope he looks at the fact we have been putting DL's in the NFL and he will be going up against the best in the SEC. Supposed to announce Friday Aug 21.

The fact that he wants to major in business can only help our chances. At one point he looked like a Clemson lock but his comments recently seemed to have evened our odds. I think we get him here in Columbia. Clemson fans will say they backed off of his recruitment of course. They always do when we get one that they wanted.

Reactions: ForeverTiger1981
The fact that he wants to major in business can only help our chances. At one point he looked like a Clemson lock but his comments recently seemed to have evened our odds. I think we get him here in Columbia. Clemson fans will say they backed off of his recruitment of course. They always do when we get one that they wanted.

Let me go ahead a make a statement about this now. CU is recruiting Pinckney hard, and he is a "take" for CU all day long. There is no backing off Pinckney, and if he picks SC then it was because he chose them over us. Clemson wants to take 1 DT in this class, and the coaches have targeted Pinckney. They are working several over sign worthy kids at DT, but those guys look like long shots at this point. If we lose Pinckney, it is because SC did a better job recruiting him. CU will not back off, he is too good.

Let me go ahead a make a statement about this now. CU is recruiting Pinckney hard, and he is a "take" for CU all day long. There is no backing off Pinckney, and if he picks SC then it was because he chose them over us. Clemson wants to take 1 DT in this class, and the coaches have targeted Pinckney. They are working several over sign worthy kids at DT, but those guys look like long shots at this point. If we lose Pinckney, it is because SC did a better job recruiting him. CU will not back off, he is too good.

LOL! I would have bet 3 months of my annuity payments that this post would shake out Tater posters. You guys are just so damn predictable

Just out of curiosity, how many OL are yall looking to take?

My thoughts? This is what will happen here when he signs with the "pattie" school.........
med3d-virus.gif

If he announces 8/21 we have no chance. He was at the pool party but that was it. He has been heavily recruited and has had many visits with Clemson. If he was waiting until much later in the year I'd like our chances much better.

South Carolina and Spurrier showed up to the party late as usual. He had his offer from Clemson for a while. South Carolina did not offer until after Florida offered. Clemson has been on him hard. His visit to South Carolina was nothing special. He said he felt as if he was any other high school senior viewing the campus. They showed him no love. Spurrier's one visit to his school he called him the wrong name. Did not leave a good impression with him. He will be wearing orange.

Just out of curiosity, how many OL are yall looking to take?

@GamecockTripp If we get everyone we want 2-3 more DL and 2 more OL in addition to what we already have committed. I think the DL will turn out to be one DL and one DE and we will get 2 of the 3 remaining OL on our board. Would love to get Rashaun Gary and Dexter Lawrence but I dont think we get either.

I think we get Pinckney

South Carolina and Spurrier showed up to the party late as usual. He had his offer from Clemson for a while. South Carolina did not offer until after Florida offered. Clemson has been on him hard. His visit to South Carolina was nothing special. He said he felt as if he was any other high school senior viewing the campus. They showed him no love. Spurrier's one visit to his school he called him the wrong name. Did not leave a good impression with him. He will be wearing orange.
Are you his PR guy?

Reactions: spinrbait
The plan was to take 4 , but I don't know where they are going to come from. We have 2 commits currently, and Simpson is the one guy we really want. Don't know if we land him or if he goes to you guys. Other than that, I guess it's landing an under the radar prospect. Not feeling good about Simpson after really having a lot of confidence early in the process. SC has really come on with him.

Reactions: 1Clemson
The rivalry usually sways the way of in state kids like this. We can't recruit out of state like them so we can't afford to lose in state too.

Reactions: IkeWild33

"Pinckney remains in touch with his recruiters from all four schools and Saturday he talked with USC defensive line coach Deke Adams.
“He just talked about how much they really want me and how I’m the number one defensive tackle on their list,” Pinckney said. “It just shows me that they really want me to play for them and are really trying hard to get me to come there.”"

Reactions: funktavious
"Pinckney remains in touch with his recruiters from all four schools and Saturday he talked with USC defensive line coach Deke Adams.
“He just talked about how much they really want me and how I’m the number one defensive tackle on their list,” Pinckney said. “It just shows me that they really want me to play for them and are really trying hard to get me to come there.”"

Where in his quote does it say anything about him leaning or swaying towards South Carilina? Where in that quote is anything I stated disputed? I'm sure South Carolina is pushing for him hard. They need him. They just started showing interest a long time after Clenson. He already had his connection with Clemson.

The quote I was given was this, "it is Clemson's recruit unless they lose it." This means they are in the lead and have been in the lead.

Where in his quote does it say anything about him leaning or swaying towards South Carilina? Where in that quote is anything I stated disputed? I'm sure South Carolina is pushing for him hard. They need him. They just started showing interest a long time after Clenson. He already had his connection with Clemson.

The quote I was given was this, "it is Clemson's recruit unless they lose it." This means they are in the lead and have been in the lead.

You: "His visit to South Carolina was nothing special. He said he felt as if he was any other high school senior viewing the campus. They showed him no love. Spurrier's one visit to his school he called him the wrong name. Did not leave a good impression with him."

Pinckney: “It just shows me that they really want me to play for them and are really trying hard to get me to come there.”"

You: "His visit to South Carolina was nothing special. He said he felt as if he was any other high school senior viewing the campus. They showed him no love. Spurrier's one visit to his school he called him the wrong name. Did not leave a good impression with him."

Pinckney: “It just shows me that they really want me to play for them and are really trying hard to get me to come there.”"

Again, his quote was not about his initial visit which is where my info was referring. As I also stated, I'm sure the staff has pumped up pressure on him because they now realize what they have in their own state as a potential recruit. Clemson just beat them to the punch and developed the relationship and won the recruit.

The place you were disputed is your comment about how USC has "showed him no love"- obviously they HAVE. SOS gets EVERYONE'S name wrong! It is his "thing"... It is like a term of endearment. He had that kid on our team for a while whose uncle was a golfer and he called him by his uncle's name for FOUR YEARS when he mentioned him in the press. A Nick becomes "Nicky", or he shortens their name or calls them by their middle name when everyone else is using their first, or he just flat says the wrong thing then snickers about it when corrected, or if they are freshmen, he generally just calls them by jersey number. It his little way of 1. Making his mention of them memorable and 2. Making the players want to do well enough so that he will never forget their name again. If this kid is saying he called him by the wrong name, I am sure it was the name of a more famous Pinkney Spurrier knew or some abbreviated form of his name Spurrier was tagging him with as a way of making himself seem more "familiar" with the kid. Of course I wasn't THERE like you were, so I have no way of knowing for sure what he did or did not say... Ohh... Wait, what's that? You weren't there either? Just blowing smoke ehh? That's what I thought.

Again, his quote was not about his initial visit which is where my info was referring. As I also stated, I'm sure the staff has pumped up pressure on him because they now realize what they have in their own state as a potential recruit. Clemson just beat them to the punch and developed the relationship and won the recruit.

snakeoil%20salesman_zpsqu7o1cev.jpg

Reactions: Mr CockStrong
@GamecockTripp If we get everyone we want 2-3 more DL and 2 more OL in addition to what we already have committed. I think the DL will turn out to be one DL and one DE and we will get 2 of the 3 remaining OL on our board. Would love to get Rashaun Gary and Dexter Lawrence but I dont think we get either.

I think we get Pinckney

Dabo still keeps it awfully thin on the OL for me. I would have taken 5 last year plus a JUCO and 5 more this year.

Reactions: clemben
No need to continue this. You be happy that NOW South Carolina is showing love. Clemson will be happy when he is on their roster. Another recruit going to Clemson that the Gamecocks couldn't land.
I think most on here said he will likely go to clemson.

If he is interested in business, we have a new Darla Moore Business School...............Clemson has uh ................none. We are SEC, they are a basketball conference. Other than Dabo being full of shat, I just don't get it. And his parents are 120 miles closer to see him play?

You win some you lose some in recruiting.

We landed one the other week that CU wanted so if he chooses CU then so be it.

CU might APPEAR to do better in recruiting than us but it has resulted in 1 win out of the last 6 tries so I don't put much stock in that.

Reactions: Tigerof66
Dabo still keeps it awfully thin on the OL for me. I would have taken 5 last year plus a JUCO and 5 more this year.

@GamecockTripp

I am just glad we have started taking linemen and at least appear to be putting some emphasis on the lines on both sides of the ball. We took a total of 6 D-Linemen (combination of DT and DE) in the 2013 and 2014. That was almost criminal and not near enough. We took 7 DT/DE in 2015 and projected 4 more in 2016.

For Oline 5 in 2012, 2 in 2013, 2 in 2014, 4 in 2015 and 4 projected in 2016. Once again I dont think we took enough in 13 and 14 which has led to our current lack of depth at that position.

I think any team should take 3 to 4 DL/DE and 3 to 4 OL minimum in each class. Only taking two in a class doesnt at least to me account for attrition and kids that dont pan out at the position.

Reactions: GamecockTripp
@GamecockTripp

I am just glad we have started taking linemen and at least appear to be putting some emphasis on the lines on both sides of the ball. We took a total of 6 D-Linemen (combination of DT and DE) in the 2013 and 2014. That was almost criminal and not near enough. We took 7 DT/DE in 2015 and projected 4 more in 2016.

For Oline 5 in 2012, 2 in 2013, 2 in 2014, 4 in 2015 and 4 projected in 2016. Once again I dont think we took enough in 13 and 14 which has led to our current lack of depth at that position.

I think any team should take 3 to 4 DL/DE and 3 to 4 OL minimum in each class. Only taking two in a class doesnt at least to me account for attrition and kids that dont pan out at the position.

Yep, because you never know when something crazy like your starting LT just up and leaves school out of the blue. We just put a former 4 star on medical hardship. Everyone thought he was going to be a 2-3 year starter but never saw the field because he was always hurt.

The rivalry usually sways the way of in state kids like this. We can't recruit out of state like them so we can't afford to lose in state too.

The background of your avatar looks so much like Claris hill. I just had to ask. That's a nice bass.

Makes his announcement today at 2:00.

I wonder where he will go.

Ah, Newton! Barry Watson was our guy's name on the high school basketball team. He couldn't shoot, he couldn't dribble, or rebound - play defense ...fully half his passes sailed out of bounds but what he COULD do was FOUL ... strong, BAMB! 'intentional fouls' if you didn't know better.
Barry was sent into the game to 'take out' the opponents 'star', if possible. To 'provoke' him and if that didn't work to flat-out cream him the first time he had a chance on a layup he was certain to lay him out.

That's you, Newton. Dispatched for the sole purpose of trying to 'manage' banter on this page for this subject.

Your not a 'Carolina fan, you're a henchman. It's puzzling though, one thing ... you've posted at least half-dozen times just on this one thread yet your 'post count' registers 10 after every one of them.

Where ever he decides, if it goes 'your' way I hope Fidel fronts you some paint for your palace and a full bottle of Havana Club, you've worked for it.

To borrow a tater line in this matter..."we didn't want him anyway. He is not really as good as everyone claims.." that's what they would say. There greatest lines..."we are too deep, we were two touchdowns away from a national championship, we didn't want him anyway.." I love them ignorant people (tater fans)......They are a source of entertainment you can't buy...

Ah, Newton! Barry Watson was our guy's name on the high school basketball team. He couldn't shoot, he couldn't dribble, or rebound - play defense ...fully half his passes sailed out of bounds but what he COULD do was FOUL ... strong, BAMB! 'intentional fouls' if you didn't know better.
Barry was sent into the game to 'take out' the opponents 'star', if possible. To 'provoke' him and if that didn't work to flat-out cream him the first time he had a chance on a layup he was certain to lay him out.

That's you, Newton. Dispatched for the sole purpose of trying to 'manage' banter on this page for this subject.

Your not a 'Carolina fan, you're a henchman. It's puzzling though, one thing ... you've posted at least half-dozen times just on this one thread yet your 'post count' registers 10 after every one of them.

Where ever he decides, if it goes 'your' way I hope Fidel fronts you some paint for your palace and a full bottle of Havana Club, you've worked for it.

Not sure where I ever claimed I was a "Carolina fan". I simply posted facts on this topic that was started by someone else.

Don't you have another fiction novel to start writing??

LOL! I would have bet 3 months of my annuity payments that this post would shake out Tater posters. You guys are just so damn predictable
this is a Clemson board right? I see all the topics about Clemson so I thought I was in the right place!!

Reactions: Dackel
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT